Addon: Transmission

The bittorent client for Hassio.

About

The Hassio Transmission addon allows you to download torrent with option OpenVPN support.

Installation

The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in

comparison to installing any other Hassio add-on.

1. Add https://github.com/pierrickrouxel/hassio-addon-transmission.git to your Hassio instance as a repository.

2. Install the “Transmission” add-on.

3. Start the “Plex Media Server” add-on.

4. Check the logs of the “Tranmission” to see if everything went well.

5. Open the web-ui

Support

If you have an issue, please report it to github.

Repository on Github

2 Likes

Weird, it doesn’t seem to want to install for me. The install button just flashes red when I try to click it…

Ah, looks like pierrickrouxel has abandoned the addon, so it’s a dud now unless someone else fixes it and makes the PR.

1 Like

That is really sad to hear. I see a lot of HA users are looking forward to get it work back… hope that someone will take a look on that error code which is returned while trying to install it. :thinking:

there was activity in the repo 2 months ago… Paging @pierrickrouxel

Still nothing… we really need this plugin to be fixed… at least for the current HA software version

Hi to all! I was make pull request for author for correct run for this addon.
Or you can use my fork from this.

Still won’t start for me with this error log:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing... 

-----------------------------------------------------------
 Hass.io Add-on: Transmission
 The torrent client for Hass.io with OpenVPN support
 Add-on version: dev
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Ubuntu 19.04  (amd64 / intel-nuc)
 Home Assistant version: 0.97.2
 Supervisor version: 181
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
Log level is set to INFO
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-requirements.sh: executing... 
/var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/10-requirements.sh: line 27: bashio::config.get: command not found
/var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/10-requirements.sh: line 27: bashio::file_exists: command not found
/var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/10-requirements.sh: line 28: bashio::config.get: command not found
/var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/10-requirements.sh: line 28: bashio::die: command not found
[cont-init.d] 10-requirements.sh: exited 127.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: executing... 
                Oops! Something went wrong.

We are so sorry, but something went terribly wrong when
 starting or running this add-on.

Be sure to check the log above, line by line, for hints.
[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: exited 0.
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

this doesn’t work

Hi I got this error, with standard configuration

INFO: Starting NGinx…
nginx: [emerg] invalid port in “:” of the “listen” directive in /etc/nginx/servers/ingress.conf:2
[2019-12-27 20:24:25.087] Port Forwarding State changed from “Not forwarded” to “Starting” (port-forwarding.c:92)
[2019-12-27 20:24:25.087] Port Forwarding State changed from “Starting” to “???” (port-forwarding.c:92)
INFO: Starting NGinx…
nginx: [emerg] invalid port in “:” of the “listen” directive in /etc/nginx/servers/ingress.conf:2

i cannot install your fork

ERROR (SyncWorker_13) [hassio.docker.addon] Can't build 7fe7fb24/armv7-addon-transmission:dev: The command '/bin/ash -o pipefail -c apk add --no-cache     nginx=1.14.2-r4' returned a non-zero code: 1

This add-on 8s abadonmed

It looks like there is recent activity on the Github, but, sadly, it still doesn’t seem to work.

I forked the addon and fixed some config issues, it works for me now with OpenVPN support.

Alexwijn/hassio-addon-transmission: Transmission addon for Hass.io (github.com)

2 Likes

Hi, for people who don’t need openvnp support I created a version based on the linuxserver image here : https://github.com/alexbelgium/hassio-addons

Compared to this version, there is :

• (-) No openvnp, no ingress
  • (+) Added exposure of the settings.json in /config/transmission, possibility to choose download and incomplete folders and possibility to mount local drive or smb as option. It also works faster and smoother on my rpi3b (higher max download speed & smoother UI) but this could be due to a personal bias or a specific config.

It’s my first true addon (not a direct fork) so I’m open to feedbacks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The OpenVPN works for me also, thx.

Are you using the Transmission integration in HA? I am not able to get it to work

I couldn’t make the transmission NAS addon work. I ran in some issues with the settings file having corrupted data. I don’t have the logs anymore, sorry.

While looking at your repo to understand where the issue could come from, I saw your qBittorrent addon. I tried it and it works great. I use it in combination with the Plex NAS and Samba NAS addons from https://github.com/dianlight/hassio-addons. The qBittorrent completes them perfectly and even allows for SSL access to the WebUI. Perfect !

I advise anyone looking for a torrent client addon working with NAS to give it a try.

Thx a lot for your work @alexbelgium.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the kind words! I actually have the same setup, except that I use emby (from my repo) instead of Plex. Samba NAS is great!

BTW I think I have identified the issue. The addon didn’t update folders permissions when installing although it allows custom PID/GID. It should be corrected :slight_smile: but indeed I also only use qbittorrent now I find it faster and more responsive on a rpi 3b+!

1 Like

I also got OpenVPN to work, thanks Alexwijn! I too am a user of Samba NAS so I tried alexbelgium’s new addon and managed to mount network drives without issues.

Now if only those two features could come together! I did try Transmission NAS
from https://github.com/marciogranzotto/addons-repository but could not get OpenVPN to work properly.

FYI, I also forked this add-on. It’s currently working with openvpn. This is also now a proper add-on, because it points to a pre-built container, rather than on relying on the container to be built on the host. This means you will get update notifications which did not happen before.

FYI, the ovpn file must be in /config/openvpn and the filename in the box should not have the .ovpn file extension.

I also updated the upstream base container to the latest.

1 Like