Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

@TheNoctambulist @Danzel

I will message you both a revised API document.

2 Likes

As a temporary workaround I mounted the updated packet_decoder.py file in docker compose and it works perfectly

• ./packet_decoder.py:/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/airtouch5py/packet_decoder.py

The update has been paused as control 4 also has issues with the API

can i please get a copy of the API doc ?

Polyaire have posted it here

1 Like

To unblock everyone, here is a copy of the component with my current fix in:

Grab airtouch5-0.2.9.zip and extract it in to custom_components/, so you end up with custom_components/airtouch5/manifest.json.
Then restart HA.
(Or you can do what jadedfk posted above)

This will get it running again with 1.2.0
From the protocol docs I need to remove a few of the length checks, I’ll hopefully do that and submit this upstream to HA sometime this weekend.

2 Likes

Thanks Danzel, that has fixed it. Very much appreciated.

Fixed here too.

Correction - current temp of each AC Unit not showing, only set temp. Zones look OK.

Confirmed that the “current_temperature” is null on both AC units. Zone temps are OK.

Hi All,
I just got two AirTouch 5s install this afternoon, and the integration seems to be working well, but for some reason I can’t have more than 5 devices setup, even with multiple hosts.
I’ve attached a video showing the problem. (This is the same on both the custom and official integration.)
I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you for your time!
Link to video: HA AirTouch5 Problems.mp4

You only add one device, each device has its zones.
Do you have two standalone Airtouch with seperate ID’s or one Airtouch with two screens?

If you have two separate consoles each controlling their own AC (looks like you do from the video), then that is busted in HA:

I have two AirTouchs, each with their own separate Android operating systems, and their own IPs.
Thanks for the heads up Danzel, I will move to monitoring that issue for the answer!

If you have two consoles in the home connected to one main module then they are treated as one system.
You would only use the ID of one the consoles.

The two consoles should mirror each other in normal use

I can’t really tell what you have because each console will have its own ip and I can’t see the video clearly

Thanks smitcoracing, I have two AirTouch units, each controlling separate AC units. It seems like the issue that Danzel mentioned is my issue?
Edit: Also, there are different zones as well on each one, if that helps.

Possibly yes, if you use the app and you have to switch between different units then yeah they are separate…
Or if each console only shows a system each then they are separate.
It’s possible to have multiple systems with two consoles etc back to one main module is why I was asking.

Yep, just downloaded the app then, and can confirm they are separate units. Thanks so much for your help smitcoracing and Danzel, and thanks for all of the effort you put into this integration. Hope the issue gets fixed soon. Have a good night/day!

Fixed up the missing current temperature on the AC unit.

Install as noted in my message above.
Assuming no other issues are found this is what I’ll submit to HA.

I’ve released v0.8.0 of the custom integration which should address the errors there too. The update is available to download via HACS.

Let me know if you still see any issues. I haven’t been able to test on my system since Polyaire pulled the update before I could upgrade.

1 Like

Thanks for the updated docs @smitcoracing
The engineer is correct that my implementation was being overzealous with validating the message sizes in the protocol and rejected the additional fields. I’ve made some updates so that this shouldn’t happen in the future.