Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

If you’ve added the vents correctly they should appear in the entities tab under the integration. From there, youll need to show them in lovelace using a ‘cover’ entity card. They’re separate entities from the climate entities (potnetially something like cover.master_vent)

I’m looking at taking the generic_tempreture card and making it into a vent card like this so the two can coexist.

1 Like

That would be really cool. if it could be toggled between 1 or the other (like the AT console app) that would be even cooler!

I’m thinking one would use climate entity and the other would use cover entity

makes sense, I can imagine thatll definitely be a more straightforward custom card!

Hi Guys,

Looks like the latest round of updates have fixed the comms to the console and resulting IOS app issues. Great work!!

Re: @LonePurpleWolf 's question, I understand how we’re trying to fit a square plug in a round hole in regards to the climate and cover integration, what a pain. Here is a bit of a brain dump and some food for thought.

• I think having a toggle per zone to allow for percentage and/or temp would be fantastic. I sometimes need to game the system by using percentages - even in temp controlled zones.
    This is especially true at night when I want my room to be quiet. Turns out linear vents are loud :sleepy:
  • Assuming this dual control would work in a latest takes preference (LTP) fashion?
  • Having feedback of the damper position even in temperature mode is handy, sometimes I flip to percentage mode just to see the current open/closed damper position, from memory looking at the API this is always available. Handy and nerdy to plot this in Grafana against room temperatures, power consumption etc!
  • I can’t remember if the API has a ‘switch’ between % and temp control or if it just assumes LTP and flips mode based on that? It could be beneficial to have a switch w/feedback so we can essentially emulate the console UI in HA

There were a few errors in HA overnight which I’ll dump here. Oddly at times nothing was happening, the system remained in ‘off’ state since around 7:30PM last night.
Running your latest at4-integration-percentages branch, Home Assistant 2021.8.8

2021-08-23 18:20:56 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.airtouch4] Unexpected error fetching airtouch4 data: local variable 'dataResult' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 187, in _async_refresh
self.data = await self._async_update_data()
File "/config/custom_components/airtouch4/__init__.py", line 70, in _async_update_data
await self.airtouch.UpdateInfo()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/airtouch4pyapi/airtouch.py", line 65, in UpdateInfo
await self.SendMessageToAirtouch(message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/airtouch4pyapi/airtouch.py", line 251, in SendMessageToAirtouch
return self.TranslatePacketToMessage(dataResult)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'dataResult' referenced before assignment
2021-08-23 18:20:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 134, in _handle_refresh_interval
await self._async_refresh(log_failures=True, scheduled=True)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 265, in _async_refresh
update_callback()
File "/config/custom_components/airtouch4/cover.py", line 51, in _handle_coordinator_update
self._unit = self._airtouch.GetGroupByGroupNumber(self._group_number)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/airtouch4pyapi/airtouch.py", line 216, in GetGroupByGroupNumber
return self.groups[groupNumber];
KeyError: 0

2021-08-23 19:32:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 134, in _handle_refresh_interval
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 265, in _async_refresh
update_callback()
File "/config/custom_components/airtouch4/climate.py", line 96, in _handle_coordinator_update
return super()._handle_coordinator_update()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 325, in _handle_coordinator_update
self.async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 464, in async_write_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 498, in _async_write_ha_state
state = self._stringify_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 470, in _stringify_state
state = self.state
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 210, in state
return self.hvac_mode
File "/config/custom_components/airtouch4/climate.py", line 137, in hvac_mode
is_off = self._unit.PowerState == "Off"
AttributeError: 'AirTouchAc' object has no attribute 'PowerState'

2021-08-23 20:09:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
>> Sams as above

2021-08-24 02:53:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
>> Sams as above

2021-08-24 03:24:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
>> Sams as above

2021-08-24 03:55:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
>> Sams as above

2021-08-24 05:34:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
>> Sams as above

2021-08-24 06:18:58 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.airtouch4] Unexpected error fetching airtouch4 data: local variable 'dataResult' referenced before assignment
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 187, in _async_refresh
self.data = await self._async_update_data()
File "/config/custom_components/airtouch4/__init__.py", line 70, in _async_update_data
await self.airtouch.UpdateInfo()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/airtouch4pyapi/airtouch.py", line 65, in UpdateInfo
await self.SendMessageToAirtouch(message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/airtouch4pyapi/airtouch.py", line 251, in SendMessageToAirtouch
return self.TranslatePacketToMessage(dataResult)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'dataResult' referenced before assignment
2021-08-24 06:18:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
update_callback()
File "/config/custom_components/airtouch4/cover.py", line 51, in _handle_coordinator_update
self._unit = self._airtouch.GetGroupByGroupNumber(self._group_number)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/airtouch4pyapi/airtouch.py", line 216, in GetGroupByGroupNumber
return self.groups[groupNumber];
KeyError: 0

Cheers,
Tim

great work @LonePurpleWolf !

my vents are working and used a custom slider card.

my temp setpoint is the only thing that is not working? i dont have individual temp sensors in each room and only have 1 master setpoint. i get a failed to call service climate/set_temperature error. anyone else have this issue as well?

I tried to get it working however it looks like I will have to wait for the master to get the base airtouch code installed. The folder structure on a RPI is pretty crazy and i dont have that much knowledge about whats going on!

Do you think that the damper code will be merged before the next major release of HA?

Definitely wouldn’t count on it - I think it’ll be a follow up after the initial release. I also have no idea how long they’ll take on a PR to an existing integration… Can only hope this time is less than 12 months :slight_smile:

Roger! ill wait for the base intergration and then look to update it with the new codebase :slight_smile:
thanks so much for all your work and support Sam! if you have a donation link happy to send you some beer money!

1 Like

Yeah im getting the same error when trying to set the temperature… @LonePurpleWolf is that part of the damper code mentioned further in this chat?

If so what’s the latest release to use as will try that…

@wuism any chance you could post the code for the custom slider card?

use in vertical stack card.

• type: custom:slider-entity-row
    entity: cover.bedrooms_vent
    hide_state: false
    entity: cover.living_vent
    entity: cover.tv_room_vent
    entity: cover.master_vent

Woo Hoo It’s in 2021.9.0

That’s not showing as available to me yet, but the blog is there.

Well done Sam.

1 Like

now just to fix all the bugs that pop up!

1 Like

The update is back up - I was reading there was an issue with HA on RPi3, so they withdrew it for a fix.

I just need to go through my existing setup and remove the Airtouch manual entries, before updating.

Thanks again Sam.

Hi @LonePurpleWolf
Been using airtouch 4 via the Home Assistant plugin for a few days now and works great! no issues so far! we dont have the airtouch sensors, so its claiming its currently 154.7C in all the rooms, but that isnt an issue.

Time to start automating everything with motion sensors, temperature sensors and what not!

Thanks for all your help.

Carlo

@LonePurpleWolf great work with the integration. Set up ran wonderfully.

One thing that I believe we had in a previous release (maybe I’m imagining this) was a seperate entity for the AC unit itself. I can control individual room temps/modes but cannot actually turn on the AC unit to start working (the power button at the top left of the airtouch panel).

Also, any reason why you were prefer to use covers for the percentage based control over fan entities which now support % speeds?

Thanks again

Hey @jlich I still have a separate entity for the AC if I reads the integration, so if you don’t have one then something’s gone wrong!

Only reason is that the precedent for air conditioner dampers are covers (and dampers are a specifically listed sub-type of covers)

1 Like

@LonePurpleWolf great work with getting the integration added to HomeAssistant., everything except the temp control appears to work

Im using the default climate card in home assistant, the temp is defaulting to 15c and when attempting to change it i get a “failed to call service climate/set_temperature”

Anyone else getting a similar issue?