Aeotec Z-Stick Gen 5 upgrade to Z-Stick 7

Make sure your controller’s region is set properly. You can change it from the control panel, under the controller node’s entry.

1 Like

I cant do it because every time it goes back to Undefined. Tried to do it manualy by exporting the NVM, converting it to json and editing - then flashing again. No luck. I’m out of ideas. I think i read every forum and found no working solution

What version of firmware did you upgrade to?

Z-stick 7 → 7.18.1

Im atttempting the same thing and get the same problems.

Please find these logs, if it helps?

2022-12-08 15:39:06.834 INFO Z-WAVE: Calling api setRFRegion with args: [ 0, [length]: 1 ]
2022-12-08T15:39:06.871Z CNTRLR The controller response indicated failure after 1/3 attempts. Scheduling next
try in 100 ms.
2022-12-08T15:39:06.984Z CNTRLR The controller response indicated failure after 2/3 attempts. Scheduling next
try in 1100 ms.
2022-12-08 15:39:08.145 INFO Z-WAVE: Success zwave api call setRFRegion false

I Finaly migrated my ZWAVE Aeotec z-stick 5 to the Aeotec z-stick 7
I tried it several times without any succes, until yesterday!

Yesterday it suddenly all worked…

I took following steps…

1 created a FULL backup of homeassistant.
zwave-js-ui: 8.10.1
zwave-js: 10.11.1
2 updated the firmware to FW: v7.19.1 SDK: v7.19.1
3 added the 7 stick to my raspberry next to the 5
4 created a NVM backup of the ZWAVE network
5 disabled WS-server under options → homeassistant (ZWAVE JS UI)
6 switched to the 7 stick in ZWAVE JS UI
7 restored the NVM backup from step 4 to the 7 stick
8 All my nodes came back and were still allive…
9 Monitored the system that everyting worked…
10 Under debug you can see the nodes that use lots of traffic, under the options of the specific device
i changed the energy report of those devices to report not so much which helps allot in traffic.
11 Enabled WS-server under options → homeassistant (ZWAVE JS UI)

Has been a day now and still works pretty good, NO dead nodes sofar and running smoothly. Watching the traffic and all looks still oke. Best I’ve had with the 7 stick…

Just for your info.

9 Likes

Just migrated my Zstick 5 to 7 by first migrating from ZWJS to ZWJS-UI (using this article: Switching Z-Wave JS Addons with Minimal Downtime! Z-Wave JS (Official) to Z-Wave JS UI (Community) ) and then following this message to migrate stick 5 to stick 7. Worked like a charm from the 1-st attempt. Thanks a lot for your info!

2 Likes