Add support for Hubspace by Afero

Hi I am a newbie. I’ve added hubspace through HACS and the needed lines in the config.yaml file, but the entity is not in the entities list and couldn’t find it anywhere in the Home Assistant. I could access the device through the Hubspace app in my phone. What is that I am missing here? The device is a 15A smart plug. It works fine in the app.
Core : 2023.11.2
Supervisor: 2023.11.2
Operating System : 11.1
Frontend: 201231030.2

I bought a power strip from Home Depot the other day. I have installed the repo on hacs and that is all so far as when I go to use the integration I get an error. How do i get the power strip to integrate?

@HANewBie1 . If it is a supported device (which I think it is) it should be called light.X where X is what you named it in the hubspace app.

@Robert_Shed . If your device is not supported yet, (which I do not think it is), submit an issue on the github and with the output from TestHubspace.py. There are some directions in the readme.

Thank you @jaaem, you are correct it is supported, but I searched with all words including light and the name I have it in the hubspace app, but couldn’t find it. Would any log help? If so, where I could find it if I enable debug?

First, try to setup the YAML to specify the friendlyname. Perhaps the autoscan does not pick it up (I did not write that, so not exactly sure how it works!). PM me logs, as could have personal info. Directions to enable debug is in the Troubleshooting section in the github readme.

Thank you, @jaaem. I went and changed names in the App and copied and pasted it in the .yaml file and now it shows up in the entity list. Also, I updated the app. Not sure what fixed it. Thanks for your time.

Hi @jaaem, another thing (not a big issue): on clicking the button in Home Assistant, it turns ON, but then it comes back to off. When I do the same thing a second time, it stays in the ON position. It happens for the OFF position; it comes back to the ON state the first time but stays in OFF when I do it the second time. Is it a bug, or anything need to be added to fix this?

No, it is just how it works. I need someone to figure out how to fix the sync issue. You just need to leave it alone for 30-60 seconds and the UI will sync up.

Great, thanks

So I just followed the instructions at GitHub. Very easy and clear.

• I added HubSpace support via HACS
  • I modified the code for configuration.yaml as follows:

light:

• platform: hubspace
    username: MyUsername
    password: MyPass
    debug: false
    friendlynames:
    • ‘PantryLight’
      roomnames:
    • ‘Kitchen’

So now my question is…what do I do next?
I don’t see PantryLight anywhere among my devices.
Nor do I see “Hubspace” anywhere in Integrations.
Thanks.
-M

From readme: If detected, your light will show up as a HomeAssistant Entity (not a Device) named light.<friendlyname> i.e. light.boyslight .

If PantryLight is in the hubspace “Kitchen” room, you do not need to list both. Also you can try without specifying any friendlynames or roomnames, and hopefully the logic will find the light anyways.

I’m wondering if support could be added for the following devices.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-Smart-Outdoor-4-ft-6-Outlet-Power-Stake-Powered-by-Hubspace-LH-7-1-4FT/324832048 - Model#: LH-7-1-4FT

The other devices I don’t think they sell anymore, or updated it to a 2 outlet version over a single outlet. Ebay link as it’s the closest I could find: Smart Outdoor Single Outlet Plug Wi-Fi Bluetooth HubSpace 15AMP 120 Watts | eBay. It’s the same model number (HPPA52CWB) as the one referenced in the Readme file, but I cannot figure out why it’s not showing up.

I believe the yard stake is supported, but perhaps something changed in the API causing issues. Please follow the directions in the readme for a new model. https://github.com/jdeath/Hubspace-Homeassistant/tree/main#support-for-a-new-model

Any tips, tricks, or how to run this script? I’m used to various Linux ways to run python scripts, but this one is eluding me greatly. Tried (and trying) to run it with pyscript, but that another issue getting it to load I won’t get in to here. Please and thank you. :slight_smile:

Never heard of pyscript. You can do it right in home assistant
Install the Advanced SSH & Web Terminal addon if you have not already
Start a terminal session from your homeassistant and go to homeassistant directory (used to be called config)
cd homeassistant
download the file:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jdeath/Hubspace-Homeassistant/main/TestHubspace.py
install requests module:
pip install requests
run script:
python TestHubspace.py

1 Like

I can’t find this in HACS. I checked HACS → Integrations (and HACS → Frontend to be safe) and it doesn’t pop up. I searched Hubspace, Hub, Afero, Jdeath…nothing. there something I have to enable or update in order to find it? I’m running the latest version of HA.

I even checked the official Add-ons and Integrations sections, too, for the sake of being thorough.

You need to manually install the Hubspace repo into HACS. The readme should have enough information to get started: https://github.com/jdeath/Hubspace-Homeassistant

1 Like

I figured it out. Apparently my HA VM on Unraid was not installed properly. I’ve since moved it to an RPI4 and was able to run the script. Output was saved and I’ve created a github issues now. Assuming I did that right. Tinkering late at night is not advised. :upside_down_face:

Thank you! Not sure how I missed that the first several times I read through it… :man_facepalming:

Hello, I created a group in the Hubspace mobile app to control my four lights as a group. How do I define this so that it can be a discovered entity in HA (currently only my 4 individual lights show up). My goal is to address the lights as a group and also be able to use preset color sequence schemes defined in the app in my HA scripts. Thank you.