Advantage-Air integration - add option to set MYZONE

The advanatage air integration has the option to define a “MYZONE”. It appears in the get result as shown below.

{
	"aircons":
	{	
		"ac1":
		{
			"info":{
				"aaAutoFanModeEnabled":true,
				"activationCodeStatus":"noCode",
				"airconErrorCode":"",
				"cbFWRevMajor":9,
				"cbFWRevMinor":42,
				"cbType":1,
				"climateControlModeIsRunning":false,
				"constant1":1,
				"constant2":2,
				"constant3":0,
				"countDownToOff":0,
				"countDownToOn":0,
				"fan":"low",
				"filterCleanStatus":0,
				"freshAirStatus":"none",
				"mode":"cool",
				"myAutoModeCurrentSetMode":"cool",
				"myAutoModeIsRunning":false,
				"myZone":2,
				"name":"AC",
				"noOfConstants":2,
				"noOfZones":4,
				"quietNightModeEnabled":false,
				"quietNightModeIsRunning":false,
				"rfSysID":0,
				"setTemp":16.0,
				"state":"off",
				"uid":"9b707",
				"unitType":17
			},
			"zones":
				{
				"z01":
					{"error":0,"maxDamper":100,"measuredTemp":26.5,"minDamper":0,"motion":0,"motionConfig":1,"name":"Kitchen","number":1,"rssi":43,"SensorUid":"001219","setTemp":25.0,"state":"close","tempSensorClash":false,"type":1,"value":100
					},
				"z02":
					{"error":0,"maxDamper":100,"measuredTemp":25.2,"minDamper":0,"motion":0,"motionConfig":1,"name":"Master Bed","number":2,"rssi":42,"SensorUid":"001224","setTemp":24.0,"state":"open","tempSensorClash":false,"type":1,"value":100
					},
				"z03":
					{"error":0,"maxDamper":100,"measuredTemp":24.9,"minDamper":0,"motion":0,"motionConfig":1,"name":"Ollie\u0027s Room","number":3,"rssi":52,"SensorUid":"0010b0","setTemp":24.0,"state":"open","tempSensorClash":false,"type":1,"value":90
					},
				"z04":
					{"error":0,"maxDamper":100,"measuredTemp":25.0,"minDamper":0,"motion":0,"motionConfig":1,"name":"Jack\u0027s Room","number":4,"rssi":54,"SensorUid":"001223","setTemp":24.0,"state":"open","tempSensorClash":false,"type":1,"value":100
					}
				}
		}
	},
///...////
"system":{"aaServiceRev":"14.116","allTspErrorCodes":{},"country":"Australia","dealerPhoneNumber":"0736xxxxxx","deviceIds":["y2U043xxxxxxxxx"],"deviceIdsV2":{"y2U043wPSzWzTOyzOxxxxxxxxxxx":"ciefDmTDTmaSM8ovk-ZkBR:APA91bEAasmMkKftEtipwxQNSeBMB52kQ7thX9L50DgBLMhf7Lga42NupuTcLFp3m_ejouZHXUKaMT1WOHjuzSABzPC9tLDDfJ2TVtY7T-yAipvlJbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"},"drawLightsTab":false,"drawThingsTab":false,"garageDoorReminderWaitTime":2,"hasAircons":true,"hasLights":false,"hasSensors":false,"hasThings":false,"hasThingsBOG":false,"hasThingsLight":false,"latitude":-27.4230xxxxxxx,"logoPIN":"40xx","longitude":153.034037499xxxxxx,"mid":"9b707","myAppRev":"15.810","name":"MyPlace","needsUpdate":false,"noOfAircons":1,"noOfSnapshots":0,"postCode":"4xxx","rid":"bIXkZI4M2RewYPiQ3jGlzGRLxxxx","showMeasuredTemp":true,"sysType":"MyAir5","tspErrorCode":"noError","tspIp":"192.168.0.78","tspModel":"PIC8GS8","versions":{}
}

This value specifies which zone the AC unit will use as a overall setpoint - and the ac will control its fan / and setpoint based on that zone …interesting I have noted setting it means the AC setTemp stays at 16.

I was actually going to ring advantage air to confirm why this is the case.

This was my idea but I am just not familiar enough with python

@property
    def my_zone_id(self):
        """Return the current my_zone zone id"""
        return self._ac["myZone"]

async def set_myzone_id(self, my_zone_id):
        """Set the MyZone ID"""
        await self.async_change({self.ac_key:{"info":
                                                  {"myZone":my_zone_id}
                                              }
                                 })

In this case the myzone id is a integer that ranges based on the number of zones for that ac

However it may be better to transalte from the zone names.

Hey @Narimm, as code owner of this integration I wasn’t even notified as far as I can tell about your request. So sorry for the delay.

I would be more than happy to implement this for you. I’ll update my dev environment tomorrow and get a pull request raised.

So I’m adding a service where you can set the zone climate entity as the MyZone. This intentionally will exclude zone cover entities since I believe you must have a temperature sensor for it to be a MyZone.

However, how do you think I should tell the user which zone is currently the MyZone? Options are:

Numeric Attribute on the main climate entity
Boolean Attribute on the zone climate entity
Sensor with the numeric or name of the MyAir zone
Boolean Sensor for each zone climate entity.

I have so far avoided attributes and would set any new sensors as disabled by default, so am leaning towards one of the last two. The Boolean Sensor seems the most consistent.

You are dead right you cant actually use MyZone unless you have Temp sensors. As far as I can tell the MyZone function simply tells the system which zone to use as the set point. The other thing I just realized might be helpful to know is constant zones. They are listed in the main ac config. The reason they are important is that they are auto switched on if the pressure inside the unit builds up. In my case its Zone 1 and Zone 2 as above.

As far as what type on sensor for both the constant and myzone its should be a boolean sensor I agree

So I have a PR raised with the service. I’ll try sneak the Boolean sensors in now.

@Narimm this PR has finally been merged, so it should end up in the the 2021.05 or 2021.06 release.

My system has MyZone capability, controllable from the eZone tablet - but I cannot see any functionality on the entities in HA - how do I use this please?

@Swallowtail do you have the advantage_air.set_myzone service? You can call that with the Climate entity you want to be the new MyZone.

EDIT: They recently added the “select” entity, so I may change this implementation to that instead of a service. This would make it easier to use.

Yes, I found it and worked it out… :slight_smile:

I have this for each zone:

- type: button
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: advantage_air.set_myzone
      service_data: {}
      target:
        entity_id: climate.main_living
    entity: binary_sensor.main_living_myzone
    show_state: false
    show_icon: true
    name: Living
    icon_height: 30px
    show_name: false

I have raised a PR to add a select entity that will make this significantly easier to change.

1 Like