Aeon home energy monitor

Thanks I’ve already did that. But nothing has changed :frowning:

Do you have grid tied solar panels?

No nothing that would generate any electricity.

Check configuration parameter 2, that’s the one that enables/disabled net metering. You want it set to the first option called “Power”.

1 Like

Yea thanks, I changed this parameter when the issue had started to keep data consistency I believe it’s absolute value instead of algebraic sum however this will only a temporary solution.
I need to find out the real source of this problem.

Usually negative values mean the clamps are backwards.

So I have had one of these I never put in… and finally got around to it… it is the old DSB09104-ZWUS… I updated the firmware and I am getting values for a bunch once I realized most of the parameters were disabled… (or at least on such a long interval I wasn’t going to see anything anytime soon)… but can anyone help me make sense of all of these entities? The are pretty much all named the same some with a (2) or _2 … from what I can gather the first values would be the total and the next ones below would be the individual from each clamp? It seems to be the total of the 2… also if trying to use home assistants energy stuff, which one of these would I pick? like a total consumption one or the constantly updating value? Sorry if dumb I haven’t used the new energy stuff at all.

So for these meters you get readings from Clamp 1, Clamp 2, and the total Clamp 1+2.

The marketing and product box for this item promotes that you can plug it in and power it from a nearby socket.

They show that approach in the manual for the US 110v version , but for the UK/EU 230v version it suggests it has to be hard wired into the main consumer unit ?

As I have a socket right next to the consumer unit? Please could someone explain why I can’t connect the power cable to a UK plug and power it, rather than get an electrician to hardwire it?

Although I use one of these in the U.S., I can’t speak with authority about the UK/EU, but looking at the diagram from Aeotec, if you have a single phase system and you can identify which side of the UK plug is “neutral” versus “live”, as well as being able to add the clamp to a “live” wire, then you should be able to add/wire your own plug to the UK/EU based HEM.

Hi. I’am using Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Z-Wave.Me Razberry daughtercard. In my case the solution to the problem of values not updating automatically was to assign Lifeline group (which is Group 1) to the DSB28 meter as follows.

This can be done in http://your-address:8091/ z-wave configuration panel. This way the DSB28 meter is correctly sending Group 1 updates to the z-wave controller (NodeID_1). Frequency and values sent in reports can be configured in the same panel (Configuration section of the DSB28 node). Be sure to set the parameter [14-112-0-3] Selective Reporting to “0 Disable”

Enable reporting of values in Report: Group 1 and configure frequency parameter (eg 30 sec.)
[14-112-0-111] Automatic Reporting Interval: Group 1

1 Like

Thank you! Getting my DSB09104 working again has been on my list for a long time and today I decided to try to follow the rabbit hole (and probably fail after hours of searching :wink: ). This was only the 3rd thread I found and lo and behold, your method worked!

Now who would have ever thought to A) use a Group, B) use the “Lifeline” group, and c) know where to assign it to? I love this platform but so much of the necessary information is lost in the minutia… so crazy!

OK so for those who also are using a Z-Stick as their primary Z-wave interface to your controller (in my case a NUC), you’ll want to select that as your “Target Node” (the third dropdown menu that shows up after you select the Lifeline Group).

Also, - and this wasn’t entirely clear for me after reading the above post - you need to get into the “Configuration v1” section of the config and for each “Automatic Report: Group 1” section select “[1] Enable” and hit the little “send” icon. This ensures each of these values gets sent at the frequency set in the “[15-112-0-111] Report Interval (Group 1)” entry. I set mine to 30 seconds fwiw.

I am relatively new to home assistant so I apologize if I am misunderstanding something but I have tried the steps mentioned above, setting everything from 6-112-0-101-1 to 6-112-0-101-8192 to 1 (except Clamp 3 because my unit does not have a third clamp,) setting the interval to multiple values (1,10,30,60) as well as in groups setting the endpoint to 0, group to Lifeline, Node to NodeID_1 and target endpoint to none but I am not getting any updates from my energy monitor. My energy monitor is the DSB09104 purchased in 2017 with the most recent firmware (3.67) using a Zooz 700 Series ZST10 as my adapter.

It would seem that it was able to report once when the network was first set up but then afterwards completely stopped reporting. I am able to ping it and have it respond but other than that it is not sending any data what so ever to home assistant. I am not sure what else to do to troubleshoot the issue as I am still new to home assistant. I will say that it was semi working in smartthings but was missing some of the features.

Ever figure this out?

I have one of these units was a gift from a friend and got around to installing it on a couple EV charge outlets…I can set it up and it works…until I take a power hit and it stops reporting until I set it back up again.

Its almost like its not properly saving the configuration