After update to 0.108.9 most of pages not loading

I’m running hass.io on docker environment and after updating to 0.108.9 from 0.106.2 earlier today I cannot access most of the panels anymore.

Overview is working and entities show states fine. Map, Logbook, History, Notifications and “user page” are not loading - only spinning circle appears on the screen no error messages, only ring keeps spinning on the screen no matter how long I wait.

I can also access Developer Tools page but States, Services, Template, Events and MQQT panels are not loading (same spinning circle).

Try force refresh your browser. Like CTRL+F5

I’ll add my report that I find pretty much exactly the same as you do @Kryzek I amd also on docker environment on a QNAP NAS in Container Station although for me it was in 0.108.8 after updating from my previous fallback position of 0.107.7. I had previously tried moving to 0.108.1 but found that when I tried to load the Dev Tools…or Configuration…nothing loaded. (see original post here).

Oh, I must report that as far as I could see all my modbus entities were working in .0.108.8 though.

Due to my workload here I was forced to just fallback to 0.107.7 for now and wait to see what is ahead for 0.108.xx? It seems to me that this 0.108.xx series has been a failed excercise though so maybe I’ll just wait until 0.109.xx proves itself or not?

Could not get pages to load with shift-reload (refresh caches) or even trying with another browser.

Restored to earlier version from snapshot just before update and everything works like it did before.

1 Like

I too am having issues with various pages not loading beyond 0.108.x. History often says ‘Loading state history…’ and that’s it. Other pages like Developer Tools and Supervisor randomly just display nothing. The only way to get it back is to close the browser tab and open it again. Tried CTRL + F5 numerous times but this does not help. Happening on FF and Chrome. Might have to roll back to 107 to try if others are saying that works. Running HassOS 3.13 on Intel NUC.

Clear your browser cache.

Done that several times but I’ll have another go. I created a new database 30 mins ago but that’s not helping either.

Cleared the browser cache. Here is the sign the something is not right. This has been happening most recently but I don’t know if it was after 0.108.x or 0.109.x as the LL page is new.

2020-05-02_23-36-48
All of my sensors fail to load.

Roll back to 0.107.7 was the only thing that ever worked for me right thru 0.108.xx and 0.109.xx

Thanks. Sadly, I might have to do that too.

1 Like

I’m trying to get to the bottom of this and would appreciate it if you could share whether you have any of the same custom integrations I have that may be contributing to the issue?
Integrations:

HACS

Plugins:

• Bar Card
  • button-card
  • Canvas Gauge Card
  • Custom Header
  • Mini Graph Card

It seems that any GUI item that needs to draw a graph (relying on my recorder history) is causing my problem. Don’t know why the recorder history is taking so long to load so trying another SSD today. I switched my MariaDB add-on to a local HA database and this made no difference.

Lastly, any issues rolling back to 0.107.7 I need to be aware of?

1 Like

Hi @xbmcnut

I don’t use HACS

My install is HA Core in a docker on QNAP NAS

I did still have the Bar Card listed as a resource in ui-lovelace.yaml but have just removed that.
None of those other custom integrations are used.

Fallback to 0.107.7 was painfree but it’s very easy using docker as all I have to do is stop the troublesome container and restart the 0.107.7 container.

Thanks for the feedback. Trying a new SSD and clean install now and will build up resources to see if I can see where the problems start.

1 Like

Glad to help and I hope you can find the answers to what is going on. Good luck!

Me too! Driving me bloody nuts. Here is my history page where it’s been loading for >10 mins!

1 Like

Whatever these problems are they appear to be in HA itself I believe. I run one only custum component and a reasonably small list of core integrations anyway.

This is the list of Integrations here developer-tools/info

alexa Documentation Issues
apcupsd Documentation Issues
api Documentation Issues
auth Documentation Issues
automation Documentation Issues
binary_sensor Documentation Issues
cloud Documentation Issues
config Documentation Issues
coronavirus Documentation Issues
default_config Documentation Issues
device_automation Documentation Issues
frontend Documentation Issues
group Documentation Issues
history Documentation Issues
homeassistant Documentation Issues
http Documentation Issues
influxdb Documentation Issues
input_boolean Documentation Issues
input_datetime Documentation Issues
input_number Documentation Issues
input_select Documentation Issues
input_text Documentation Issues
light Documentation Issues
logbook Documentation Issues
lovelace Documentation Issues
map Documentation Issues
mobile_app Documentation Issues
modbus Documentation Issues
mqtt Documentation Issues
nest Documentation Issues
notify Documentation Issues
onboarding Documentation Issues
panel_iframe Documentation Issues
persistent_notification Documentation Issues
person Documentation Issues
recorder Documentation Issues
script Documentation Issues
search Documentation Issues
sensor Documentation Issues
ssdp Documentation Issues
stream Documentation Issues
stt Documentation Issues
sun Documentation Issues
switch Documentation Issues
system_health Documentation Issues
system_log Documentation Issues
telegram_bot Documentation Issues
tts Documentation Issues
updater Documentation Issues
utility_meter Documentation Issues
webhook Documentation Issues
websocket_api Documentation Issues
zeroconf Documentation Issues
zone Documentation Issues

Thanks for that. Seems there are some ‘recorder’ based issues that may be relevant to what I’m experiencing?

FYI, NMVe SSD made no difference albeit somewhat faster than the previous SSD.

1 Like

And that was a fresh install but using your existing config?

Nailed it!!! Problem is to do with multiple Lovelace dashboards and the Synology Surveillance Station integration. If I remove the SSS integration and restart, the GUI is fully responsive and never falters and the graphs all load instantly and present their states history in <1 second. If I add back in cameras using the generic method, the GUI still loads perfectly and the graphs all respond as they should.

If I remove all dashboards expect for the default one, things are also a lot snappier and graphs load instantly. I’m now going to test the SSS integration with just one dash and see if it will work like that.

UPDATE: Adding in generic cameras also causes a problem when displaying on secondary dashboards.

1 Like