Add ons not working properly after snapshot restore

I restored from backup with the same issue – and the same solution worked fine: shutting down the Lenovo laptop and removing the battery did the trick. Regular shut down did not work.

Running as an ESXi 7 VM and same issue as above. Powering down the VM’s, going into Maintenance Mode, restarting server, exit MM, restarting VM’s worked for me.

Rebooting did the trick for me, too!

After a full backup restore all of my addons are grayed out and on the addon pages there’s a “start” button, but from their logs they seem to all be running fine. A reboot fixed the issue.

Has a GitHub issue been created for this? I’d be happy to create one.

I experienced the same issue yesterday. After running out of space I’ve prepared a new SD card and exchanged it. After booting up and doing the first initial setup and successful login to the dashboard I went to Settings in order to restore the Backup.

And then exactly I came across the issue of greyed out addons which would not start.
I figured out that the homeassistant got a different IP, even if a static DHCP assignment was set on the router.
So I have adapted the config on the router, so that the “homeassistant” hostname points to the new IP address and all the Addons worked again.

This do help me a lot. Finally get out the problem!!

Legendary, thank you for that.

Fix my problem with add-ons not starting after restoring from backup.

Thank you. Saved me alot of work :slight_smile:

Indeed, After rebooting the “right way”, Add-ons worked again:

6 Likes

Thanks this works!

Same here. Hard reboot helped with that. Thanks!

Hi all, i moved from a Pi to Synology - after doing the resore, i re-started the Pi - backed up the Add ons, shut down the Pi - re-started the VM on the synology and restored the add ons only - worked fine.

I had the exact same issue and it was fixed by the advice of kennethpangky. A restart does not work but shutting down, unplugging and booting back up fixed everything.

Just noticed that the ha supervisor CLI tool has a repair command. Has anyone given this a shot to see if it fixes things?

Tested. Did not do anything for me.

Well.
I tested installing Add-Ons before restoring, did not help for me.
Also tried ha supervisor repair, successfull output but did not help.

However, after some time and multiple shutdown-turn-on half of the addons was colored and working, after one more restart all of them was ok.

Maybe just time is needed?

2 Likes

Complete Shutdown worked 100%

In July 2023 this is still a problem. My Pi3B did not survive an upgrade because of corrupt SD card. I recovered the full backup onto newly flashed SD card and my add-ons refused to load even when tried starting them manually (i.e. File Editor). Others like ESPHome semi-worked until I tried upgading them, then stopped working completely.

I tried Shutdown option, unplug power, boot again and it worked.

This is a very late response, but thanks to all of you guys, I ran in this issue yesterday and after trying everything found this post, I could fixed my HA already. I’m very thankful

System restart worked for me as well. But it is important not only to restart Home Assistant but the whole system. Then it worked again.

Same issue: add-ons greyed out. Hard restart (power-down) worked for me.
Home Assitant Core version: pre migration 2023.8.3, after 2023.9.1

1 Like