Air condition dry mode support, Homebridge style

Preface this by saying I’m new to HA so it might be obvious how to do this, but I’ve searched forums and can’t find anything except old posts with no solutions.

I’m using a Daikin air conditioner with Dry (dehumidifier) mode. It appears and works in Home Assistant. I would like to have it appear in HomeKit / the Home app on iOS. I am using the HomeKit Bridge integration and can see the air conditioner but only with Off/Heat/Cool/Auto. If I use Home Assistant to switch on Dry mode, Home reports the air conditioner being in Cool mode (which isn’t ideal).

My understanding is that HomeKit doesn’t have a ‘Dry’ mode to map to per this post from 2021. However, prior to starting with Home Assistant, I used Homebridge as a way to get my air conditioner appearing in Home. The approach in Homebridge is to
(i) specify in Homebridge that ‘fan’ is ‘dry’ rather than just fan
(ii) use the fan power slider in Home to start up the dehumidifier.

The end result that I’m after is to be able to say “Hey Siri, switch on the fan” and have the air conditioner come on in Dry mode. (One day I’d potentially just set an automation so that Dry mode starts if humidity hits some level, but I’d like to have the verbal manual option too.)

Is there some way to achieve this in Home Assistant?

Hard to know what you want. On the one hand you say it works, then you ask how to mske it work.

Sorry if it wasn’t clear. I can use the a/c as expected (i.e. I can activate dry mode) in Home Assistant, but not in Home (the iOS app). It’s as though the HomeKit bridge integration doesn’t provide a mapping from Dry mode in HA into anything in Home.