Add ons not working properly after snapshot restore

I had the same issue, but hard reset (unplugging RPi from power) did the trick! Hopefully this will help others.

5 Likes

Great many thanks. Exactly this solution is working!!. How easy :slightly_smiling_face:

I had the same issue upgrading from pi3 to x86 (both hass os). Add-ons displayed as not started despite supervisor logs showing a lot of “XXX already started!” warnings. Did a partial restore (add-ons only) from the same snapshot used for the initial restore followed by a host reboot and everything is working now. I’m not sure if the partial restore was necessary. Thanks to this thread to help me resolve w/o rebuilding from scratch!

I had the same problem, that after the snapshot restore the addons no longer worked. For me, the solution was quite simple.
I restarted the host, after everything had booted up I only restarted the Pi via “Restart”, then everything worked again.
Homematic also found the devices again.

System Respberry Pi 3, second system Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB

2 Likes

++ migrated to a new eMMC Module this morning and the hard reboot (and some patience) resulted in not having to do anything crazy

1 Like

Migrated from HAOS VM to Pi 4 - hard reboot solved the issue. Migrated HACS as well.

2 Likes

Hard reboot solved the issue in 2022.9.5. I had to restore from a snapshot and the add ons couldn’t be started. Thanks!

4 Likes

For anyone that cannot find the hard reboot, its under Settings > System > Hardware > 3 dots at the top > Reboot Host

(Restart from the Developer options page did not fix the add-ons not starting, Reboot Host did)

This resolved the Add-ons not starting after restore. Many thanks for all of the suggestions!!

Not sure why this option is hidden under 2000 clicks, took me 10 minutes to find a simple reboot, but there we are, better option to just tanking the power to RPi.

4 Likes

Thank you!
I just restored from backup and had the add on issue. Power cycling fixed it.

Z wave network is incredibly slow but I am hoping a heal + waiting overnight will improve things

Absolutely, it worked for me. :slight_smile:

Can confirm, was in the same boat.
Migrated from RPi3 to RPi4 and did a full restore - add ons showed they were working in the logs but would not actually turn on.

Instead of wiping everything and going through the restore process with partial backups, I just did a hard restart (not through UI) and everything was back!

Thanks for the great advice everyone who suggested it!

When in doubt… Turn it off and back on again…

1 Like

Thank you very much, this helped me a lot!

This worked for me too. Thanks.

Simply reboot the os solve the problem

This worked for me too. Obviously there is some difference between a soft restart and a complete hardware restart.

Restart only restarts the HA container.

Host reboot pulls everything down, reboots and loads everything up.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for making that distinction clear.

I eneded up here because I googled “home assistant restore addons greyed out”

Even with the latest 2022.12.0 this is still an issue

I went from Pi4 to a NUC - a hard reboot cured most of the issue but the File Editor and Home Assistant Google drive backup were still grey and the HACS icon was missing

I removed File Editor and added Studio code server and all returned to normal

worked for me. Thanks a lot :grinning:

worked for me like a charm, thanks!!