Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

I tend to just set the cooling / heating to maximum, and control the on / off through node-red.

I am not yet using the integration (new build coming next year with airtouch) but I do something similar for my current aircon (Intesisbox on a daikin ducted) using an iotawatt power monitor on the aircon circuit. There are distinct power and pf (power factor) for the running state of the internal and external units.
From that I can tell if the inverter is running, the fan speeds etc.

Is anyone else getting a lot of connection errors? When they happen it doesnā€™t retry, so for example this morning the heat didnā€™t turn on. In some of my automations I repeat commands twice to increase the changes they work.

Iā€™ve had 36 of these in the past three days.

home-assistant.log:2022-09-13 05:02:00.145 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Connection error in receiver!
home-assistant.log:2022-09-13 09:01:09.972 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Connection error in receiver!
home-assistant.log:2022-09-13 14:30:00.081 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Connection error in receiver!
home-assistant.log:2022-09-13 16:58:00.047 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] Connection error in receiver!
grep "Connection error in receiver" home-assistant.log | wc -l

New here, New to HA & this Push integration. FWIW I donā€™t see any ā€œConnection error in receiverā€ in my HA log. But I also donā€™t have any automatons yet.

I do have a question on ā€˜turboā€™, Can I turn it on from HA? I have figured out how to turn it off (service call on ITC service climate.set_hvac_mode set to auto) but I am stumped on the how to turn it back on bit. Any ideas?

The error happens for me when I use a dashboard to change modes / temperatures and during automations. I might have to look at the code and see if I can work out some retry functionality rather than throwing errors. My python skills are somewhat basic, but Iā€™ve been writing computer code for 30+ years so I can probably manage :slight_smile:

I can confirm seeing quite a few "Connection error in receiver" errors. I recently restarted HA so I canā€™t tell if there are certain automations/ triggers that cause the error to pop up.

Donā€™t suppose anyone knows when the AirTouch4 firmware update Marian mentioned might be coming?

Iā€™ve got the latest firmware installed since past couple of days on request to support as the app would crash every other day.
The app does not seem to crash anymore but the error ā€œConnection error in receiverā€ still persists. I have noticed the WIFI connectivity would actually drop on the tablet constantly until woken up so now I am testing having the display always on.

What I am noticing now (with display always on) it actually updates real time any change on the tablet and it is snappier.

Hope this is it.

Hereā€™s the stack trace Iā€™m seeing. ā€œConnection Reset by Peerā€ seems to be the root cause of the problem. Itā€™s on this line of code below.

while self.connected:
  try:
    while msg := await self._read_msg(): # This one

I think that the Airtouch has a long lived connection to HA. My best guess, given this happens on multiple installations, is that the Airtouch has some kind of a bug that cuts the network connection off. This usually happens for me when automation or the app sends a command to the Airtouch.

I understand the general idea of asynchronous communications but my Python is somewhat rusty. When I get time I am considering forcing a reconnect at some point - perhaps if the connection has been idle for a while, or maybe even before every command, though that would be inefficient. If anyone has good Python knowledge Iā€™d be interested in thoughts.

2022-09-24 13:15:44.440 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/polyaire/airtouch4.py", line 144, in _receive
    while msg := await self._read_msg():
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/polyaire/airtouch4.py", line 105, in _read_msg
    header = await self._reader.readexactly(6)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/asyncio/streams.py", line 723, in readexactly
    await self._wait_for_data('readexactly')
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/asyncio/streams.py", line 517, in _wait_for_data
    await self._waiter
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 856, in _read_ready__data_received
    data = self._sock.recv(self.max_size)
ConnectionResetError: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

I have PTRG pinging from my PC to my Airtouch regularly, itā€™s been running for a few months now. Iā€™m seeing a small amount of packet loss - not much, maybe 0.5% at most. The packet loss to other WiFi devices on the network is negligible - itā€™s not quite zero but itā€™s pretty close. That suggests the problem is the Airtouch, not the Wireless network. I emailed Polyaire about this, but I didnā€™t get a reply, which is about usual for them.

Just an update,
14 hrs later Airtouch4 is is still connected to HA.
It would previously disconnect every few hours and I had to reload the integration.

@mihailescu2m With the latest HA updates itā€™s losing the connection to AirTouch 4 every 15 minutes like clockwork.

Is anyone else seeing this? Anything I can do?

Thanks.

@spry-salt Iā€™m not seeing it happening regularly like that. I see it happen when automations run or I use the HA app.

Iā€™m using Airtouch App v1.3.3, Main Module 1.1.0.0, Hardware 1.0.0.0, HA 2022.9.5.

2022-09-24 13:15:44.438 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-25 08:00:00.084 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-26 05:02:00.170 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-26 08:00:05.039 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-26 14:30:00.103 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-26 16:00:00.088 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-26 16:29:12.777 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-26 16:39:09.926 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-26 16:58:00.077 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-26 17:19:38.713 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2022-09-27 05:02:00.123 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.polyaire.airtouch4] [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Iā€™m running OS 8.5 with HA 2022.9.6 on Raspberry Pi 3 and Iā€™m not seeing any disconnects in my log. My ACs run pretty well 24/7 (often just the internal unit) as I work from home. I had previously seen ITC temps failing to update when the system was off though but not sure if thatā€™s the same issue youā€™re seeing.

Try setting the display to not turn off. I had the same thing, no disconnects now in the past couple of days.

Thanks everyone. It might have been an interaction with another addon, Iā€™m gradually eliminating them.

@mcvicthor is there any chance you could send me the beta firmware you have? If anything the disconnects seem to be getting worse. I have HA send me an email every time thereā€™s an error in the log, and Iā€™m getting about 8 - 15 disconnects a day. When this happens it doesnā€™t execute the command that itā€™s meant to.

Has anyone tried the built in Airtouch4 integration? Does it give you similar control of dampers?

@tomwaldnz It was an over the air push. I actually just got a new version pushed today, check the panel for a new version.

No update for me :frowning: Whatā€™s your console version?

I have Airtouch App v1.3.3, Main Module 1.1.0.0, Hardware 1.0.0.0, HA 2022.9.5.

Mineā€™s Console 1.3.3, Main Module 2.1.0.2.
No update available when I checked just now.

1 Like

I got 1.4.1 / 2.1.0.2.
I guess itā€™s worth calling support to have them push the new update.

1 Like