Add support for Beko/Grundig/Arcelik smart devices

Hi everyone, I’ve got a Beko washing machine in my flat (ewtv6636xaw), which supports starting the washing process and monitoring the status with a HomeWhiz app via Bluetooth. Apparently it’s a common app for all brands owned by Arcelik, like Grundig. I would like to add it to HA in order to monitor the washing process on the status board, I could additionally monitor how often I turn on the washing machine and create some other stats. Could someone take a look into if that is possible? Thanks

+1 for this

agree… would not be bad to have this function… +1

+1! Looking at buying a Beko WEX94064E0W and would love integration

I love too this integration for control my Beko WTA 8612 XW DR washing machine. Thanks

Has integration already been added?

Any new on this for BEKO - HomeWhiz ??

Best Regards

Any update or possibility?

There must be a solution with the bluetooth

Any update or possibility?

I have connected my Beko air conditioner via Tuya integration and it works great so far.

Can you tell me how you did it?

I just followed the instructions from the link below:

I assume you need the Tuya Home Hub for this?

+1 for native bluetooth integration

Hi guys,
I created a native bluetooth HomeWhiz devices integration:

This is my first integration, so every suggestion is welcome.
I’ve implemented only basic support for simple Washing Machines because that’s what I needed myself. If there’s demand I can add more functionality in the future

3 Likes

Thank you! I was waiting for this! Unfortunately it does not work yet, no device is added.
I installed the repository in HACS, rebooted HA. I installed the HomeWhiz app on my phone and connected to my Washing machine. Connection was ok, I can see it online. I closed the app and then added the HomeWhiz integration. An empty popup appears, with only a submit button. When I click it, it spins the circle a few seconds, and I can click ‘Ok’ but no text appears. No new device or integration is added.

Question: How does HA connects to the washing machine, through the new bluetooth integration? Or should I add the integration from my phone where HomeWhiz is installed? (Does it take information from my phone?)

Thank you for your time and plugin, I hope to get it working soon!

works good, have also the empty box and after accept I was able to choose the washing mashine.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what hardware is required? My washing machine is too far away from my Home Assistant machine, so I think I need some kind of bridge or hub. Maybe on an esp32 device? I see there is an esphome project for BLE, so I’m wondering if the work that is done in this plugin could be converted to a standalone BLE esphome device that has these sensors. I don’t have much experience with bluetooth, but by looking at the code it seems that messages at a certain address contain the sensor information?

Anyways, I cannot find any information on the hardware you used when you created this plugin.

Appreciate the work though. Nice to see that this issue is request is picked up by developers.

@Whatsek
The integration is communicating with the device directly via bluetooth. It looks for devices with name starting with “HwZ*”. You can enable debug logs in HA to get more info, but I suspect, that the problem is reception. For me, the max distance is like 10m and walls seem to have a huge impact on range. When I tested the integration on my MacBook sometimes I had to lift it up over my head to get a connection.

@rolandow
Only the washing machine and a bluetooth adapter are required :slight_smile:. I’m using Raspberry Pi 4 B with bluetooth built-in. As for the ESP-32, you can try using BLE Client — ESPHome. You can extract all of the addresses from my code. There’s no authentication to worry about. The only tricky stuff is that every message comes in two consecutive BLE notifications which have to be stitched together. Fortunately, the first notification contains most of the useful stuff like temperature, state, and substate.

If you have something working don’t forget to share with others :slight_smile:

1 Like