Add Samsung Smart Tag support to SmartThings integration

Just got my Samsung Smart Tag

Added it to the SmartThings app and I can see it in HA but looks like it cannot be used and is probably unknown.
Is someone working on adding support in the future?

It also has a button on it which can be used as press/hold so if we can access to that via events in HA, it can be quite useful for automations (i.e. open/close the gates)

I added it too and i have the same result: device unknown.
I would like to use it also as a device tracker inside home assistant in order to trigger the home/not home states (like ST does).
Thanks for your support
Marco

I’m having the exact same issue.
Annoyingly you can only set up the button in Smart Things so not really useful at this moment.

Hello,

It happens the same to me, I found a workaround to interact with it.
I configured notification message on smarttag (smartThings). When I click the button, it triggers a notification to phone.
Then I create an automation script which reads las notifications from my phone, and in case it’s the one sent by smarttag, I call service.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

3 Likes

I will wait any integration too!

1 Like

Any news about this integration? Anybody can do it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is interesting…

Do you have a visual example you can share?
I have the HA App, but do have issues reading the notifications from my Android.

Hi, of course.

First of all configure SmartTag in SmartThings app.

I created an action for single Smarttag button press which Sends notification with text like ‘Switch On’. (I created also for long pulsation, another message, like switch Off).

This will send text notifications to your phone when Smartag button is pressed.

Having your phone included as device in Home Assistant, you can read last notification.

I created automation script which links last phone notification with HA alarm panel activation.

See switch on automation example. (You need to change notification text and also include alarm code to switch on alarm)

alias: Smartag-Activar alarma
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: **sensor.sm_g991b_ultima_notificacion**
    to: Encender alarma
condition: []
action:
  - service: telegram_bot.send_message
    data:
      message: 'Tag-Activando alarma  {{ states(''sensor.date_time'') }}'
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away
    data:
      code: '****'
    target:
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house_alarm
  - service: notify.notify
    data:
      title: Tag-Alarma
mode: single

And another script to switch off alarm:

alias: 'Smartag-Desactivar alarma '
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.sm_g991b_ultima_notificacion
    to: Apagar alarma
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: group.***
    state: home
action:
  - service: telegram_bot.send_message
    data:
      message: 'Tag-Apagando alarma  {{ states(''sensor.date_time'') }}'
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
    data:
      code: '****'
    target:
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house_alarm
mode: single

I also included some additional conditions to make this more secure, based on GPS/presence, to avoid alarm disarm in case someone stole my smartTag.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to some clever people on working out proper integration. Maybe a blueprint too would be useful!

As the owner of some SmartTags, including the new plus version, it would be great to have this. Is it being actively worked on?

Anyone know if device_tracker / location has been added for this SmartTag in HA?

2 Likes

Has anything new?

exact same here…

Hi all,

Im also really hoping for this beeing picked up by someone. I use smarttag on my dogs collar to track it, if it were to run away. :slight_smile: Anyway, it would be really great to use the information in automations beyond just that. I want to control lights, cameras/alarms, robottic vacuum and robottic lawnmower scedules based on where my do is. (Home/Away, but even also Inside or in the garden.)

Would love to see this integrated.

Anything new?

Hey,

Although it’s not the best, I’ve got a workaround which is quite reliable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems the Samsung SmartTag is not currently supported in the SmartThings API, here are a few posts about it. Optimistically The SmartTag may be supported in Home Assistant once it’s implemented in SmartThings API

2 Likes

Does anyone knows if this was resolved?

2 Likes

Man, was soo hoping that I could add a “map” card with my new smarttags. Going on a trip and wanted to track the bags in one UI. Button press would be amazing too. Maybe as a whole home “lock” “unlock” feature. Guess I’ll patiently wait.

1 Like