Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 ZW090 New Firmware Update

Anyone that can supply the files needed for upgrading my gen5 stick, prefferable the EU files.

Is the 1.0.1 FW available on-line? According to zwavejs2mqtt my gen5 zw090 is on 1.0.

Mine is version 1 so may not be able to be upgraded to 1.01? The information online is confusing. Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 V1.01 firmware update. (Z-Wave SDK version updated to V6.51.10 ) - Home Automation - openHAB Community

if anyone has the 1.02 FW please let us know, would like to upgrade to S2 on my locks as wellā€¦

i have the firmware and guide for v1.02 if you want, please PM me your email adress

2 Likes

PMā€™ed you just now.

Sent you a PM

Does anyone knows how to disable Green/Yellow LED on Firmware 1.02 ?
It was possible to disable ā€œdisco lightā€ on the older FW, but the same command has no action on this new firmware.

Do you have the US firmware files?

I have 1.02 EU only version on my side .
My ZW090 Gen5 display this in HA Now.

FW: v1.2
SDK: v6.7.0
2 Likes

Hi Minims
Would you send me the hex files by MP ?
Many thanks !

Hi Prilly
would you send me the FW by MP ?
thanks !

Files and guides for all versions can be downloaded here: MyCloud - hisp.no

Please be aware that there are a reason aeotec pulled this version, it is very easy to brick your stick performing this upgrade. I also have to say that using this upgrade will voide any warranty of the stick.

This version is needed if you want to migrate gen5 to gen7 stick by using zwavejs NVM export/import with conversion. if this is what you need please upgrade, for anything else dont update your stick.

3 Likes

Yes the US and AU is in the zip folder.

I am trying to update my US Zstick Gen 5 1.1 to 1.2, but after clicking the ā€˜Updateā€™ button on the Update Tool, a dialog popup asking me to ā€˜Press Reset Buttonā€™. What should I do?

does anyone still have the us 1.2 firmware? Iā€™m on 1.0 didnā€™t realize there was on. and would like to update. but the links at aeotec are dead.

I have the same problem. No possibility to find a working link.

guess i didnā€™t look close enough, someone posted it 2 post above mine

Thanks, did the update work for you?

I think this is very bad from Aeotec.

Note that although sharing the firmware here is a kind gesture, in general letting people download the firmware from non-trusted sources is very very bad practice.
Aeotec should be aware of this, and just provide the official files.
I sent them an email, but unfortunately no response yet.

Is this also true for any newer Aeotec products? Or is their service and support normally better?
(Since it will make me wonder if I should buy any new Aeotec products.)

I provided the download, its the same archive aeotec provided me with. Files are good