Add support for Beko/Grundig/Arcelik smart devices

Thank you!, will check the range, it is only 7 meters, but indeed with 2 walls in between. Maybe will try an esp32 BT receiver with it when I have time…

@rolandow, @Whatsek The new HA version added Bluetooth proxies, this may be interesting for you. Home Assistant Bluetooth Proxy - How To | digiblurDIY

I just read the changelog, and thought exactly the same!

It works - thanks :slight_smile:

How do you connect the conditioner to app? which app?

Using it through an ESP Proxy, works fine! I even have a ‘time remaining’ counter and an instant alert when the washing machine is ready. Really cool addon! Thanks!

2 Likes

Great to hear that, thanks!

Ok, I got this working for an hour or something, but now all the sensors are unvailable.

I used this esp32 previously to try ESPresence, and to my surprise, home assistant still thinks this device has ESPresence entities. The device info shows “bluetooth-proxy by esphome” though. Isn’t that weird? Update: I selected “remove from MQTT” for this device, which made all the ESPrecense items go away.

Second, I thought that bluetooth devices create some kind of connection between them and your phone; this is why you need to “pair”. So after connecting the HomeWhiz app on my phone to the washing machine, they are paired up, right? So how does this bluetooth proxy know how to pair with the washing machine? Or is the HomeWhiz integration using my phone and the cloud to read sensor data? I’m a bit confused here. How does HomeWhiz know that it should be using the bluetooth proxy integration?

I think I got it running again.

One point of improvement; the sensors are named like “sensor.state”, which is quite abstract imho. I’d rather see it prefixed with a device id, or brand id, or whatever, just to make it easier to identify this as the sensor of my washing machine.

Other than that I’m really happy with all the sensors I got now. Thanks a lot!

Sensors became unavailable again. I had to reload the bluetooth-proxy integration to get them back. Any idea what might be causing this?

I also have this problem now, I restart HA to fix it, but next time I will try to reload just the esp proxy to test!

I just found this post, so I will flash it with a serial connection again:

Second time, reloading the integrations didn’t work at all. So I tried restarting home assistant, and it’s back again now. I will try to re-install the bluetooth proxy as well.

Unrelated thing is that this happens to my LG television integration as well: after a while the device becomes unavailable until I restart Home Assistant. So I am starting to think this might be a higher level problem?

I upgraded the bluetooth proxy on my esp32 device to version Firmware: 2022.12.0b5 (Dec 13 2022, 06:54:18), but the entities are still becoming unavailable. Restarting home assistant would make them available again.

Same here, with the latest clean install of an esphome proxy install, unfortunately.

Is it supporting homewhiz Wi-Fi devices?

Bluetooth isn’t really something I would ever consider for something to be permanently connected

For me it stops working after around 12 hours.
I am using RPi 4B and its integrated BT.

Other BT devices are working constantly but this integration elementrs goes “Unavailable” after around 12 hours after connection. Reloading integration, restarting HA and restarting host does not help at all.

Only solution for me is to remove integration, remove device from HomeWhiz and add it from a scratch but it does not make sense to make it every day.

@rowysock, any idea, support for it?

EDIT:
Yesterday I have found out that thre is other workaround: unplug washing machine for about 10s from power and plug it back. After that, all entities are back in HA.

But thats just workaround and doing it everytime is quite not something that how it should work I think.

1 Like