Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

Hi,

I have a separate automation pushing to MQTT for each area using a state change as the trigger. I don’t like doing it this way but don’t know if there is any other?!!

- id: '1612621011144'
  alias: Airtouch 2 MQTT - Kitchen
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: climate.kitchen
    attribute: current_temperature
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: "{{ trigger.from_state and\n   trigger.to_state.attributes.current_temperature\
      \ !=\n   trigger.from_state.attributes.current_temperature }}\n"
  action:
  - service: mqtt.publish
    data:
      topic: cbus/write/0/0/1/measurement
      payload_template: '{{ state_attr(''climate.kitchen'', ''current_temperature'')
        }}'
  mode: single

Tim

Thanks Timbo - what i ended up doing was setting up an automation and having the values pushed every minute to my MQTT broker and then consumed by NR

I have setup a trigger node so if i do not get any values for 5 minutes then i raise an alarm to let me know something might be wrong.

Once i have them to NR i have been sending them through the Smooth node and taking a rolling 10 minute average

Craig

I used to use the XIaomi temp and humidity sensors in each room for monitoring temperatures from my hydronic heating system - once we got Airtouch and the zone dampers for each room it made more sense to use the ITCs.

I guess you could use the Xiaomi like i did (I ran Tasmota on an ESP32 to gather their data - but you could just as easily use ESPhome) - you would then need a way to command the dampers to open and close to keep within the temperature requirements for each room.

Craig

1 Like

Yep I use the Xiaomi sensors which connect to an ESP32 running ESPhome. They work great. I have seven of them. I haven’t automated much based on them yet. I’ve only gone so far as to activate a scene if my sons bedroom is hotter than a certain temp in the evening. That scene then cools his room down for bedtime. It’s useful as we live downstairs with big sliding doors and windows open so remain quite cool compared to the upstairs bedrooms. Plan on doing more automating in the future when I have some spare time.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the AirTouch API makes available the power consumption of the system?

Also, I saw some super work by @tonymyatt in integrating AirTouch 3 where he also exposes the battery levels of the ITCs. Does anyone know if that could be added to the AirTouch 4 integration?
https://github.com/tonymyatt/airtouch3api

Looking at the protocol spec for the AirTouch4, there does not appear to be any allowance for reporting power consumption to the client. Partly I suspect is that only some AC manufactures (Daikin the only one I know of) that make that data available.

I also had a look at the Group status message, and it seems to report a battery status of normal or low. So conceivably it could be exposed to HA either as an attribute on the zone, or as a seperate binary_sensor per zone. Unfortunately not something I personally have time to look into, but it is there in the API.

I’ve just migrated my HA install from SD card to SSD and it went smooth as silk except for the Airtouch integration. It was not working and this has happened several times before after a HA restart so I disabled the Integration and tried to Enable it but it does not enable. There are no error messages - it just does nothing. Is there somewhere else I can look for logs? Any ideas?

@mihailescu2m (or anyone else), do you know if it’s possible to change the spill zone settings through the AirTouch API? As @smitcoracing said, they’re being a bit problematic with keeping temperatures in all zones right.

Love it, thanks for your contribution, I’ve been using it for a couple of months.

Something seems to have changed with the text-element definition that’s thrown the measurements off now though. Maybe the text width. Looks fine on a PC but the zone names are scrambled on an iPhone.

Anybody else noticing that the set points in HomeAssistant don’t update when you control from the panel?

Mine do, certainly when the system is running anyway. I’ve noticed that when the system is off the ITC temperatures stop updating (potentially after some delay) until you perform some AT4 related action in HA and then everything seems to resync.

I have this exact same issue :-/

I am having also this issue :slight_smile: so I will have a look.
I’ve been working in the meantime on a nice mushroom card, see attached…

Living - shows ITC enabled with current and |-> target temperature
Robert - shows ITC enabled but zone disabled (with current temperature)
Master - shows ITC disabled, with damper set at 50% (with current temperature from ITC)
Alex - no ITC, shows zone status with damper status
ITC-enabled zones show colored icons with the AC state, not ITC will default to the A/C fan icon.

1 Like

Have been trying out mihailescu2m integration and am getting it lock up after an hour or two, all of the data freezes and any attempts to turn zones on/off or change temperatures just rubber band back to the frozen value. The only way I have found to get it back up and running is to reload the integration.

My log is just filling up with reconnecting errors once I try to interact with the system once frozen.

2022-06-22 09:30:21 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Error sending message! Retry in 5 seconds...

2022-06-22 09:30:26 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Error sending message! Retry in 5 seconds...

2022-06-22 09:30:31 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Error sending message! Retry in 5 seconds...

2022-06-22 09:30:36 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Error sending message! Retry in 5 seconds...

2022-06-22 09:30:41 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Error sending message! Retry in 5 seconds...

Any one else hit this problem?

I am also seeing some disconnection issues, however only with the server on my NAS.
When running the server on my laptop, I can’t reproduce them. So I suspect the issues coming either from some HomeAssistant framework, or different python versions. Annoying to debug…

Interestingly, just adding debug messages results in no more issues for me, but further testing is required …

I occasionally get the integration failing to connect on a HA restart, but once its connected its rock solid. I am running the whole Supervised HassOS (on a nuc).

I have pushed version 1.3, please update and see how it’s working.

After update, entity names will change so you will need to update your cards as well. I’ve added the entity type in the name, so instead of climate.<zone> and fan.<zone> the names are now climate.itc_<zone> and fan.damper_<zone>.
Integration name was also changed from AirTouch 4 to AirTouch 4 (PUSH) so it’s easier to distinguish.

I’ve also added lots of debug messages. If you are still having errors, let me know in the Github issues page with a paste from your log. Before, set the integration logging level to debug and enable the python debug messages in configuration.yaml, like this:

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    custom_components.polyaire: debug
debugpy:

Thanks for this integration, it’s super helpful and works well! Good to hear about connection improvements and more debug messages, I do get fairly regular errors where it disconnects / reconnects but one of the commands in my automation is lost.

One thing isn’t working quite the same, that’s using damper mode. Here’s the actions I’ve been using successfully in the past. When I run this with v1.3 it doesn’t change to ITC mode, if I manually switch to ITC mode in the Airtouch app it doesn’t change the current damper percentage.

action:
  - service: fan.turn_on
    data:
      preset_mode: Damper
    target:
      entity_id:
        - fan.guest
        - fan.living
        - fan.master

- service: fan.turn_on
    data:
      percentage: 25
    target:
      entity_id:
        - fan.guest

Here’s some messages I’m getting in the logs. I haven’t work out what this correlates with, but it doesn’t appear immediately when I run the actions above.

2022-06-24 10:16:35 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Message received with unknown header!
2022-06-24 10:17:13 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Message received with unknown header!
2022-06-24 10:18:05 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Message received with expected header!

I know there’s a new damper entity but I’m not sure how to get it into damper mode. This action doesn’t seem to do anything.

service: fan.turn_on
data:
  percentage: 50
target:
  entity_id: fan.damper_master

Can anyone help with damper mode in v1.3?

Replace “fan.guest” with “fan.damper_guest”, “fan.master” with “fan.damper_master” etc in the code you shared

1 Like