Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

I’ve had a SD card for a while and have updated a few tablets now that have had the wifi issue.
Some need it and plenty dont but they had been fine since doing it.

I don’t think they did have a CTO previously and he is assisting in getting new features setup and rolled out.

Plenty of things in the works to come :+1:

thanks Ed - I’ll give it a test

Ed - I had no luck. Whatever (eg “off”, “fan_only”, “cool”) I write into climate.ac_0 does not impact the actions of th AirTouch or AC unit. It will be reflected in what I read back from climate.ac_0, but is then soon overwritten with the value in the AirTouch

awesome this integration is working better than the one that I was using

one thing I want to know.
why does the AirTouch have a battery when its unplugged should I use it?

ty :slight_smile:

The battery fitted inside the tablet can not be connected or it won’t work.

For Airtouch to be able to use the version of android google specified that the console had to be sold with a battery inside of it and the connector which is used to power the tablet from the main module was not allowed to be a permanent fixture to the tablet.

They had to have a separate connector which is part of the backing plate, the previous 4 versions didn’t do that and were permanent.

Stupid rules they had to follow.

interesting the battery does work just there when you want to take the AirTouch of the wall and use it as a tablet :rofl: but i think you can have the battery in it connected and it should work fine will try it one day. also im worry that the battery expands that people doesn’t know there’s a battery inside.

It does not work with the battery connected and they wouldn’t want people undocking the tablet constantly.

At the end of the day it’s a Airconditioning controller and that’s its purpose, it’s easier to modify a tablet for use currently but I think they will be doing there own again in future as they have to deal with too many restrictions.

i know it’s a very strange wall tablet. tbh but we are so grateful that the api is local and dont need an account just to pair it. if airtouch remove that option i will not update the system and keep the apk

Hi All, Been following this thread for a while as I’ve just had a complete Brivis system replaced with a Tosh / Airtouch5. I’ve installed the Custom_Compont of @Danzel’s repo - thank-you via HA all going well. Can I just confirm a couple of things. I’ve got an 8 zone system. If zones 2-8 are off and zone 1 is the only zone that it is on (study), should it work like any other smart thermostat? IE you set the cool temp to 23, as soon as the thermostat goes over 23 it attempts to cool back to 23, once it hits 23 system does idle? (apart from dump zone where required) Also should the fan remain on whilst the system is idle but not off?

In cooling mode on all ducted and split system the fan remains running even when the system has cycled off at setpoint. In heating the fan should stop to prevent cold drafts.

If you system was setup correctly then yes, your system will follow the single room.

If you have room sensors fitted the co trip sensor should be set on economy. This means the system follows the on zone with the biggest gap from room temperature to setpoint. The Airtouch bounces to different sensors as the room temps and setpoints change.

If all rooms are at the desired setpoint the Airtouch then switches to the spill zone sensor and runs in that area on till the setpoint is reached of the on zone.

Only thing you need to be mindful of is that the fan speed should only really be on low of running a couple of rooms, high will supply too much air.

Very grateful for this integratiuon, which I installed tonight after my Daikin system was put in last week. It’s working like a charm.

Quick question: Is there any way to trigger Sleep or Away presets using the integration? I don’t want to fiddle with dampers and bypasses as I don’t deel at all confident I understand what they do. My understanding is that these modes simply manage the setpoint, which i guess I could do with an automation or two.

Second question: Is there an easy way where the main unit model (heat/cool/auto etc.) can be set from within a zone. At the moment these are restricted to On/Off. I’d like to trigger entity Daikin.hvac_mode to 'Heat" rateher than the bedroom.hvac_mode, but setpoints etc. still use the bedroom entity. I’m guessing thios means re-coding of the Simple Thermostat or Virtual Thermostat plugins.

More to the point, move all the automation over to Home Assistant where it’s configurable to your exact needs!

Hi mate, sorry for the delay. Xmas and all the social requirements that come with it…

Anyway, I dare say it’s merely due to the way you’re attempting to change the state. When you say “write into climate.ac_0” that’s not a term I’ve ever used in regards to HA. If you are doing this via trhe “Developer Tools” page, it’s not always the right place to test stuff.

Here’s some sample YAML I had ChatGPT knock up showing how an Automation could be written to change the state.

alias: 'Set AC Mode to Cool'
description: 'An automation to set the air conditioner to cool mode'
trigger:
  - platform: manual
    # You can change this trigger to be whatever you want,
    # such as a specific time, or a state change in another entity
action:
  - service: climate.set_hvac_mode
    target:
      entity_id: climate.ac_0
    data:
      hvac_mode: 'cool'
mode: single
# 'mode: single' means this automation will not queue,
# newer triggers will cancel older ones still running.

amazing - ChatGPT can knock-up YAML !!! whatever next :slight_smile:

Yes, I was trying to change the state in Developer tools.

I’ve not done much in YAML, but it does give me some pointers as to how I might try it in NodeRed (otherwise just use YAML).

Thanks for your reply.

Ian

Well moving the automation to HA was kinda the point of ther question. But if the AirTouch 5 modes are not exposed to HA, I would have to re-create them, which is a pain, particularly with AirTouch already being highly automatable.

The main thing missing in AirTouch (for me) would be live energy prices and cutting the AC if there is a price spike. This is a cinch to program with HA.

And I have found a great integration: the Versatile Thermostat. Seems to have many more options than I need, but enough to simulate the AirTouch advanced automations pretty well. I’ll play with it over the next few days and report back.

thanks for the help Ed - I have it working in NodeRed

Ian

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to change default turn on behavior? If I press turn on tgrough the climate card, it turns on default heating instead of last mode. Anyone knows how to fix it?

I’m having this trouble as well every now and then the console turns off Wi-Fi and you can’t turn it off until you reboot. My system is only installed since July

Is the official integration any closer?

You would need to contact Airtouch support and they should send someone out to carry out the console update for this issue.