Added support for Vaillant Thermostat, how to integrate in official release

Hi,
Thanks for this nice work.

I’m sorry to be so newbie, but I can’t find informations about configuration…
Where can I find
Client ID, Client secret, user prefix and App version?

Thanks in advance,
And sorry again

1 Like

Hey @Margriko.

I’m not sure if there is an energy consumption data in the APIs. Unfortunately, I haven’t had time to check it out in more details because I’m still working on the basic thermostat functionality (as this is a part time hobby, I squeeze couple of hours to work on it every once in a while :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) but consumption data is what interests me as well. I will for sure check it out and see if there is anything we can use to expose it in HA.

2 Likes

I can’t find a classes.dex file?
Did i something wrong?

1 Like

@MislavMandaric thanks for all your hard work on this integration! - I’ve been using it for a while now and came back here to see if it’s possible to get the Internal, External temps and boiler usage data, great to see it’s on your radar for the future, having this data in HA would be really useful!

Having just looked again at the app, it certainly looks like the data is stored on the Netatmo/Vaillant servers, I’ve just scrolled back over a years worth of data on the app/graph, it pauses once in a while whilst downloading the data so guessing getting it into HA should be possible! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi
I try to find the API_KEY for Saunier Duval and get the same issue as you.
DId you get any results in PM ?
Can somebody provide API_KEY for Saunier Duval ?
Thanks for your help.
Regards

Hi The Manifest only describe the list of the file that is in the project.
And the ApiKey is the key associated with the mobile application.
So this is not what you are looking for.
For the class.dex this is a compressed format so I never understood how this transformed in .txt could deliver some text…
But some people were able to do it so.
It could be much easier to deliver the KEY by pm but I was not able to find somebody who was ready to do it. I keep hope :smile:

Regards

HI,
I was able to find the SECRET_KEY for Saunier Duval, after hours of googling. The problem was that there is many apk that includes Migo for various application even from Saunier Duval.

• Search for: MiGo. Your Heating Assistant apk
    You will find for example :
    [MiGo. Your Heating Assistant](https://apkpure.com/migo-your-heating-assistant/com.vaillantgroup.migo.thermostat)
  • Download any version I took the 1.0.2. You have to download the apk
  • If this is an xapk file just rename it .zip and uncompress it with winzip you will obtain the apk
  • Disassemble the apk with your favorite tool. I took google android sdk
  • When disassembling work is done search for na_client_android_sdbg
  • You will find the KEY of the form : 28d36#######################ffeb. (32 Characters)

So for Saunier Duval your config file will be something like :

api_key: na_client_android_sdbg
secret_key: 28d36XXXXXXXXXXXXffeb
username: MY_MIGO_APP_USERNAME
password: MY_MIGO_APP_PWD
discovery: False
app_version: 1.3.0.4
user_prefix: sdbg

Regards.

2 Likes

@KevinVennens:

1. Show extensions file using folder options
  2. Rename com.vaillantgroup.vaillant.thermostat.apk → com.vaillantgroup.vaillant.thermostat.zip
  3. Unpack it
  4. Open classes.dex with your favourite TXT editor

@MislavMandaric
Thanks for this component!

Does the API provide water pressure data?

Hi and thank you for this helpful integration!
My suggestion would ba something like a “boost”-button for the heating. There is one for the hot water, but my idea is to run a low temperature in the heating system and only provide a higher temperature when needed to heat up the bathroom.
Currently i use this workaround: I created an additional heating profile with a significantly higher room temp (25° instead of 19,5°). When pushing a button, an HA-automation is run, calling this profile for 30 mins and then turning it back to the standard. I run a similar automation to reduce room temp to 17° when sending all radiators in to eco-mode.

TL;DR: Shortcut-Button forTemp-Boost would be cool!

Regards, Cro

Hello
I was trying to find secret_key but without success. Can you help me with it? I have newest migo app .

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Misiek

Hi, Thank you for this integration. I’m trying to install it using the HACS instructions in the readme.
I’ve added and downloaded the “Vaillant vSmart” custom component repository and I can see it on the HACS integration page with my other repositories. After restarting HA, I’m not able to add the integration using the UI configuration / Devices / Add Integrations dialog. I get “No integrations match your search”. It’s not visible on the Add or Search integrations pages and not filtered out using the show disabled / ignored boxes.

In Samba, I can see all the required files in config/customer_components/vaillant_vsmart

I’m running HA OS core-2022.4.4 and HACS 1.24.5
No obvious related errors in the log.

Can anyone advise on what to check next, I’m a noobie and stumped, thanks in advance.

Rob

Figured this out, I needed to refresh the browser cache after restarting (D’oh). Then it appeared.
Thanks again for this integration.

Hello, I’ve installed this in a manual way because from hacs didin’t work. Now i have inserted temp gauge in main windows but it doesn’t take value updated if i change temp from phone app or physical thermostat.
For example, i’ve setted 15° in the app but in homeassitant it give me 30 as setted previously.

what am I doing wrong?

Hello

I was trying to find secret_key but without success ror Saunier Duval. Can you help me with it? I have newest migo app .

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Misiek

Hello
I own a Saunier Duval, is it possible to use this integration with the MiGo Link application?
Thank you

@MislavMandaric looks like pyatmo API library added support for MiGo, maybe it will be helpful for supporting your integration in the future, and won’t need to maintain your api: link to github issue

Hi everyone.

Quick update from my side. I haven’t been doing any feature updates in the integration in the last couple of months, just some maintenance updates to comply with the Home Assistant Core breaking changes and deprecation warnings.

Sorry for not providing any updates and responding in a more timely manner, but as I wrote when I joined this thread, this is a hobby project which I enjoy working on, but I still do only when I have spare time to work on.

No, sorry. I can look into it, but I already have things on my list to look into based on suggestions here in the topic. If you have some screenshots on what this data looks like in the official apps, that would be helpful to understand it better.

The integration allows for manual adjustment of the temperature by selecting the “Heat” operation mode. The way it works is that clicking this operation mode turns on manual override with the desired temperature set to 1 degree higher than current temperature.

Currently, the manual override period the integration uses is the one that is defined in the official app (1h by default I think) and 1 degree is hard-coded in the integration. Would it be helpful to make those two options configurable? Maybe try it out even with these default values, I think they are pretty sensible for most use cases.

Thanks for the info, I’ll check it out. But right now, I like the flexibility of using my own library for the API.

2 Likes

Hello @MislavMandaric,
Thank you for the work already done, do you think you will make your integration compatible with the Migolink application?

Thanks for the update!
I will play with the “heat” button for sure, but currently it´s too warm outside :joy:

1 Like

Hey @telenaze.

I only have Vaillant vSMART device, but here in community others have set up MiGo devices using this integration. The process is the same (check out the readme on Github) and search here in the thread how to extract id and secret for MiGo.