Add support for Levoit Classic 300S Smart Ultrasonic Top-Fill Cool Mist Humidifier in the VeSync integration

Oh, I didn’t pay attention, that you have separate branch…
That would mean, you can’t just install pyvesync and play with it.
You will have to install it manually at your PC/Mac.

Install Python first, and try to make “pip install pyvesync” from ready-to-use release. Then get yourself familiar with its usage (follow guides in pyvesync repo).
After that you’ll have to download code from that branch, unzip it and run setup.py, as far as I can tell.
Then you will have that version installed on your computer, and will be able to test, if it works with your device.

It’s pretty hard, I believe, but doable.

Is it possible to remove the 5% delay?

@formatBCE I have a Dual200s which if I have read this thread correctly, is not yet supported by the core Integration. I have therefore downloaded your integration into custom_components and restarted HA, but it is not finding the unit. Have I missed a step?

Just a blank box on the integrations page.

Thank you!!! I also had a hard time finding BCE, just refresh the browser page!

@formatBCE hi, i have version LAP-C401S-WAAA (sea/apac version of Core400S), I added this into DEV_TYPE_TO_HA and PRESET_MODES part of fan.py, but after integration my device still not discovered. am i doing it wrong?

Please read this thread carefully.

It indicates, that this model isn’t supported by pyvesync library, most probably.

Added the vesync_formatbce to custom_components but don’t see it pop up trying to add integrations.
Am I doing something wrong ?

I see it being loaded … but still doesn’t pop up when trying to add :frowning:

2022-03-28 19:21:07 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration vesync_formatbce which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

Hi!
Please try to clear cookies/force reload/use other browser.

Integration appearance in the list isn’t the topic of this thread. :slight_smile:

Ok, Found it and added it, but now it doesn’t show my Levoit LV600S :frowning: , and it seems supported by the library.

It’s not supported by this integration, unfortunately.
Right now I have lack of time for adding new devices.
If you have time to check it’s work with pyvesync to be sure, you can add it by yourself by modifying humidifier.py and fan.py files.

Or you can wait for war in Ukraine to end - I will do it.

1 Like

Any way i can enable debug so i can search through the logs ?

You cannot do it via Home Assistant. If it’s not supported by integration, you won’t see any logs.

To check working with pyvesync, please refer to pyvesync library Git README.

There is a PR running that will hopefully mean that the HA integration will support any device defined in the pyvesync library. Title of the PR is a little misleading…

Doesn’t quite do it yet and there are a few other wrinkles to fix.

1 Like

Hopefully. VeSync integration is way outdated.

1 Like

I have created a new topic for a test repo I have created. VeSync development particularly for Levoit Humdifiers

Hey,

I’ll bring my own contribution to the subject. I made a HACS installable version of @baz123’s repo. I also started a bit of refactoring and cleaning up. Don’t hesitate to try it out and report problems. I only own the Dual 200S humidifier, so I can’t really do much on my own for other devices.
Cheers

NB: This has the same domain as the core integration for vesync on purpose to override it. Don’t install it if you rely on core capabilities that aren’t present in the custom one. Open an issue, I’ll try to add it.

2 Likes

There shouldn’t be anything in this that isn’t in core as it started from core.

Again, learn something new - you can override the core component :slight_smile:.

yes, just expose the same domain and custom component takes precedence.

1 Like

@formatBCE for the past few days, my humidifiers are becoming unavailable every few hours. I am able to get them back only by manually reinstalling the integration and restarting HA. That works for a few hours, and then repeat… Are you seeing this elsewhere? Any ideas?

Hi!
Nope, stable for me…
Any logs in HA?