🔥 Advanced Heating Control

Not in focus atm. But I think I will add this if the most problems/features are done. :wink:

1 Like

Hello, your Blueprint is now running without any problems. Thank you very much! I am actually also interested in this function and would be happy to volunteer as a tester if you were to implement it at some point. Thank you very much and have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Hey!

Just imported the V4 Ref version and set it up as second automation. Disabled V4 for the moment for testing as requested. Using maxcube / EQ3Max in one room and Tuyas in the other.

Setting up the Ref version and scanning through the settings,

Where did “Split Service Calls” go?
“Service Call Delay” is still there …

1 Like

Service calls are splitted per default now. I dropped the option to bundle it in one call because many thermostats have problems with it. But the delay still exists after each call.

ah! Good to know. Will report back on how it works.

1 Like

Some weeks ago i opened a thread, trying to find help with markdown / headlines / sections in the blueprint UI. Involvement wasn´t that great until today.

See here: Is there a way to add Headlines / Separators / Sections in Blueprint UI - #3 by hainfelder

Where would be a place to discuss better naming and descriptions, ordering? Here in this thread?

i try currently to run up with my air conditioner, and have one problem. (Tasmota irhvac)

• The climate starts up but don’t set the temperature

Trace:

Now i configured the new Ref version and let you know the result. I have one remark about your default values. I think it would be clearer if the default values are 0 or off.

what about “Manual mode”?

Could you follow these steps?

1. disable your automation
  2. set climate to a different target then comfort or minimum temperature
  3. set mode to off
  4. enable the automation again
  5. trigger the automation
  6. watch you climate changing mode or temp
  7. download the latest trace and share (maybe you can see in the graph if climate.set_temperature / climate.set_hvac_mode got called. That would be the correct trace)

Thanks!

//EDIT: you also can experiment with service calls in developer tools to change the target temperature… maybe this device needs a special service call or maybe a combined?!

Still experimental since no home assistant developer is checking and merging the pull request for the fix…

//EDIT: I’ve updated the ref version with adjustable aggressive mode. Works good in my configuration.

Hello,
First of all, kudos to @panhans for the work! The blueprint does many of the things I wanted from a smarted heating solution.

I set up one room with 2x Danfoss Ally, 1x external Aqara thermometer (both ZigBee via ZigBee2MQTT) and Advanced heating control (V4_ref5) on schedule.

I observe the following two issues:

• The external temperature (external_measured_room_sensor) is set only for one of the two TRVs (for the second one in automation). The other keeps the default value and was never set by the automation.
  • The external temperature is set a tad late. If radiator_covered is not set, it’s set after ~3:04 (while the system defaults after ~3:01). If radiator_covered is set, it adjusts after ~0:40 (with the system defaulting after ~0:35).

I can imagine both bit being quite simple errors, though the blueprint code is too complex for me :-/.

PS: If a trace would help, let me know. If debug mode would help, I’d need guidance, I tried to put the blueprints.panhans.heatingcontrol: debug to the main config file but that did not work.

Could it be the one which is not set is calibrated right with its default value? But maybe you problems can be solved by decreasing the calibration delta (0 for calibrating for every change of TRV temp / external sensor temp) and calibration timeout. If you turn this also down calibration should react much quicker and responsable.

Did I understand right. You thermostats are resetting the calibration values after a certain duration? Is there maybe a periodical update needed to fix that problem?

Danfoss TRVs offer both options of working with the external thermometer: Either setting the external temperature directly to a dedicated attribute (external_measured_room_sensor) or by setting an offset (in regulation_setpoint_offset).

The offset is never set by the automation, so I expect you use the external temperature attribute (which I indeed see as a better option). However, to use that, the docs say you have to sat it at least once in 3 hours / 30 minutes (depending on the radiator_covered state) otherwise the TRV defaults to the internal thermometer.
I presumed your automation is doing just that as the changes are periodic (and with correctly different period depending on radiator_covered), just doing it a tad late.

Thus, I don’t think the calibration delta would change anything. I have the default value of the calibration timeout of 1 minute.

Update: I changed the order of the TRVs in the automation (Field “Thermostats / Valves”) and now the other TRV is set (still have to wait if the first will not be changed any longer).

İ am testing v4 if i select persons at home Off Instead Of Minimum Temperature is not making trv off can you check

No problems at all. Works for me as expected in both versions.

Could enable debugging and share a trace log?

Here is the logic I’ve implemented:

1. Get all Popp/Danfoss/Hive climate entities
  2. Iterate through that entities and get their number entitity for external measured room value
  3. get the value of this entity, e.g. 2000
  4. calculate the new value = (room_temperature * 100) | int → 21°C * 100 = 2100
  5. absolute difference between new and old value abs(2000 - 2100) = 100
  6. set new value if the difference is equal or greater than the delta (e.g. delta = 0.5°C * 100) → 100 >= 50

The setting of the value is not periodic. It is always checked according to this logic as soon as the value of the external sensor or the measured temperature on the thermostat itself changes and this remains unchanged for the set timeout.
And it is only updated if the delta difference is fulfilled.

Since I don’t own such thermostat, ideas for improvements are always welcome. Maybe there is an exisisting implementation out there?!

I wondering a little regarding all the presence based heating.
Whats the use case for it?
In a well insulated house i think there is not much need for it.
In not well isolated houses using f.e. gas boilers i dont see a point in switching the radiator on if i start using a room.
What i would need is something which adjusts the heating plan start time according to weather, flow temperature and current room temperature.
To get from 18° to 20° it needs 30 min up to 2h.

Hi there,

i need some help if i can use AHC in my use case:

I will not use presence based heating.
i have 2 rooms that should get a heating schedule but should be able to heat if somebody uses that room outside the schedule. For that the use of the hardware buttons on the valves would be the best solution (i dont want to use extra switches/buttons, only if i need to)

and i have a room that also uses a schedule (office) but also uses devices for something like a presences sensor (if the device is on → heating should be on)
but also should be able to controll via hardware buttons additionally

So is this possible with AHC? What minimal seetings should i use for that? Seems that i am a little overwhelmed with the possibilities of AHC

For example I heat my room scheduler based. But in the early morning (if someone wakes up earlier as usal) and in the evening I use my lights as presence sensor. If I turn them off in the living room heating turns off.
It’s for dynamic heating. I am not in bed at the same time day by day.

But this is something your valve and boiler should do. If it’s colder outside the flow temperature is higher and your radiators get warmer. There is no difference setting the thermostat to 24°C or 30°C heating. With a good balanced system your rooms gets warm independent to the weather or outside temperature.

I personally still own an old simple boiler. Need to upgrade it in the next years hopefully to something I can integrate in home assistant to manage it on demand.