Add support for Levoit Core 300S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier in the VeSync integration

I have 3 of these Air Purifiers and the integration is seeing them, just not understanding the type. I would appreciate if they could be added.

Logger: homeassistant.components.vesync.fan
Source: components/vesync/fan.py:57

• Air Purifier Family Room - Unknown device type - Core300S
  • Air Purifier Second Bedroom - Unknown device type - Core300S
  • Air Purifier Master Bedroom - Unknown device type - Core300S

If this could be added that would be amazing. I have a core 300s and want to get a few more but really want the home assistant control.

I really appreciate the person who added the support for this device in 2022.2!

I have been testing it for a couple of days and it looks good.

Here are some buttons to activate the modes.

- type: horizontal-stack
          cards:
            - type: custom:button-card
              icon: mdi:fan-speed-1
              size: 30%
              tap_action:
                action: call-service
                service: fan.set_percentage
                service_data:
                  percentage: 33
                  entity_id: fan.air_purifier_family_room
              icon: mdi:fan-speed-2
              tap_action:
                service_data:
                  percentage: 66
              icon: mdi:fan-speed-3
              tap_action:
                service_data:
                  percentage: 100
              icon: mdi:fan-auto
              tap_action:
                service: fan.set_preset_mode
                service_data:
                  preset_mode: auto
              icon: mdi:sleep
              tap_action:
                service: fan.set_preset_mode
                service_data:
                  preset_mode: sleep
              icon: mdi:fan-off
              tap_action:
                service_data:
                  percentage: 0
3 Likes

Here are some sensors to pick up the filter life and air quality metric.

- name: "Family Room Air Quality"
      device_class: pm25
      state: "{{ state_attr('fan.air_purifier_family_room', 'air_quality') }}"

- name: "Air Purifier Family Room Filter Life"
      device_class: battery
      state: "{{ state_attr('fan.air_purifier_family_room', 'filter_life') }}"

3 Likes

I’m working on updating this integration (on the shoulders of others). I think adding in an air quality and filter life sensor would make sense (rather than pulling this from an attribute).

I have a test repo and created a new topic. VeSync development particularly for Levoit Humdifiers

3 Likes

I just recently bought a 300s and I added it to HA. I’m pretty new to this, so I was wondering if someone could help me add these features stated here. I have no idea where to put this code you wrote here. I think I know where it could go, but I get errors when doing that.

What I have done so far is add the service and then clicked ’ add to lovelace’. It created a small card in my overview page with one entity called ‘fan.levoit_300s’. When I edit this card, I can go to ‘show code editor’ and there I see a few lines of code:

I have tried to put in the code by coying it in and replaced the entity-id with mine, but that doesn’t work.

Hoping someone could help out a newbie :slight_smile:

Any possibility of adding support for the Core 200s? All I see is the Filter life. Would be nice to have control as well. I don’t think the core 200s has the air quality (at least not in the app), but if it’s there, would ben nice to have as well. I can supply any request data if someone lets me know how :slight_smile:

Thanks

Nevermind. Apparently I was not patient enough. The fan showed up a few minutes later…LOL

1 Like

Is it possible to switch this on in auto mode or set it to auto? Currently, I’m able to switch it on, but it sets the fan to medium each time.

In an automation, you can create the action to turn on the Air Purifier then there is a service to Fan: Set Preset mode to auto.

A little annoying as when it’s triggered, you may hear the air purifier fire on then lower itself as it adjusts to auto.

Thank you! I got it working. I’m pretty new to all this and didn’t know about services. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hi guys. I recently bought a Levoit Smart Air Purifier 300s. 4 days into home assistant and I’ve gotten everything in my room synced up except this.

I’ve downloaded the official integration, however my purifier does not show up. It’s already linked to my VeSync account and I see the purifier there. I’ve also tried uninstalling the official integration, and downloading the custom vesync integration instead. No dice.

I’ve tried calling the service VeSync: Update devices from Developer Tools and yet still no device showing up.

Very new to HA, would appreciate any help! Also unsure of what details to add regarding my build, but I am on Home Assistant OS on a RPi4

The official integration is yet to be updated (probably needs one of the devs to buy one). Until then, this should work GitHub - vlebourl/custom_vesync: Custom VeSync component for Home Assistant

I’ve tried the custom vesync component and yet device still cant be detected unfortunately. Really stumped here! Anybody have the same experience with their Levoit Core 300s HEPA Air Purifier?

I suggest you raise an issue on the GitHub repo I suggested above.

300S should be fine, but it is possible Levoit changed the model number so it isn’t picking it up correctly.

will do, thank you!

Is there any workaround to the fan ramping up when it’s turned on by HA?