Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

Do you use a firewall? If so, you’ll need to open up UDP port 49005 between home assistant and the AirTouch tablet. The integration uses that port to read additional information from the AirTouch console. That port is used in addition to TCP port 9005 (which is all the other integration uses).

its open im using the old intergration and it works fine danzel/airtouch5py: Python client for the airtouch 5 (github.com)

As far as I’m aware, the main differences are:

• automatic discovery so you don’t need to look up the IP address of the AirTouch
  • an update entity to alert you in Home Assistant when an AirTouch update is available
  • dedicated sensor entities for zone temperatures and damper percentages to reduce the need for template sensors
  • zone climate entities correctly reflect the heating or cooling mode instead of showing as fan only
  • zone turbo is shown as a fan speed rather than a preset
  • support for activating Sleep and Away mode
  • HACS support for easy updates (currently a custom repo, but has been submitted for inclusion in the HACS Default list)
  • a unified integration for AirTouch 4 and 5

That integration uses the TCP port 9005, but it doesn’t use the additional UDP port 49005 so the firewall config for the two integrations needs to be slightly different. Home Assistant needs to be able to send to UDP port 49005 on the AirTouch tablet and receive a response on UDP port 49005 as well.

my fire wall is open it will be able to use it fine but it wont

It might be related to the use of the Docker bridge network. UDP comms are a bit trickier with the bridge network. When I get some time I might experiment further with a bridge network. However, the easiest would be to run the Home Assistant container either with host networking mode or perhaps macvlan if you are ok with the more complicated configuration and want to maintain a dedicated home assistant IP without running a full VM. Or just stick with the other integration if it’s working ok.

I already know that the difference between the two integrations is the use of the additional UDP messages. At this stage I don’t intend to remove that requirement.

Many integrations will have issues with Docker bridge networks in a smart home environment, that’s why the Home Assistant installation instructions (Linux - Home Assistant) use host networking mode.

Avoiding host networking mode adds a lot of complexity with very few benefits (as discussed in many threads if you search the forums).
If you don’t want to use host networking mode, you can get similar functionality using macvlan networks in Docker: Macvlan network driver | Docker Docs

It’s possible to add the home assistant container to both the standard bridge network and a macvlan network at the same time.
I experimented with this for a while, but in the end there’s not really any advantage to avoiding host networking since home assistant just uses the one port which you need to map through to the host anyway.

1 Like

Does this new integration have the ability to change the spill room, I am having loads of issues with my install pumping cool air into wrong rooms

Read through I guess I should of asked for the bypass mode to be installed, I had assumed the install was going to be somewhat plug and play

Second question about the new integration is there anyway to see the compressor status?? I don’t have a power meter and keen to see what’s happening over night, the spill (my master room) gets down to 18 over night sometimes even though it’s set to 23

the spill can only be changed on the screen on the wall by the installer area in my house i disabled spill

the integration doesn’t have they option to see the compressor i dont think you can do that if its in the api it can be added

The API doesn’t allow you to change the spill room. If the spill room is getting excessively cool it’s most likely that the installer didn’t change the AirTouch mode from Auto to Economy which is essential for systems without a bypass damper. You could confirm this by tapping on the current temperature displayed under the AC setpoint on the main page of the wall tablet. If the tooltip that appears doesn’t end with “(E)” then it hasn’t been set up properly. The AirTouch mode can be changed in the installer settings.

I had the same problem after my system was first installed. Once the mode was changed to Economy, I haven’t had any problems with the spill zone cooling below the lowest setpoint (although it can still cool below it’s own setpoint if another zone has been set lower). It seems like a lot of installers don’t really understand the AirTouch.

Regarding the compressor status, unfortunately it doesn’t seem like the AirTouch has any knowledge of the compressor status at all as far as I have seen. It’s definitely not available anywhere in the API, and I haven’t been able to see the info in the app anywhere either.

2 Likes

@TheNoctambulist is the zip file reference correct in 0.3.0? I’ve spotted a hacs-airtouch.zip reference in /config/.storage/hacs.repositories after adding it but I note the file on github is hass-airtouch.zip. Others probably having the same issue of installing this fresh as I am.

You can’t just disable the spill if everything is zoned.
Well, you can turn it off but you need to either have a spill or bypass zone

The master bedroom should not be the spill zone, it’s clearly stated in the installation manual not to use bedrooms as spill zones as it can create discomfort and annoyance. They are also generally not large enough.

You spill location needs to be a common area, your control sensor needs to be changed to economy and depending on the brand of system you have it’s factory wall controller needed to be setup to configure the systems settings to suit this.

Thanks for the reply lads

I had it set up as economy and just confirmed with your

step, but yeah it’s still keeps pumping cold air even though I have auto on and auto auto off on enabled.
This was last night

I had The spill set up previously in the common dining room, but I was finding that it was just pumping cool into the dining room all night, and at least if it’s in the master, I get extra cuddles from the Wife
I also did set up some automation set up in Home Assistant to turn it off and on based on spill value but I found that that was not super reliable

I will take you up on the offer of a call @smitcoracing - thanks mate

It should be fine, the hacs.json manifest in the repo tells HACS the name of the zip file to download. Are you getting an error message from HACS?

My guess is the installer never hooked up the Daikin wall controller to the system first and set the Daikin system to read its temperature from a wall controller.
If you don’t do this the Daikin system is kinda of ignoring what the Airtouch is telling it to do and the Daikin system is running based on the units indoor temperature sensor. This will cause your problem.

1 Like

I think this might be a bug in the latest version of HACS. For now, I’ve added a copy of the zip file with the name hacs-airtouch.zip into the release as well. Hopefully that helps get the HACS downloads working.

When I get some more time I’ll see if I can track down the underlying cause.

i might to enable spill but i don’t think i need in ha i have automation that if all zones are off it turns off the havc

also, I can’t update my airtouch as it says can’t connect to server if i visit the AirTouch site half of the whole website shows 403.