Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

Sam

I have downloaded the updated files [4dbe291] - and so far it all appears to be working smoothly, albeit with only a few hours running and no running of the aircon yet. I am just using it to monitor room temps so far.

I’ll keep an eye on the console performance.

Long gestation.

OK - Update core-2021.8.7 seems to have broken it.

Won’t load and I can’t see any reference in the main logs - other than the usual “not an authorised integration” warning.

Tried some of the earlier code that worked before the core update and still doesn’t work.

I deleted everything and tried to reinstall - it would not accept the ip address when trying to install the integration.

False alarm - maybe.

I had an instance of HA running on the tablet that runs Airtouch and something in that conflicted with the Airtouch app. As soon as I uninstalled the HA app, Airtouch came back.

I then rolled back to a 2021.8.6 snapshot and then tried 2021.8.7 again and it is working as expected.

EDIT:
Am I reading Github right? The integration has passed all the tests? (I never really know how to follow the steps on Github).

Thanks for the effort Sam. I wish I had the skills to help.

Ah yep - still going

Thanks Steve! It looks like it is passing the tests now which is wonderful, it looked like a really disgusting issue before but it seems to have been fixed in a more recent version of HA. I’ve spent some time today addressing the latest round of issues in the PR, and also the laggy tablet issue hopefully (thanks sibowler for the contribution!) and also have a bonus surprise… on the branch airtouch4-integration-percentages branch, I’ve done an early prototype of what the damper control solution would probably look like (aka, you can set your zones by percentage!) - thanks sibowler for giving me a headstart with the api implementation! Let me know what you guys think - its tough to work out how to describe the airtouch damper/climate control system in home assistant, and im definitely open to ideas from anyone

1 Like

I never thought this day would come!

3 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Super effort. Well done

Wow. Well done.

• Does that mean it will likely be included in the next core update?

• Do we need to remove anything from our existing systems before it is included - I have some name customisations that probably should be deleted and then re-done.

The damper percentage is a nice touch. I tend to mostly use the temperature control, but that would be handy. This is probably a bit rude given the work you are still doing, but is there any thought of including something on the spill settings? Given that would be changed only rarely, it is really only a thought.

Just on your note about “describe the airtouch damper/climate control system”, do you mean the documentation (eg README.MD) or something else? I’m happy to help with the “readme” (ex-journo).

Hey Steve,

I think it means itll be included in the next core update. Anyone with custom components will need to delete the custom component when it does come out to use the official version (any entities will be deleted and remade when you switch the official integration on)

With regards to spill settings, I’m not sure if its actually possible to set them (I’ll have to have a look at the spec) - anything protected by the installer password I’m not sure that airtouch expose to the end user via the tcp api. I can get information on which zones are currently active spills, I believe, and another thing I was looking at is potentially allowing the user to set the ‘turbo’ mode of a specific zone, which I think is also possible.

Yep the spill would be a very low priority anyway. Turbo would be good.

And on the description note you made?

What I was really saying was working out how to display/interact with the airtouch in HA is a bit difficult - HA has climate entities but they don’t really share Airtouch’s idea of you can either track the temperature or manually control the airflow - HA has two separate entity types for that, climate and cover… right now in the experimental branch above I’ve implemented the damper control as a separate entity, so each zone has two entities, a damper control and a temperature control one, and whichever one you set last will be the one that’s used… was just musing if anyone finds that super confusing and can come up with a better way to expose that, I’m very open!

It makes sense to me. I’m guessing anybody with the Airtouch setup that way is probably already aware that there are two ways to control the aircon.

There is a cheaper option that only allows the homeowner to set the damper percentage and does not use temperature. That would be the version where you don’t have a sensor/control in each room - or at least that was my recollection of the conversation with the installers.

That would mean having damper % is the only option for people who went down that route and want to use this integration.

Yeah, I’m hoping if any of those people are around they can try out the airtouch4-integration-percentages branch - ideally I’d have a toggle on the config to include the temperature controls and a toggle for the damper controls to clean it up a bit for people who only want one or the other… but hopefully at least they can get by in the interim with the experimental version on that branch

Im one of those people who doesnt have the airtouch temperature sensors. (was planning to just do everything through zigbee temperature sensors).

I am happy to test whatever is needed!

Hey @doublebishop, you should be able to follow the fairly unintuitive install process earlier up in the thread using the branch airtouch4-integration-percentages to get access to something that’ll let you control your damper percentages through HA. If you have the ability to install the most recent dev container or branch (in my HA installation, I am now using the home-assistant:dev image which as of 4 hours ago has the airtouch4 code in it), then the process will be a tiny bit simpler, as all youll need to do is go to this link DownGit, extract that folder and replace your homeassistant/components/airtouch4 with that airtouch4 folder. (In docker, that a volume mount at something like /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/airtouch4 should do it, from memory)

I have a mix, for example I have temp sensors in all bedrooms etc but use % for kitchen and garage.

I’ve just rebuilt HA so can revisit and do some testing if needed

@mycrouch please jump on the airtouch4-integration-percentages branch as well if you’re keen to try it out! if theres enough interest, I’m happy to try and take the plunge to get it added to the published integration… damper control isn’t a big deal for me, but if enough people are keen for it then happy to give it a go.

2 Likes

HA was throwing the following error with that percentages branch

2021-08-18 18:04:12 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] The custom integration ‘airtouch4’ does not have a valid version key (None) in the manifest file and was blocked from loading. See https://developers.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/01/29/custom-integration-changes#versions for more details

I added “version”: “1.0.5”, into the manifest.json

{
  "domain": "airtouch4",
  "name": "AirTouch 4",
  "config_flow": true,
  "version": "1.0.5",
  "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/airtouch4",
  "requirements": [
    "airtouch4pyapi==1.0.5"
  ],
  "codeowners": [
    "@LonePurpleWolf"
  ],
  "iot_class": "local_polling"
}

Yep that’s part of the fun you have to go through if you wanna go the custom integration route - hopefully very soon the custom component stuff can go away because you can just go over the top of the official component

Any idea how to present a Vent in HA? I see in a previous post you show Study Vent with the position slider but I’m guessing the Thermostat card doesn’t show percentage in place of the temperature