Add support for Levoit Classic 300S Smart Ultrasonic Top-Fill Cool Mist Humidifier in the VeSync integration

I can confirm, I have the same problem as you. I followed this whole topic. Also tried debugging from pyvesync. Same results. Also LUH-D301S-WEU.

2 Likes

Let’s hope it will be added to pyvesync shortly, so we could add it here too.

2 Likes

They added today!

I see they added description, but no new release yet…
Without new release (like, version change to 1.4.3) pip and HA won’t be able to update library with new code, so it won’t work.
We had similar issues before:)

So let’s wait for new release number.

Works like a charm, thanks for your work.

1 Like

Hello,

After hours of trying to get this to work, I finally have the vesync_formatbce integration in my list. However, the integration is not finding my two devices, or any entities listed under the integration (neither did the built in vesync integration find any).

The only issue I can think of that may be causing the problem is that I have a Plasma Pro 400s, which is identical to the Core 400s, except that the Plasma Pro has an ionization feature. The manufacturer (Levoit) was contacted and stated this fact.

Is it possible that the name of the Plasma Pro is different from the Core when it reports the name to the API and is preventing the integration from finding the devices? I have two Plasma Pro’s on my account, and neither is showing in the integration.

If this is the case, can the name of the Plasma Pro be added to the integration? I’m not even sure how to find the name that is reported to the API.

Thank you for all your help!!

Hey!

Yes, AFAIK, this device is not yet supported by pyvesync library. You may ask in their GitHub to add it (you’ll need device name) - developer is really responsive guy.
It also, however, may happen, that despite device features are identical, it is using different API. For now, as I know, there’s two different API services available for Levoit. If so, pyvesync development will take more time and effort…

Anyway, integration into HA is possible only after there’s new version of pyvesync with device support. Unfortunately, there’s no other way.

Cheers!

Thank you for the information and the lightning-fast reply!! HA would be too complicated without people like you!!

Thanks for kind words!

P.S.
You’ve created issue in HA integration repo. My bad, I didn’t post the link to library.
Did it there, duplicating here:

:wink:

Thank you very much for this integration! I got it to work without any effort (Levoit Classic 300s)
I am curious if it is possible to show the current humidity (so not the one that it is set to reach, but the one that it is right now (live).

Is this possible? The unit is showing it and the app is showing it, so the data must be there?
Maybe I am missing an entity?

I hope someone can help me out :slight_smile:

Hi!
Thanks for kind words! :slight_smile:

On humidity: HA humidifier entity supports only one value, so I exposed that one in order to be able to actually set it from interface.

Current humidity, however, is accessible via entity attributes (you may check them in Dev Tools - States menu, search for humidifier there).
If you want it as separate entity, you’ll have to create template sensor, based on that attribute.
Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! I got it to work now. What you wrote was something I didnt know I could do. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Glad I was able to help :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m able to get my 300S picked up in HA but the LV600 and LV600S do not - is it as simple as adding the additional models into the code or would there be more to it?

EDIT: Just noted your dependency on pyvesync, looks like support for the 600 series humidifiers should be available soon: https://github.com/webdjoe/pyvesync/pull/112

Yes, once it’s there, we can go with this integration.

How Can add this integration?

Like this.

Hi again!!

I was in contact with the pyvesync developer and he provided a branch for me to test. I have no idea on how to integrate the branch in to HA. This is the link ( Levoit Plasma Pro 400S ¡ Issue #115 ¡ webdjoe/pyvesync ¡ GitHub )
where I asked the developer for help, but I stuck on how to use the branch in Home Assistant. Thanks for your help!!

Hi!
You cannot include that code into HA, unless it will be released with new pyvesync version.

You will have to test your device manually, with console pyvesync version.

Please refer to pyvesync README, how to do it.

I feel really stupid but is there a guid that could step me through the process. I would love to test devices but I really dont know were to start. I thought it was as simple as finding the device code and adding the devise to the main code. If you could point me in the right direction, It would be so helpful. Thanks!!