Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

@MONG00SE Cheers mate. I didn’t realise it is still in progress and thought people were running it already.

Honestly not sure it will even work with my system though as I have an AirTouch 5 tablet but it has AirTouch 4 loaded on it.

I’ll wait keenly of the release.

Hi mate,

You have a Airtouch 5 tablet which is connected to a Airtouch 4 main module by the sound of it.
This integration won’t work and you would need to use the Airtouch 4 version.

@smitcoracing

G’day,

That’s weird because the app I open on the tablet is called Air Touch 5 but I’m guessing you’re right.

The integration on HA can’t connect to my tablet either so I was hoping this would sort it out.

I opened a ticket with support to get more info and figure out the weird set up

@thommo17 cant hurt to try it once it is out…

Yeah I think I will. Hopefully it will add some features that I see the AirTouch 4 integration is missing like dampener control

The Airtouch 5 tablet supports both models and when it’s first started at install it will work out if it has been connected to either a Airtouch 4 or Airtouch 5 main module.

It’s very easy to tell by the layout/backgrounds of the app on the tablet.

The Airtouch 4 integration does damper control anyway.
If your system was setup properly and uses temperature sensors then your groups/zones should be locked to temperature control. Switching between percentage and temp control is not necessary and messes with the algorithm of what the systems wants to do and achieve.

The Airtouch 5 integration works in the same way but the position is visible while locked to temp control.

@smitcoracing Yeah ours was set up with no ITC’s so it was all just damper control.

I’ve since bought 1 ITC for our bedroom and that works well but it doesn’t look like the damper can be controlled from HA. Those non ITC zones just stay at 25C setting and show as 154.7C which I guess is just some limit somewhere in the code.

I can turn it on and off ok as a zone but I can’t set 50% or 100% etc.

This is fine for me right now though. I intend on getting more ITC’s for important areas eventually.

Is it expensive to upgrade the main module to AirTouch 5 or worth it?

@Danzel - Thanks for all your work on this, looks very close now?

1 Like

Is it possible to turn the system on and off with the integration?

If so, would you write “cool”, “off”, “heat” etc to climate.ac_0 to achieve this ??

@thommo17 My airtouch 5 will be finished on Monday. As it is not in the official release. I added it manually. It was easier than I thought go to Release 0.2.8 · danzel/airtouch5py · GitHub download the zip and copy what is inside the zip file to your config/custom_components folder. and then add the integration as normal.
Backup everything before you do this though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I copied the airtouch5 directory from the zip file over into custom_components, reloaded homeassistant and then added the intergration. I was struggling to find the IP address of the airtouch system on my router/dhcp server and it only seems to appear when I am home and i have recently used the AT5 Tablet. After I have used the AT5 tablet on the wall, i can add the airtouch5 integration and it finds everything and seems to work fine, until it disappears again. I have read through his topic a few times but I feel like i have missed something?

Has the IP address of the tablet changed? You probably need to configure your router / dhcp server to give the AT5 tablet a static IP address

This has had me stumped for a while. I was going through all the DHCP leases/etc to try and find the Aircon. I’m not sure if the AT5 tablet has a different IP address to the controller or how that part works. On my previous unit, it had a sperate gateway unit that connected the LoRAWAN to wifi. In the end I setup a packet capture on my mikrotik router for the wireguard interface and accessed the aircon over that and found it was using a different IP address that was not allocated from the Mikrotik. For some reason another device is allocating addresses that should not be. Thankyou

The tablet is hard wired to the module in the roof space. The tablet itself just has its own ip address which you can find in the settings of the tablet normally.
The only thing the integration is connecting too is the tablet, same for the phone all etc.

It’s better to have room sensors for every zone over spending money upgrading to the version 5 any day.
It’s not super expensive to upgrade but your not using the 4 for what it could do as it is really.

I have fitted ITCs to the 4 rooms we use, and can confirm it works VERY well. Once it has got to temperature, the variation is usually +/- half a degree (AirTouch 5).

Just wondering if anyone missed my previous post that knows the answer…

Not sure if I am reading your post correctly, but the Airtouch 5 consoles are dropping off WiFi, with reboots needed to come back up, and Polyaire is going around updating the Android Go installs on the consoles to resolve it. I’ve had mine updated a couple of times; I think Polyaire is using me as a test site as I have a good relationship with their local technician (Andre in VIC).

It doesn’t seem to be affecting everyone. My suspicion is that it is a WiFi driver issue for the AllWinner chipset used.

Polyaire have a new technology director by the name of Paul Russell. I have a suspicion he’s busy putting out a lot of fires created by his predecessor (or lack thereof).

Yes it is possible to turn it off with the integration and “off” would indeed turn off the relevant AC.

FYI I have two AC units connected to my console, marked as AC_0 and AC_1.