Add Support for Smart Life Components

Hello I just received some of these Oittm Touch Light Switches from amazon and after installing I’m trying to get them to work with HA. So far I’ve realized that they work off of the Smart Life API and have them working with HA by using the light switches through IFTTT.

Obviously this solution has it’s downsides seeing as how it takes IFTTT upwards to five seconds to turn the lights on or off.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get these to work with HA without having to use IFTTT or build a component for these devices?
I’ve noticed that most of the cheaper WI-FI light switches on Amazon all use Smart Life for their API so I figure this could be useful for a lot of people who are building their Home Automation on a budget

I hope you get somewhere, I do not have the Oittm touch light switches, but am using a generic wifi outlet that works with the smart life app. I’ll do my best to dig around and try to come up with something. If I get anywhere I’ll report back here

1 Like

I also have an outlet switch that works with Smart Life that I purchased from Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071L1CXKV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

This is the only device I own that is not recognized by home assistant.

1 Like

Likewise lol. It’s kinda annoying only having one set of lights that turn on five seconds after all of the others haha. ifttt is the only thing i can think of to use

1 Like

Have you made any progress with SmartLife integration in HA? What seem apparent is that both Amazon Alexa and mobile SmartLife apps (android and IOS) have access to the API which responds very quickly to SmartLife device status updates (like confirmation that a light has been turned on) without the need for polling. IFTTT is not at all useful when it comes to receiving triggers in real-time. They can sometime be delayed for several minute. Someone out there who develops software for Amazon or Apple holds the answer to the ‘can we have a SmartLife API’ for public consumption?’ question.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have very much knowledge when it comes to integrating things but am quite sure this can be accomplished. I’ve actually been using my Alexa to control the devices because for some reason my IFTTT triggers aren’t working anymore but I haven’t had time to look into that

I can use my amazon echo to control my smart life device, but that makes many of the groups in home assistant incomplete. For example, my lights group is really a lights_minus_smart_life_light group. As a hack I can then define groups within the amazon echo that include the smart life device, but one of my main motivations for using home assistant was to have everything in one place.

2 Likes

SmartLife as same the tuya, if you regist your device in app tuya you can control via API :wink: https://docs.tuya.com/en/cloudapi/cloud_access.html

2 Likes

I too have purchased a Smart Life (Tuya) bulb. Has there been any progress on adding this API to HA? Many of the Chinese manufacturers are using this API to connect the Smart devices to smart phones/Alexa/Google Home. It looks like Tuya is doing for Home Automation what Google did for Smart phones. It would be sad if HA missed out on adding this to there every growing list of supported products.

1 Like

I also have Tuya Smart bulbs and smart sockets. They are sold under many different brands. They are cheap to buy and work really well from the apps (In Android you can use eFamily Cloud or TuyaSmart) and from Google Home or Alexa and on IFTTT. It would be very useful if they were also easily controlled directly from HA

1 Like

Another vote for Smart Life. Nice and cheap. Happy to lend support for testing if anyone has an idea.

7 Likes

What’s even better is you can get coupon codes for Amazon and get these for $2.99 if you join Elite Deals Club

Would love to see a component for this!

3 Likes

I’m interested in a component for Smart Life too!
The sockets are cheap and work very well. Also, with the eFamilyCloud app and Google Home they work instantly.

Anyone has news about this?

1 Like

Add another vote, love these products but want them in HA. How are you using IFTTT to get them in?

4 Likes

They have an applet in IFTTT for them. Smart Life IFTTT Applet. You just need to make a webhooks applet that links it with smartlife. Do you need help with setting this up? I could go further if so.

They have an API available to use. I just don’t have the technical knowledge to make a custom component to control it with. I couldn’t see this being very hard for someone that does have the knowledge to set something like this up and I would be willing to send someone one of these to test out and make the component with if it would help the community.

1 Like

I just noticed the VOTE button at the top of the thread. Make sure you click the button to cast a vote saying you want this feature.

3 Likes

The setback for IFTTT is that it takes too long to turn on/off the socket, while the app does it immediately.

1 Like

I wonder if we can get MQTT working with it via Tuya somehow. I’m a complete noob and only have HA working from watching and re watching many many youtube vids, so I’m just making an observation.

2 Likes