Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

Also, best to check any specific gateway installation notes on the prozone installer’s hub. I was pulling my hair out with my Fujitsu to only find out (after raising a ticket), that I needed a new PCB board as the gateway wasn’t compatible with my 7 yr old system. $130 later from Statewide Appliance Spares for a new PCB and I was up and running.

Doing a quick check on Daikin’s, I saw some additional specific notes for the 657237 gateway:

I think Airtouch should update their installer manuals to include these revisions, but I got there in the end.

yo good news i manged to update my airtouch it works i didn’t contact support but it works now

heh

Cheers for the info

I had the entire system installed at the same time, I don’t have a daikon wll panel just the air touch 5
And the temp you saw I the image was just the current highest room temp, when I took the pic was during the day, was just to show (e) was setup

looks like ha added airtouch AirTouch 5 - Home Assistant

Did the installer connect the Daikin wall panel during the installation? I believe for Daikin systems they need to connect it so that they can change the settings to use the AirTouch as the master-temperature controller (as per the installation manual and @smitcoracing’s comment above). If this wasn’t done the AC will still be using the return air duct temperature no matter what the AirTouch console tries to tell it which will result in extra cold spill zones.

Yes, Danzel’s pull request has been merged and will be included in the next release of Home Assistant. This built-in integration will only provide the AC and zone climate entities since the Home Assistant team only allow one entity type when submitting a new integration.

Turns out the latest version of HACS was highlighting a typo in my hacs.json that had been there from the beginning. This has been fixed in releases from v0.4.1 onwards.

Hello,

Firstly, thank you so much for this integration. Having AC installed is what pushed me over the edge to dedicate a raspberry pi to a HA server and this integration made it that much simpler.
One of the main reasons I wanted to get HA was for the switches. Whenever I turn on a zone by the switch in the room and the main unit is off, nothing happens. I was hoping to fix this with HA but have found no solution yet.
Is there a entity I am missing for if the sensor / switch has been turned on? If not, is this something that can be added in or does airtouch just not supply that data?
Apologies if this has already been asked, I have searched and searched but found nothing about it.
Cheers.

its in the airtouch setting

You can change the sensor setting so that the ac is turned on or off with the zone if you want.
I dont set ones up like that as it’s a nuisance but everyone is different.

What does that mean; we won’t have damper values or the spill/bypass/battery entities?

hi, total newbie here, just installed HA on a rp4 (covid purchase) and tried adding the airtouch 5 integration. I have installed HACS and followed steps 1-7 from GitHub - TheNoctambulist/hass-airtouch: Home Assistant integration for the Polyaire AirTouch AC Controllers

at step #7 i either can’t find the AirTouch 5 or I get this message " This integration does not support configuration via the UI. If you followed this link from the Home Assistant website, make sure you run the latest version of Home Assistant." which is odd given i’ve done a fresh install of HA and HACS and find no additional updates.

the log just says “2024-02-05 15:54:49.096 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant”.

If i attempt to reload the custom repository, it tells me “Repository ‘thenoctambulist/hass-airtouch’ exists in the store.” so it must be floating around somewhere…

any pointers would be appreciated thank you

update - i managed to install the integration manually which is pretty cool. but still would like to now why i can’t get the add to button working via HACS

Yes, if you use the built-in integration in the next release there won’t be damper sensors/control or spill or battery sensors until those features are added in a future release. Both custom integrations will continue to provide all features.

You need to add the custom integration to HACS, and download it, but that just makes it available for Home Assistant to load. For all custom integrations installed via HACS, after restarting, you still need to add them from the normal Home Assistant integration page as per built-in integrations.

The blue “Add Integration to” button in the README step 7 will kick off the integration set up step automatically without needing to search for it. Was it that button which didn’t work for you?

yes it was that “add integration to” button that gave me the dialogue

Thank you @progamer562 and @smitcoracing for the assist. For those looking in the future, go to settings > sensors > then click on the sensor and select the option AC switch to have the sensor button turn on the AC unit.

The integration went live officially today in HA 2024.2.0. @Danzel I know this has been a hard slog, but I sincerely thank you for all your work. Did you have a “buy me a coffee” link or something I can send you for some coin to go your way?

1 Like

Agreed! Congratulations and well done @Danzel

I haven’t been able to reproduce this. The “Add Integration To” buttons in the README successfully start the configuration flow for me. If anyone else has the same problem let me know and I’ll try to investigate further.

Install something else. The arrogant technician that came through this morning said it can’t be done he said he “knew the product for 30 years” and just walked himself out the door.

Then again I think he is on the brink of retirement and couldn’t care less to help.