After update to iOS/ipadOS 15.5 problems with editing dashboard

I updated my devices to 15.5 two days ago, since then I have problems with editing the dashboard.
When I try to add an entity e.g. to the entity card, I do see the drop down menu to select an entity, however it’s impossible to actually select any.
It always used to be a little bit problematic to select something an iOS devices, (not only for the dashboard editing) as sometimes the Dropdown-Menü menu disappeared when trying to click on it, however with a little bit ‚sensitiveness‘ it worked.
Now it’s impossible to select an entity when editing the dashboard, it just doesn’t react, I even can’t scroll the Dropdown-Menu.
It does work otherwise, e.g. in automations, problem is only within editing the dashboard.
Hope that can be fixed soon.

I have one iPad, that I didn’t updated, so I can confirm it still works under iPadOS 15.4

I still have that to come. Oh man. That’s something to look forward to…

I think the best way is to raise an issue against the frontend:

You are right, must be a frontend issue, I thought it’s related to the App, but when I login through Safari, it’s the same issue, also with chrome and with DuckDuckGo browser. So I will open a bug report

Have a look at this topic. Same problem with a solution.

Well not really a solution, more a workaround, another workaround is to edit in yaml, but that also doesn’t solve it.
I hope somebody will take care of this, for me it’s a bug in the frontend

1 Like

It’s exactly the same problem I’m having after updating my iPad 9th gen to version 15.5. It doesn’t matter if I do it with the companion app, in Safari, in Chrome or in Edge, the problem is still there. And it’s not only when choosing an entity, the same problem occurs when selecting an icon, it’s impossible to select something from the drop down menu. In the best case you will end up selecting what is in the UI under the drop down menu.
On my mom’s iPad, an iPad Air 2 that hasn’t been updated yet (iPadOS 14.8.1) everything works as normal.
And it doesn’t matter if I use an external keyboard and mouse or if I do it directly on the iPad screen, there is no way to be able to select an entity or an icon from the drop down menu.

I opened an issue for the frontend

So far no reaction and nobody assigned.
Maybe it’s worth to leave your comment there as well, it’s really sad

1 Like

Hi folks,

I’m also having the same behaviour, meaning:

iPad
iPhone
MacBook and all of them to the most recent version

I had this in the Brave browser a few days ago and raised an issue someone then responded a chrome update broke it there as well. b2 of 2022.6 fixed it. It was a frontend issue.

1 Like

Thank you David. Totally forgot to check the App Store. After updating Chrome browser it is working again.