Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

You sure can do it that way. I have this set up so I can see a log of how much the bypass is being used:

template:
  - sensor:
    - name: "Bypass Damper"
      state:  >
          {% set living_damper = state_attr('cover.living_damper', 'current_position') if is_state('climate.living', 'fan_only') else 0 %}
          {% set kitch_fam_damper = state_attr('cover.kitch_fam_damper', 'current_position') if is_state('climate.kitch_fam', 'fan_only') else 0 %}
          {% set master_ens_damper = state_attr('cover.master_ens_damper', 'current_position') if is_state('climate.master_ens', 'fan_only') else 0 %}
          {% set spare_room_damper = state_attr('cover.spare_room_damper', 'current_position') if is_state('climate.spare_room', 'fan_only') else 0 %}
          {% set bens_office_damper = state_attr('cover.bens_office_damper', 'current_position') if is_state('climate.bens_office', 'fan_only') else 0 %}
          {% set nicks_office_damper = state_attr('cover.nicks_office_damper', 'current_position') if is_state('climate.nicks_office', 'fan_only') else 0 %}

{% set total = 100 - (living_damper + kitch_fam_damper + master_ens_damper + spare_room_damper + bens_office_damper + nicks_office_damper) %}
          {% if total < 0 %} 0 {% else %} {{ total }} {% endif %}
      unit_of_measurement: "%"
      state_class: measurement
      icon: "mdi:percent"
1 Like

Legend, I was trying to work out how to make this

This isn’t really important but I thought I would ask. Firstly, everything seems to be working very well. Secondly, when I look at the Devices, there is a broken icon instead of whatever the icon that should be there. Searching came up with nothing.

Hey @Danzel what’s happening with the integration request? I had a look (https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/98136) and it wasn’t really clear what the hold up is.

1 Like

🤷 just looks like things move slow

1 Like

Looks like nobody reviewed since Aug 22 :frowning:

Great work Nick, I used your example to calculate the bypass/spill opening in Node Red (which is where I do all my control and status if possible)

@Danzel they’re asking you for updates now. Something about fixing the merge conflicts.

Great integration.

As above, its a pain that it says “fan only” rather than “zone on”, but it seems there isn’t much that can be done about that.

I came here to add that to access the temperature sensor in the ITCs for this, use a template helper, with the following syntax (replace “kitchen” with the name of your entity). This is because the temperature is an attribute.

{{ states.climate.kitchen.attributes.current_temperature }}

Hi Mate,

I have a Toshiba rav-sp1404at-a2 with the wall unit accessible attached to the air touch 5 unit. Economy mode has helped but my spill does stay on for too long, Just wondering do you have any idea how I would do this?
‘When using economy it is important to know that some brands of units need to have the factory wall controller fitted and settings changed to tell the system that its temperature is controlled by a wall controller.’

Sorry may help for you to know that my wall controller is the Toshiba RBC-AMS54E-ES
Not sure if you are able to guide me on this?

Have sent you a email about this as I would like to know more about why the Toshiba wall controller is connected with the systems, what the spills are etc.
The wall controller shouldn’t’ve be left connected to the system but if it has been it should be set as a follower so not sure if this was done??

I was able to relabel the fan_only by using custom cards.

1 Like

How are we looking in terms of this moving to the HACS repo?
There are so many ideas I have with my AirTouch 5 that the app doesn’t allow for so really keen to get my hands on this!

There’s a heap of activity now in the repo. It looks like all the rats and mice changes that HA require for it to become official, which I take as a good sign.

Last month alone:

2 Likes

Yeah after I wrote that comment I clicked into GitHub and took a look at the activity. Thanks to everyone involved in this!

1 Like

Hey guys,

Just looking at connecting my AirTouch 5 up to HA but I can’t find any instructions in these comments or on the repo page.

I might be blind but could someone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers

where have you got too ?

Honestly, I haven’t even started.

I have HACS installed and tried to set up a custom repo but it said “Integration danzel/airtouch5py Repository structure for 0.2.8 is not compliant” and I’m not really sure what else to do

@thommo17 just wait, it only has a few final touch ups to do in the code, https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/98136 .
Im about to get my airtouch5 installed next week! yay!

Thank you for all the hard work @Danzel much appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like