šŸ”„ Advanced Heating Control

It looks like the ā€œinput_mode_outside_temperatureā€ is not inverted in cooling mode.

Edit: or is this the the First fix in fixes? :see_no_evil: Im currently not on dev

Hi is that possible now to add on loveless a card view like this one

I want that my family can give the temperature / Time on Loveless

Hey, is it possible to catch if the ā€œCalibration Temperature Sensorā€ is unavailable. At the moment, my TRV goes to fully open if that happens. Because I think your blueprint is interpreting a 0 then and the TRV gets pushed till the temperature match the ā€œComfort Temperatureā€ or ā€œEco Temperatureā€.
I got Aquare Temp Sensors, and they loose ZigBee connection from time to time. And them my room is a sauna :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I will think about it. But yes, it makes totally sense if you own two heating systems.

Yes, in dev atm since I donā€™t own an AC. Feel free to check it out. If itā€™s working as expected I will merge it into the main version.

I think atm there isnā€™t a lovelace card for the onboard schedules. The only way to change it is to link it in a e.g. entities card, clicking on it and edit it using the gear button.
For input_numbers (temperatures) there are several options.

I recently pushed an update to the dev version which prevents the calibration call if the sensors value isnā€™t a number. Feel free to test. I think I will merge it this week into the stable version.

Thanks for the answer,

What do you mean exactly with " I think atm there isnā€™t a lovelace card for the onboard schedules"

Is that not a ā€œLoveless Cardā€ sorry i am noob

Link: /github.com/nielsfaber/scheduler-card

This Loveless card seams to be near to the VIS Iobroker view here

//github.com/Pittini/iobroker-heatingcontrol-vis/blob/master/admin/V3preview-1.png

And on this " scheduler-card" i can Link to the vairable number ā€œTempSalonā€

This card is only compatible to the community scheduler integration not to the home assistant schedules.

Ok what do you recomand to do to have on loveless this kind of view ?
grafik

Do you have an exemple how to prepare ā€œentities card, clicking on it and edit it using the gear buttonā€
i need an exemple how do you recommand to do it :slight_smile:

Atm. this is hard to do something like this. I wish the schedule integration could hold some attributes like temperatures.

Further more the idea behind this blueprint is a fully automatic heating control in best case without manual changes during the day. So it only provide an automation and not a ui front end.
Schedulers, temperatures ect. are predefined and can switch dynamically by using sensors or manual inputs. Its not my plan to edit the schedules more then once, but define schedules for each situation and toggle between them.

But I will also integrate a calendar option where everyone could edit temperatures and other tweaks.

Looks like this does not work. I can Upload the trace the nxt days.

1 Like

Yep, ok. Iā€™d just tested it in my test environment with a generic AC, but have no possibility in real life. Trace would be fine.

@panhans all fine now, you can push dev to stable

1 Like

Feature Request: Since the Sonoff TRVZB now support valve positioning (SONOFF TRVZB control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT), would it be possible to integrate it in your automation? For example, if target temperature is nearly reached, set valve to 0% or if itā€™s far away from target, then open it by 100% and so forth. That is to say a more granular temperature setting.

Can you add a ā€œinside Temperature Thresholdā€ next ā€œOutside Temperature Thresholdā€?

i tried to vote for upcoming features in the first post ā€¦ but i donĀ“t know how ā€¦ (no button or sth similar for voting?)

Hmm, I thought the room thermostat handles the indoor temperature. If above/under the target temperature the valve gets closed. Or whatā€™s the idea behind it?

I closed the vote since the most wanted feature is already implemented. I could open it again. :wink:

thanks and I Voted - Will calendar support then be the next thing?

Really looking forward for the heating in my office (dependent on clients that visit / calendar events) - but this has time until the next heating period :wink:

1 Like

my house is inside sometimes heater than outside (fast temp switched), so i dont want that He Put Off the Ac when outside is shortly cooler than inside.

Second Question, the ā€œOutside Temperature Thresholdā€ is in my config 22c but the Script starts on 23c can you check If this is maybe a code mistake?

May I please get some clarification that Iā€™m doing this right? I see some settings work, like turn off when the window is open, but for the temperature setting, it doesnā€™t seem to be working. The temperature helper I use is reporting 73.4, and the settings are lower than that, but the thermostat remains off. Let me know what else may be needed, thank you.

id: '1715107290546'
alias: šŸ”„ Advanced Heating Control
description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: panhans/heating_control.yaml
  input:
    input_trvs:
      - climate.t6_pro_z_wave_programmable_thermostat
    input_hvac_mode: cool
    input_temperature_minimum_static: 69
    input_temperature_comfort_static: 70
    input_schedulers: []
    input_away_offset: 10
    input_away_options: []
    input_windows:
      - binary_sensor.patio_door_window
    input_temperature_sensor: sensor.home_average_temperature
    input_calibration_options:
      - rounded_values
    input_mode_outside_temperature_threshold: 48
    input_tweaks:
      - fahrenheit
      - off_instead_min
    input_frost_protection_temp: 32
    input_persons: []

Hi,

just a question but before let me share my setting.

I have a thermostatic valve on each radiator around my house and also air conditioning in the bedrooms but also in living room and studio.

the External machine serving bedroom in an porch that is normally closed during winter (in winter we just use radiators). I have a sensor in the porch windows (an old aqara) and till now I have an automation that IF notice that AC is turned on while window is closed automatically turn this off.

How can I replicate this safety check with this blueprint? Maybe with a template sensor with inverted status?

Moreover with this template can I avoid to use AC during winter with heat function instead of use the in combination with radiators?

Thanks

1 Like

Just pushed dev to stable:

@boasist you need something that triggers you heating/cooling, e.g. a person, presence sensor or a scheduler. with your configuration the eco temp will be set and because youā€™ve enabled off_instead_min the ac/thermosat turns off.

Maybe you need two automations one for the ac and one for the radiators. For the ac automation you can put this window sensor in the :snowman: Winter Mode / Automation Toggle section. If the windows sensor state goes off / closed the automation will be disabled.
For the heating / radiator automation you can invert the sensor value with a template sensor. So the automations toggle depending to the state of your window. (Correct me if I didnā€™t understand you correctly.)

1 Like