🔥 Advanced Heating Control

Yes, it seems your comfort temperature entity is set to 17°C. That causes to that physical change bug of home assistant. It’s not possible to differ between a change by an automation or the device that can result in these side effects.

Atm temperature gets reset when switching from comfort to minimal heating except when party timer ends. Maybe it’s a good addition to reset temperature when scheduler or presents sensor comes into play but only if the mode switches from minimum to comfort heating.

Looking at github I have little hope that the HA bug is going to be fixed. :frowning:
But what you proposed should do the trick, at least in this scenario.

1 Like

Thanks,

here you go

https://controlc.com/acd95b57 - this is for the spare bedroom which should be off altogether but was heating yesterday (not today)

https://controlc.com/de981779 - this is for Molly bedroom which did not heat last night or this morning

https://controlc.com/dcb8b890 - this is for the Landing and also didn’t heat last night or this morning.

Both Molly and Landing are on the same physical Fibaro FGS-223 so i don’t know if that could be an issue. I can manually enable it so unsure what the issue is here.

Thanks so much.

it would be nice to control the degrees of opening directly - until now i believed that this is up to the internal logic of the TRVs and that there is no way of controlling the valves directly. Havent tried it yet …

Is this true? or can we control the valves directly?

My Tuya TS0601 seems to know at least 25% 50% 100% (i have created gauge cards on the dashboard for the valve states to really see, what the TRVs are doing physically)

so yours should too?

“off-mode” is one of the settings which try to accomodate for the behavior of different TRVs and systems … So it belongs in a section maybe called “Adaptations for TRV specific bahavior” or so.

“min temp” is a temp setting … for all TRVs … so for me they belong in different sections of the blueprint.

a short search for this lead my to a double switch (?) - do you use this as?

In General it would be helpful, when posting questions to mention the type of TRVs you are using …

just checking in. Any luck on solving this?

you mean the possibilty to use Fahrenheit?

Ok, some more explanations:

1. Just trigger your automation before download the trace (you can do it by clicking the three dots menu, too)
  2. be sure the automation did not block in the condition section. Just have a look at the graph. But it’s never the case if you trigger the automation manually.
  3. Trigger the automation in a time window when your automation didn’t work as expected

Just updated v4-Blueprint. There were two parts that were °C-dependent. Aggressive mode and calibration of Tado Valves. Let me know if you get problems.

Hi there,

I did mention that I don’t have radiators for the majority of the house, I have underfloor heating.

I use Fibaro multi sensors to measure room temperature and the Fibaro switch activates the valves on the manifold. I have created generic thermostats for each of these so that effectively each room has its own thermostat.

The rooms that do have radiators are open plan so there is just one device controlling them all which is a Secure SRT321 room thermostat.

Maybe it is my setup that is part of the issue as they may not behave like TRV’s.

I can’t run the system in the same way as one with radiators as underfloor heating takes longer to heat up. This means that the sensor option isn’t ideal unless expecting to stay in a room for a significant period of time.

Sorry didn’t realise I needed to manually trigger that. I’ll try again. I assume I clicked on the correct arrows in the trace for the log?
Thanks

Ok I manually started one of them that isn’t working and it seems that it isn’t getting past the conditions

Could it be because I’ve not currently defined a comfort temperature? I thought this was an optional part. I have created a number helper for that purpose but not added it in yet as wasn’t sure it was the correct helper to add.

no, you don’t have to. but there are other triggers that will blocked by conditions because of minimal configuration. other triggers will call the action automatically without blocking.

So you have to trigger the automation manually in order to ensure the action gets executed and not blocked. The trace you’ve send is not triggered manually. It’s triggered by a local temperature change of your climate entity and has no impact because this trigger is used for calibration that you did not setup.

1. trigger automation manually by clicking run
  2. watch trace graph → none of the trigger point should by enabled when triggered manually
  3. if it is so, download and share the trace log

//EDIT
If action got triggered it looks like this otherwise the graph ends at the top in the A/B bubble.

Sorry I must have misunderstood the manual trigger part but I’ve done it now.

Here is the tracelog

The landing didn’t heat again this morning. When I checked in HA the sensor was reading 20C but it was cold, I checked with a calibrated thermometer and the actual temp was 15C.

I tried waking the node up in Z Wave JS but the ping failed. I’ve then excluded that sensor and used a spare I had. This one is also refusing to ping after inclusion so I don’t know if there is an issue with Z Wave JS itself? I’ve read that some people have problems with the 700 series controllers could that be part of it?

Yes, in this graph the action gets executed. Now I need the trace log of this graph like you did before.

Oops sorry I thought I’d pasted it in but mustn’t have done it - I’ll sort it for you when I get home thanks

Hi panhans! Thank you for this great automation.

Regarding the calibration for the Aqara E1, zigbee2mqtt exposes the sensor_temp parameter

I think that, for this type of valves that have this parameter, you could update that instead of calibrating.
There is an automation called Aqara TRV E1 external temperature that do just that, if it can be of any help.

2 Likes

This is how it is reported in HA:

Cheers,
Edoardo

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s possible. But I also want to support ZHA. I’ve read it’s also possible by setting zigbee cluster commands. Maybe I find this thread again. Maybe I had found this on github.

I will report back when I implement a fist version. But I forget to fix calibration with danfoss and the inverted calibration…

I need to make a cut at this point because I want to refactor the code in order to focus on a more robust and feature rich heating plan implementation.

1 Like

Hi Panhans,

Just run the landing heating manually again.

Here is the trace

Many thanks

Your scheduler is not active. Did you setup the scheduler correctly? Like this: