🔥 Advanced Heating Control

Yes I think i got the point. Just for the record the template sensor need for the cooling.
Always related to the cooling which is the best way to avoid that the cooling does not work during winter. Scheduler maybe or outside temp ?

1 Like

If you want it smart you can use the weather / outside temperature sensor or maybe you can create a template sensor that combines states of your window, thermostat and climate entities or you just provide a input boolean that toggles between winter and summer.
You also can create a binary sensor based on a calendar. I personally use a temperature sensor on my boiler which toggles my winter mode. So many possibilities. :smiley:

1 Like

@panhans Ich glaub der Fehler kommt von der blueprint oder?
Ggf. liegts daran weil das value von der “thermal comfort” integrität zu lang ist? “23.0668388888889” oder leer ist

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.advanced_climate_control_wohnzimmer
Quelle: components/automation/__init__.py:669
Integration: Automatisierung (Dokumentation, Probleme)
Erstmals aufgetreten: 12:22:43 (1 Vorkommnisse)
Zuletzt protokolliert: 12:22:43

Error rendering variables: ValueError: Template error: int got invalid input 'None' when rendering template '{% if input_mode_outside_temperature != none %} {% set state = states(input_mode_outside_temperature) %} {% set state = iif(is_number(state) == true, state, state_attr(input_mode_outside_temperature,'temperature'))%} {{ (state | int - input_mode_outside_temperature_threshold | int) * factor < 0 }} {% else %} {{ true }} {% endif %}' but no default was specified

(Bitte lesen Sie die FAQ, bevor Sie einen Beitrag posten. Dies ist ein ausschließlich englischsprachiges Forum.)

Please read the FAQ before posting. This is an English only forum.
How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question.

The screen text is ok whatever language, just the stuff you type.

I can’t reproduce this. The only reason of the error could be the value of the weather / outdoor temperature sensor was something like unknown.

//EDIT: Just pushed a small fix for that case. Just give some feedback if the error occurs again.

1 Like

looks good now thanks, maybe the blueprint was faster than the Integrations loads

Good morning everyone.

I have a question about activation,
I have set up a boolean helper for the toggle AND the outside temperature sensor.
But now I have a doubt, Is the automation looking at both? Or, if I want to use the outside temperature control, should I leave the toggle config blank?

Regarding the outside temperature control, is the condition looking at the current temperature or is any calculation applied (e.g. average temperature)?

Thanks!

1. He checks both
  2. He use the value directly
2 Likes

hey legends,

i have set up the automation to include the use of door & window sensors.
all seems to be working as it should except when the thermostat (im using a generic thermostat wit ha switch to turn a panel heater on) is turned on manually.

after the 3 minutes, the switch is not turning off.
(edit: the door is open and the window is closed)

any thoughts?

Hi, did you check the logs?

What you can do for make it easier to debug your issue is:

1. set the reaction times to 0 or maybe 2 seconds or so
  2. save your automation
  3. open up your door and wait until your automation gets triggered (just have a look at the timestamp in the automation overview)
  4. navigate to your automation and download the trace log like described here

Hello!
Have you noticed that you can make sections of a blueprint collapsible now? I think it would be good for a more comfortable blueprint :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, thanks for this information. I totally missed that but I will update the blueprint soon.

1 Like

:fire: AHCv4.2.9 :fire:

:new: section support in UI

Note: If you can’t see any change or a faulty UI just refresh your browser with fully cache reload. (Mac users: SHIFT + CMD + R, Win & Linux: ALT+F5)

@NessD here you are :wink:

1 Like

Is there a way to use this blueprint to work with multiple temperature sensors that are independent of a thermostat? I have a helper that basically figures out what the “current” temperature of the house is using several parameters, and I simply want to use that temperature helper as the “current” temperature. I didn’t see this clearly asked in the thread and didn’t see it in any of the options.

Hey, sure. If you use a template sensor there shouldn’t be any problem.

Here is an example:

Awesome, looks nice! Thx!

1 Like

Is it possible to add a new custom Action section like the existing “after Trigger”, for “before” Trigger. Example the new Action Trigger must be true to Trigger the Thermostat?
So many new functions are available without new integrations from you

Edit: i think the current custom Action does this Not include, but Not 100% sure

I’ve recently updated the blueprint to the latest version. The heating has been off since May, so I figured it was a good time to update things, sort out the new room configurations and make sure everything works okay in time for the heating being needed again later in the year.

Must say that I’m really impressed with the additional features and the improvements made since I initially set this up. Well done @panhans and thanks for the improvements.

I did almost get caught out by the Eco Temperature using an input number helper. I happened to be working on something else and when I did a config check HA threw up an " int object is not iterable" error. A quick search of the forum led me to this thread and I was able to fix the error before the next restart of HA. I would’ve been pulling my hair our at what was stopping HA from restarting, so that was a real “phew” moment.

Not sure what you’re aiming for.

Do you mean a custom condition to prevent executing the default automation action? Or do you need an action before and after the default execution code?
An action is just a custom set of commands and is neither true or false.

I’m struggling with the Scheduling section of the Blueprint.

I have several schedules and an input_select set up like this:

input_select:
  heating_schedules:
    name: Heating Schedules 
    options:
      - General Heating Schedule
      - Upstairs Heating Schedule
      - Dining Room Heating Schedule
      - Office Heating Schedule
      - Holiday Heating Schedule
      - Boys Heating Schedule
    initial: General Heating Schedule
    icon: mdi:form-dropdown 

In the scheduling section of the Blueprint I have this:

If I change the value of the input_select.heating_schedules will it change the schedule used for this automation?

Reason I ask is because I have several automations all using this Blueprint to control the heating in various rooms. If I specify this input_select for every one of those automations, will it use the same schedule for every room using it? If so, do I need a separate input_select for every room I use this Blueprint in?