Adding NodOn Zwave switch

Hello,

Just started with home-assistant (discovering docker in the process) and I’m mightily happy. I’m using it with Hue, Emby, and now Zwave (and hopefully later with bluetooth).

I try to add a button from NodOn I just bought:

It seems to be added properly, I see activity in the logs (OZW_log.txt) which seems legit. So it seems on the OZW front it’s working alright.

But it doesn’t show up in H-A panel. All I see is in History, an “invalid config” which points to zwave, and this error many times in the log:
16-12-04 11:51:05 openzwave: Z-Wave Notification ValueRemoved for an unknown value ({‘id’: 72057594103037991}) on node 3

do you have any clue?

Thanks!

This post helped me out with the Nodon gear a few weeks ago:

Hi, what does
hass --script check_config
tell you?

Hello all,

and sorry for not coming back earlier, I actually dusted off a Solidrun CuboxTV and decided to install the All-in-one PI script on it.

After fiddling a bit with the Perl, I could get it to install properly.

Now OZW control panel is working well, it detects my NodOn switch (it reads NodOn CWS-3-1-01 Wall Switch), I configured it as per your link, @danpow danpow, thanks for that. Events are properly detected, etc.

I of course saved the config.

But I don’t know why, it’s not showing up in Home-Assistant, and I don’t get any log. Here’s the config I applied so far in the configuration.yaml:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  config_path: /srv/hass/src/python-openzwave/openzwave/config/

Am I missing something? I think at the very least I should be seeing something in the logs of home-assistant, isn’t it?

Did you figure out anything regarding this?
I have a Nodon Switch paired with my z-stick, i can see it in the OZWCP but can’t see it in home assistant. No errors in logs as I can see.

hello, nope, still cannot get it working unfortunately.

It won’t appear as a device in HA, because it’s a controller rather than something that can be controlled.

That shouldn’t stop you from using it to perform actions though, it certainly hasn’t caused me issues with their Octan remote.

1 Like

Ok so you mean this type of controller will never appear in the device list of HA, but we can still use it using their OZW name?

Correct.

If you look at this thread, it refers to a different type of remote, but the process is the same. All you need is the object_id of the remote, and you can plumb that in to your automation.

Here’s what I use:

alias: 'Remote switch - lounge lights on'
trigger:
  platform: event
  event_type: zwave.scene_activated
  event_data:
    scene_id: 20
    object_id: nodon_crc3100_octan_remote_9
action:
  service: scene.turn_on
  entity_id: scene.lounge_lights_on

Oh, I should say - make sure that your switch isn’t in Central Scene mode, set parameter 3 to 1. You can do that with either HA or ozwcp, just ensure you wake up the switch first (all this is detailed in the manual).

Hello !
Sorry to dig this up, but i had this switch working with a jeedom smarthome controler, and this was the “Central Scene” config of my zwcfg file.

<CommandClass id="91" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE" version="2" request_flags="2" innif="true" scenecount="4">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="int" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Scene Count" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="4" />
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Scene KeyAttribute" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="0">
					<Item label="Pressed 1 Time" value="0" />
					<Item label="Key Released" value="1" />
					<Item label="Key Held down" value="2" />
					<Item label="Pressed 2 Times" value="3" />
					<Item label="Pressed 3 Times" value="4" />
					<Item label="Pressed 4 Times" value="5" />
					<Item label="Pressed 5 Times" value="6" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="2" label="Scene ID" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="3" />
				<Value type="button" genre="user" instance="1" index="3" label="Button" units="" read_only="false" write_only="true" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="4" label="Scenes Identical" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="1" index="5" label="Supported Key Attributes All Scenes" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="4">
					<Item label="Pressed 1 Time" value="0" />
					<Item label="Key Released" value="1" />
					<Item label="Key Held down" value="2" />
					<Item label="Pressed 2 Times" value="3" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="128" label="Scene Number" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="30" />
			</CommandClass>

Just copy pasting this didn’t work, only button one did show up correctly on the event thingy …
I would selfishly like to get some help with this, and then i could add the working code to https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/device-specific/ :slight_smile:

Looks like Jeedom is using its own version of OpenZWave which includes proper support for Central Scene. HA does not have this version of OZW, so the XML you’ve posted is not compatible. You will need to create a new one that is similar to the ones on the HA wiki.

i don’t see any difference between the type of config i have up there, and how example are written. Did you spot something ?

Yes, everything about it is different. OZW 1.4 does not have the Scene KeyAttributes, Attributes All Scenes, Scenes Identical, etc. Those are attributes added in OZW 1.6 which redesigned Central Scene support. OZW 1.4 will not understand them. If you look at the examples in the HA docs you’ll see it’s a flat list with Scene Count at index 0 followed by all the scene IDs (i.e. buttons) at index 1+N.

1 Like