Add Support for Smart Life Components

Hey,

I bought this switch:

It works really nice, but:
I want to use the 2. way of the switch just as a remote wifi button to switch a light on and off (only one light circuit is available in the wall). Therefore I want to use scenes for the 2. way. But scenes are obviously only available for one way of the switch:

Has anyone noticed the same and has a solution for this problem?
Thanks in advance

Jan

1 Like

could be that after registering the same switch with this system but with different names HA recognized both names? like they are registered in my tuya account?

Thanks for the nice work

HA 0.74.0 added Tuya component. Does this mean we can now direcly control Smartlife and Tuya devices in HA?

New Platforms
Added support for Duke Energy smart meters (@w1ll1am23 - #15165) (sensor.duke_energy docs) (new-platform)
Added Push Camera (@dgomes - #15151) (camera.push docs) (new-platform)
Add Cloudflare DNS component. (@ludeeus - #15388) (cloudflare docs) (new-platform)
Add Tuya component and switch support (@huangyupeng - #15399) (tuya docs) (switch.tuya docs) (new-platform)
Add HomematicIP alarm control panel (@mxworm - #15342) (alarm_control_panel docs) (homematicip_cloud docs) (alarm_control_panel.homematicip_cloud docs) (new-platform)
Add Tuya light platform (@huangyupeng - #15444) (tuya docs) (light.tuya docs) (new-platform)

I don’t know, what does the documentation say?

It’ll still be cloud based anyway, who wants that?

Tuya and Smartlife apps work on same items. So I believe smart life items will work with this component. There are some who would still OK with cloud rather than throwing them in the bin. There are times when HA also crash and not working as expected so having HA and App control, Google home voice control for same item is kind of OK.

I am unable to check it for now as I have removed my bulbs and using Hue lights only for I could not get Smartlife bulbs working for me with HA. So just checking if anyone had tried it before I spend more hours on this

1 Like

The answer is YES …you can now use Smart Life devices with 0.74.x +. You need to use the Tuya app on your smart phone to add the device, then use HA to import the devices. Should discover automatically once you add the devices to the Tuya app

I have 3 Covers with devices compatible with Tuya / Smart Devices
Can you make it work with new component?

Does the power monitoring work on the power monitor plugs?

I have only worked with the bulbs so I can:t answer this, but if you already have the plug, you should give it a go.

just purchased some sockets and the on and off worked straight off.
But no monitoring available yet, where would i look to try and work out the monitoring?
(Smart Life android app has monitoring working fine)

another vote for Smart Life

Already added by way of the Tuya component.

Yes sorry. i realized too late… had voted already :slight_smile: and waiting for my raspberry to arrive to install Home Assistant…

Can’t topics like these that have already been implemented not be closed?

It’s really not closed. As of now, as far as I know, only switches and sockets with tuya/smart-life work with HA.

Although the sockets work for on/off toggle the implemention does not cover the monitoring for those sockets yet. (Which is why i bought sockets with monitoring in the first place)

Hello! Seems that the link http://seandev.org/tuyainst/ is not working anymore(((

if home assistant support now Smart life (RGB Plug in) ?

Is it correct?

tuya:
  username: 00000000
  password: XXXXXX
  country_code: 32
  platform: smart_life

that is how mine looks with my switches.
Just wanting monitoring to be supported though.