Add-on Store is broken 'Failed to fetch add-on info'

Can you go to Hass.io in the menu on the left, then go to the system tab. Does it show any helpful information? (in particular, I think it should mention the file it is missiing).
Also, it could be that you are not having the exact same issue as I/we had.

Please follow this steps

Rebooting fixed the issue. Wish I knew why. Thought after stopping all Docker containers and restarting them it would have worked.

I agree. Yesterday I placed the repository.json file and restarted the containers also. I thought the trick didn’t work, but as someone later on stated that after a reboot it worked I tried the reboot and I had exactly the same thought like you.

I know I have a bogus REPO in my config. No amount of adding repository.json is helping to solve my issue. Is it possible to truly remove an entire repo via SSH?

I’ve attempted removing the directories inside “/usr/share/hassio/addons/git.” as well as removing the repo URLs from “/usr/share/hassio/addons.json”, and after reboot it all comes right back.

I am running into issues with the addon store as well, here is the bug on github. It is closed as it said the fix would be released but looks like others are still having the same error: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/23389

I’m running on ubuntu and all these fixes are not working for me. I m using only the official REPO, btw the directory of the official REPO is rebuild at any reboot in my case is located here:

root@alexchini:/usr/share/hassio/addons/git# ls -l
totale 8
drwxr-xr-x 44 root root 4096 mag 17 05:25 a0d7b954
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 mag 16 17:23 c0301b5e

The first one contain all the add-ons, and in the repository.json there is only the https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository configured.

The second directory contains only .yaml theme files without the repository.json if i made one manualy file after the reboot is gone, and naturally i stll have the pita error.

I was having the same issue with different repository, not ESPHome, but that was my mistake, I added a repository which didn’t have the repository.json file - this shouldn’t be added by Hassio, there should be some check for this, but it happened. So I combined steps from @robotron and @Luca - all credits and my huge thanks goes to them!

If you need to remove a broken repository at Hass.io running at Raspberry Pi:

then

Thanks again both :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a problem it seems… How do I install the HassIO Debug addon when I cannot access the addon page :stuck_out_tongue:?

Downgrade?

At the end it worked also for me following the last post of palito, don’t know why the first time i did it didnt woked. Thanks to all for the help

Just wanted to report that migrating to the new esphome is super simple. You dont even have to backup any config files, as the deinstallation of the old esphome does not remove the config files (better do a backup anyway).

All my configs were recognized and i was asked to update my ESPs.

1 Like

Bam, you are the man!

There is no debug addon. Debug access is an ssh connection to the host os which you set up. This is not the same as the ssh addon. https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/hassio_debugging.html

This worked for me, but rather than ssh in to the hassio_supervisor Docker image, I used the Console for it in Portainer.io

What login account and password is used here? I login to SSH OK but cannot get past this second login - whatever I try fails.Is it the same login or a different one?

Thanks.

Type the word login

Thank you, @anon34565116 - do I then not need to provide user credentials or is it just just login followed by cd.. ?

I’m getting prompted for a password at this point and have tried all the passwords I expect it could use. None work so I’m clearly doing something wrong :frowning:

hass

(edited to add screenshot and a bit more text)

Going from memory here.
user root with no password?

Tried that but no luck. Is this logging in to the underlying pi operating system or something else?

Sorry, I’m way out of my depth here so probably asking stupid questions!