Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

Hey Guys,

Apologies for this really basic question, I have searched google and the forums and sadly been unable to find the answer.

Ive recently added HA to my home setup and I’ve added the integration to Airtouch 4 into Home assistant, however, the first pop-up is stumping me, it asks for the Host when trying to Setup my Airtouch 4?

Is this the Host/IP of the tablet controller? or the local host of the container it’s running on, or simply the public web URL for Airtouch?

TIA.
Cheers

Hi @dyer, it’s just the IP address of the tablet (you should be able to grab it from the Android system settings) - your HA installation needs to be on the same network as the airtouch tablet (or otherwise have port forwarding set up appropriately) - also just wanted to point out the currently available version of the plugin in home assistant only properly supports temperature control (not damper control yet) - so hopefully you have the sensor upgrade!

Hi @LonePurpleWolf! Thanks for that, I pulled the IP from the local tablet, which is connected via wifi, however as that’s through a mesh network(google nest) I think this is causing me some issues with connectivity as the server is wired to the switch/router. My networking skills are very limited, could you offer any advise on what options i might have here to try to get this working?

@dyer easiest solution would probably be to move the home assistant server or the airtouch tablet to the same network if you can. Otherwise, you would need to port forward port 9004 on your Google mesh router to your airtouch tablet, and then if you look at the settings on your switch, you should see an IP address has been assigned to your Google mesh - you can use that IP address and the port forwarding should show that as the airtouch to homeassistant.

I use Google wifi. Best is to put both the HA and Airtouch4 on the .86 internal network. The guest wifi isolates anything on that network from each other.

You can allow a guest wifi device access to a device on the internal network. But simpler you go with both on .86

@LonePurpleWolf - Thanks for this, I started investigating the same path, google wifi seems to be its own pitfall here, I enabled a wifi interface on the pfsense router and bridged them, Then got the tablet connected to the internet just fine, can also ping the tablet from a lan connected PC. However now when adding the Airtouch 4 through HA i just keep getting “Unknown error occurred” Is there a way to check these logs somewhere?

Errors should come up in the home assistant log, how that is reported will depend on how to get to/enable the logs. For me they show up in my docker container logs. I’m unsure what would cause the integration to report unknown error occurred sorry (it shouldn’t ever say that!)

Does this help at all, this is pulled from the logs inside HA.

Logger: aiohttp.server
Source: components/airtouch4/config_flow.py:29
First occurred: 9:31:09 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:31:09 AM
Error handling request

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 422, in _handle_request
    resp = await self._request_handler(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/web_app.py", line 499, in _handle
    resp = await handler(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/web_middlewares.py", line 119, in impl
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/security_filter.py", line 60, in security_filter_middleware
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/forwarded.py", line 89, in forwarded_middleware
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/request_context.py", line 24, in request_context_middleware
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/ban.py", line 78, in ban_middleware
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/auth.py", line 144, in auth_middleware
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/view.py", line 135, in handle
    result = await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/config/config_entries.py", line 155, in post
    return await super().post(request, flow_id)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/data_validator.py", line 63, in wrapper
    result = await method(view, request, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/data_entry_flow.py", line 109, in post
    result = await self._flow_mgr.async_configure(flow_id, data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 202, in async_configure
    result = await self._async_handle_step(flow, cur_step["step_id"], user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 260, in _async_handle_step
    result: FlowResult = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/airtouch4/config_flow.py", line 29, in async_step_user
    await airtouch.UpdateInfo()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/airtouch4pyapi/airtouch.py", line 65, in UpdateInfo
    await self.SendMessageToAirtouch(message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/airtouch4pyapi/airtouch.py", line 251, in SendMessageToAirtouch
    return self.TranslatePacketToMessage(dataResult)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'dataResult' referenced before assignment

Hi dyer,

That just says that 1. I have made a mistake in the error handling and 2. that home assistant can’t get to the airtouch. When you say that the airtouch can be pinged from a lan connected computer, is that the home assistant server itself? If possible I would recommend sshing onto the home assistant server itself and verifying you can ping the address. If that works, if your home assistant instance is running in a container, I would recommend jumping into a console in the container itself to see if you can ping the home assistant instance - if that doesn’t work, its something to do with the container setup (look into bridged/privileged network mode for docker containers) - if you can ping the tablet from both, the only other possible thing I can think of is that you have a password set on the local tablet? I haven’t added support for those (and I am not entirely sure they can be supported with the tcp api at all at the moment)

Heya,

So I’ve pinged the Airtouch IP from both the physical server and the docker container the HA image is being run on both to get successful replies.

PHYSICALSERVER:~# ping 192.168.2.100
PING 192.168.2.100 (192.168.2.100) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.2.100: icmp_seq=1 ttl=63 time=85.8 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.2.100: icmp_seq=2 ttl=63 time=4.44 ms
^C
--- 192.168.2.100 ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1002ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 4.437/45.113/85.789/40.676 ms
PHYSICALSERVER:~#  docker exec -it home-assistant bash
bash-5.1# ping 192.168.2.100
PING 192.168.2.100 (192.168.2.100): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.2.100: seq=0 ttl=63 time=5.166 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.2.100: seq=1 ttl=63 time=6.908 ms
^C
--- 192.168.2.100 ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 5.166/6.037/6.908 ms
bash-5.1#

No password itself is set on the tablet, unless you are talking about the installer lock? I can remove this if required(i think)

Do you know if there is any way to work this via the public internet link should I continue to have issues.

Hi dyer, if thats definitely the right IP, and you definitely have an airtouch 4, I would have to come to your house to work out whats wrong I’m afraid! I’ve triple checked, even port forwarding through another router the setup definitely works over here, so the only thing I can think of is some restrictions at the router/network level.

bugger! thanks for helping!, It’s definitely an Air touch 4, and the IP matches the ARP table and the information shown on the tablet itself. I’ll keep tinkering away in hopes I find a solution.

Hey Guys, I thought I would reply in here so anyone else struggling like I was can be sure to check that the option on the air touch controller that says “Local Access Password Protection” is not selected.

Big thanks to @LonePurpleWolf for working through the debugging with me!

Hi

I had the same error as @dyer in my logs - and the issue was my AirTouch wasn’t connecting to the router properly. I had changed WiFi channels and the tablet controller was flicking on and off the WiFi

Putting it in here in case others also have the problem

My custom card is coming along. I’ve got a mix of zones with temp sensors and just damper percentage. Working on the mode and fan and having the background change with each mode.

1 Like

That looks incredible @mycrouch - didn’t even know something like that was possible!

It’s just a custom picture card with overlays that shows data from entities and images that change based on state. So when a zone is on the image changes to on. The temp or cover data is straight from each zone.

It works well. Just trying to work out if I can get the - and + icons to do something. They can call actions but I’m trying to work out if each button press can increment a temp.

I’ve had to create my own background so it looks a bit like AirTouch.

One bit of data I can’t get is the set point. So I’ve changed the screen to have current temp.

@LonePurpleWolf I’ve just come back to HA after a long break and found this! THANK YOU!

I don’t have the ITC controllers for temp sensing so mines display 154.7c in each room (lol, no problem) but was wondering if anyone knows of a compatible/alternative third-party ITC controller? $149 each is quite a hefty sum for temp reading IMO

If you have zigbee, you could use something from xiaomi aqara like this Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee Hygrometer Temperature and Humidity Sensor Thermometer Smart Home Remote Monitor Homekit Work for Mijia APP|Smart Remote Control| - AliExpress

I do have to say that while the ITC is quite pricey, I actually think they are quite brilliant - accurate (even though the default Airtouch interface doesn’t report this, they report to .1 degree accuracy) - never had any of them drop out, and having the on/off button on the wall in each room is quite handy - if you press the button once it shows you if the zone is on or off, second press toggles it. For all its quirky deficiencies, the temperature controlled zones can work quite well as well (obviously if you use a separate device, it won’t integrate with airtouch’s default zone temperature control)

1 Like

Hah. well i came to this thread to post about the current setup I have, and here i see the exact setup I am using, recommended.

I got the Zigbee Aqara temperature sensors and they work pretty well… the only downside is that sometimes they dont update as quickly as I would want (sometimes 30min in between updates), but they will update when there is a minimum amount of temperature difference.

Anyway. I got it all hooked together to set a min and max temperature, with zones all working fine. The next phase is to bring in ‘sleep mode’, where I can set the min / max temperatures overnight, where it doesn’t get too hot and cold.

After that, I will be hooking it all in to my motion sensors, to turn rooms on / off depending on their level of activity. And then finally, hooking in our smart fans to help with air movement

All of my rules are made in NodeRed, using Javascript for custom functions and logic. Works extremely well.

Mine doesnt look as pretty as @mycrouch’s setup yet!

@LonePurpleWolf, do you have any indication whether next months HA update will include the damper patch?