Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

Yes. Sleep and Away can be turned on using the preset modes on the main AC climate entity with my integration.
I haven’t tested them much so let me know if you have any issues.

While noting that this thread is about the AT5, I can add that for an AT4 there aren’t any presets showing by default.

The Airtouch 4 does not have sleep and away features.
They are new things added to the version 5
They both have the turbo/boost option for zones.

Wired temp sensors are supply sensors for each system connected. They are only really used by the Airtouch itself when a controller is connected to system but doesn’t have a gateway (brand of system not supported) when no system is connected it uses it to know when a system is either cooling or heating etc.

Other than that it’s not really used for anything at this stage and isn’t part of the API

I have my own system with supply and return air sensors to run along side the Airtouch and provide information for data logging etc.

I can only see sensors for Damper and Spill, settings for Mode and Fan.

You should have also have a climate entity created for the AC (and any zones with temperature sensors). The name of the main climate entity is usually the brand name of your air-conditioner, e.g. Panasonic or Daikin.

You can see and change the preset modes in the “more info” entity details dialog for the AC climate entity. For example:

Hi everyone,

I’ve published a new version of my integration which includes a lot of connection reliability fixes. Thanks to @spry-salt for lots of support with testing.

Other notable features:

• Added sensor entities for zone temperatures and damper percentages
  • Added an update entity to alert when an AirTouch software update is available
  • Added support for the AirTouch 4 (although perhaps not so relevant for this thread :thinking:)

I highly recommend updating for anyone who might have been experiencing any connectivity issues.

Thanks to Ben for his excellent work in developing this integration. Having previously used both the official and other HACS integrations, for my installation this one is far and away more reliable and flexible, I highly recommend it.

please add manual config etc add an ip to connect

as my ha is on docker using bridge network and not configuring my firewall the other intergration lets me use a ip to add

Support for manually setting the IP address is next on my list. Assuming I get time to work on this, I am hoping to release that next weekend.

1 Like

awesome ty

I’m a bit confused - are there 2 AirTouch integrations being discussed here? I am using one called AirTouch 5 that is at version 10.1.1.118. Is the new version v0.2.0 mentioned by TheNoctambulist a different integration altogether?

I extract the damper positions from the cover entities in NodeRed. At the moment, I do it on a timed basis (eg every minute). I would like to be able to use an Event action in NodeRed rather than a timed updating - but a change in a damper position doesn’t trigger an event from the cover entity. I don’t understand enough about covers - is this even a valid thing that a cover entity might do ?

Danzel has submitted a pull request to Home Assistant Core for an integration called “AirTouch 5” based on the old built-in AirTouch 4 integration. I have developed a seperate custom integration from the ground up which supports the AirTouch 4 and 5. My integration is called “Polyaire AirTouch” in the user interface. So there are two integrations being discussed in this thread.

I haven’t used NodeRed, but you may find it easier to develop automations based on the current damper percentage in my integration since there are dedicated sensor entities for the percentage alongside the cover entities for controlling the dampers.

I’ve just published a new version v0.3.0 which adds support for manually setting the AirTouch IP address when broadcast based discovery doesn’t work.

This release also adds a configuration option to select if you have a bypass damper installed. Currently this just prevents the creation of unnecessary spill entities.

Thanks for explaining that Benjamin. So I’d have to switch integrations - a bit scary! How is your integration installed ? HACS ?

Switching integrations was easy for me, and Ben’s is much more reliable than others I’ve used over the past two years.

1 Like

The AirTouch 5 integration has been rock solid for me. Other than separate entities for damper positions (which would be good), what other benefits might there be?

switching noq