🔥 Advanced Heating Control

Hmm thats now a good Question, and the choice make it harder :slight_smile:
Both Feature has his own advantage.
Before your Question i say helper, so i must stay to him :joy:

I am not sure. Just thought since with heating adjustments the comfort can be variable its maybe better to go with a negative offset. So it gets lowered by X degrees. Just a thought but no must.

Yeah your right, this feature is nice too, thats why im begin to strugeling :laughing:
Im OK with one of them, which one, i give in your Hand :wink:

1 Like

@tirol3 would be great if you report back if the adjustment feature is working for you. Maybe you leave something running until tomorrow evening and watch the whole thing.

i am using at my home i will set config and waiting

1 Like

:tada: :fire: Advanced Heating Control v4 :fire: :tada:

Hey,

I just decide to release the final version of AHCv4. :wink:
For everyone who’s coming from v3 just disable your old automations and setup your new automations with the v4 blueprint.

If you encounter bugs, or you just have questions and ideas feel free to give feedback or open issues on my github repo.

So, happy heating @all and many thanks to all testers and everyone who supported me!

Best regards,

panhans

//EDIT: I try to mention all users who were active here a lot. But it’s only limited to 10 users in a post. So I just wrote your usernames without the @. Don’t be angry if I forgotten you. I will continue to add to the list. Thank you guys!

//EDIT: How to update when coming from v4 test version?

7 Likes

I just updated to rc4a 15 minutes ago. :smiley:
How can I move to the final Version?
When reimporting the Blueprint it stays at rc4a.
Do I have to resetup all the automations?

It’s now in the main branch. Just import the blueprint in the initial post, open your automation.yaml and replace the string ‘heating_control_ref.yaml’ / “heating_control_v4.yaml” with ‘heating_control.yaml’ and reload the automations by clicking the button in the dev tools.
No need to resetup if you already ran the test version. :wink:

2 Likes

Worked, thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

my automation.yaml writing panhans/heating_control_v4.yaml i changed it. where can we testnew version?

and i need one mode like this

special mod temp : 23 or Static Comfort Temperature

if i activated it my plan will deactive and temp will be 23 or Static Comfort Temperature

i am using in day 21 but my Static Comfort Temperature is 23 in my daily plan

the blue import button / url is missing in post #1, doesnt it?

1 Like

Sorry, deleted too much yesterday. The import button is now available again. Fighting with a cold atm.

3 Likes

i have an additional request. Is there a way to use a timer in the “Force Max Temperature”? I think something about a boost function.

Create a Timer Helper - I have them setup for each room/automation called Boost Heating ‘room_here’ When the Boost Timer is triggered (i have a button on dashboard for each room called ‘Boost Heating’ the timer starts to count down for the preset time.

edit
Sorry I was thinking about my Party Mode timers.

I do however use the Force Max temperature in my office which can sometimes get quite cold in the morning so I use an automation that turns this off after a period of time after it is triggered by an input. Something very simple - there is probably a better way to do it

alias: Auto Off Force Max Temp
description: “”
trigger:

• platform: state
    entity_id:
    • input_boolean.force_max_temp
      to: “on”
      for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 45
      seconds: 0
      action:
  • service: input_boolean.turn_off
    target:
    entity_id: input_boolean.force_max_temp
    data: {}

Hello everyone,
I’ve been having problems with the motion sensors for 3 days now.
Once these are activated, they no longer reset if no person is recognized.
Everything was working great until the 3 days ago and has been for about 2 months.
I have the SONOFF SNZB-03 in operation.
I am using the latest version of Advanced heat control v4.

https://controlc.com/9050fb50

Passwort : Dadox77

1 Like

@Damir77

Your error occurs when setting temperature to 14. Could you navigate to the service tool in dev tool and try this command? (just switch to yaml mode an paste this) It’s exactly the one where you get the error.

service: climate.set_temperature
data:
  entity_id: "climate.dam_bad_hr"
  temperature: "{{ 14 | float }}"

//EDIT: ah wait. The error occurs when setting hvac mode.

service: climate.set_hvac_mode
target:
data:
  hvac_mode: "heat"

//EDIT2: I just pushed an update. Just a try. Hvac mode now will set in the same style like temperature. Also try if heat is case sensitive for you like Heat.

service: climate.set_hvac_mode 
data:
  hvac_mode: "heat"

Multiple party timers with possibility to set target temperature in their friendly names are coming soon. :wink:

Thank you very much for your help,

I don’t even think it’s because of your script. Because now the temperature is not even set even if the sensor detects a person in the room.
I am now using the latest version 4.0.1.
I believe that even the sensor that is controlled via Tuya is not controlled correctly. Here’s another picture and a trace.
Something is just not right right now, maybe a new update will make everything work again

https://controlc.com/69db074a

Could you try the different commands to set hvac mode? Meanwhile I upload another try. Just try to set hvac mode once with mode Heat and heat.

Uf now you’ve caught me on the left leg, I don’t know exactly what you mean by hvac. Can you explain to me in more detail where I can find this. I am already using v4.0.2 without the function working positively.

I think he mean you should try both via Service (dev Tools)