Add support for Smarther with Netatmo

Hi, integrating Smarther2 via Homekit, what entities are in Home Assistant?
Is there an entity that indicates whether the boiler is on or off? (relay status)
Thanks

Hello, any updates on this integration? Do you still recommend HomeKit or Netatmo? I installed Netatmo, but I’m not satisfied because I cannot even turn off the device. My issue with HomeKit is that it’s not finding my SmartTher2. I reset the thermostat, and it’s discovered, but it disappears after a few minutes

I use the HomeKit integration for 7-8 months without any major issues (I have 5 SmarTher2 Thermostats). I paired them first from the iPhone, and they were then detected by the HA HomeKit integration right away. No reliability/disconnection issues at all. My main phone is not the iPhone I paired them with, and even if I don’t use the iphone at all, HomeKit connection keeps working reliably locally.

Something I noticed at first, when syncing, was some issues with the WiFi network, where connection would be lost (there are no signal/coverage/interference issues at my place), I solved it by connecting the SmarTher2’s to a 2,4GHz only network (by restricting it on the access point). Also, it required some trial and error, and resetting the thermostats several times (pressing the lower right button for 5 seconds).

I have tried the Netatmo integration, but I see no significant benefit on controlling the thermostats by going through the cloud. However, I find it useful for this:

To switch the mode between heating and cooling you 1st need to create individual weekly schedules through the app (as many as you want for heating or cooling). Then, on the HA integration, the “lonely” entity, not associated to a thermostat (in my case it’s called select.casa), there you can select the relevant scheduled programme from the dropdown.

I have a radiant heating & cooling floor setup, with a Vaillant heatpump (from where I read data with ebusd addon + ebusd hardware). After some HA automations fiddling, I got to sync to align the heatpump status (heating / cooling) which is automatically chosen by the heatpump based on the outdoor probe average temp.

With the above mix, the system should work flawlessly throughout the year, as it automatically switches thermostats mode between heating/cooling based on whether the heatpump has decided tha it’s time to have hot or cold water running through my floor. Hopefully this should also work fine during mid-season mode changes in spring/autumn where sudden heat/coldwaves come.

Hope the above helps someone to spend less time than I did to get the whole thing running, or gives some ideas for intermediate steps.