Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

@Danzel I have installed the integration in mine and I can see when the bypass is activate, spill just shows closed but I don’t have a spill anyway so I wouldn’t use that anyway.

Only issue I’m having is that the climate.AC_0 appears in my entities list but is says that it is not enabled so I cant add it to any cards. “This entity is no longer being provided by the airtouch5 integration. If the entity is no longer in use, delete it in settings”.

Is there a way to change the zones so when they are on it doesn’t say fan only but says zone on? saying fan only is stupid and the past integrations of the airtouch 4 etc did this.

@danzel I also notice mine always shows turbo and I never use that function, from what I see in the app this should be just tied to each zones climate card as it shows if the zone is either on, off or turbo.

@danzel maybe mine is having issues because I have this fan speed feature enabled in mine which has not been publicly released as yet, the api does mention this intelligent auto speed.

Logger:homeassistant.components.climate
Source: custom_components/airtouch5/climate.py:197
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 4:13:40 PM (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:34:48 PM

• Error adding entities for domain climate with platform airtouch5
  • Error while setting up airtouch5 platform for climate

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 504, in async_add_entities await asyncio.gather(*tasks) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 788, in _async_add_entity await entity.add_to_platform_finish() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 1005, in add_to_platform_finish await self.async_added_to_hass() File “/config/custom_components/airtouch5/climate.py”, line 204, in async_added_to_hass self._async_update_attrs(self._client.latest_ac_status) File “/config/custom_components/airtouch5/climate.py”, line 197, in _async_update_attrs self._attr_fan_mode = AC_FAN_SPEED_TO_FAN_SPEED[status.ac_fan_speed] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ KeyError: <AcFanSpeed.INTELLIGENT_AUTO_2: 10>

@Danzel

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.event
Source: components/climate/__init__.py:439
First occurred: 4:13:40 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:34:48 PM

Error while dispatching event for a2cae1e8b79c4a8a7704ed3e5cbf9d5e to <Job track device_registry_updated event ['a2cae1e8b79c4a8a7704ed3e5cbf9d5e'] HassJobType.Callback <bound method Entity._async_device_registry_updated of <entity climate.ac_0=cool>>>
Error while dispatching event for a2cae1e8b79c4a8a7704ed3e5cbf9d5e to <Job track device_registry_updated event ['a2cae1e8b79c4a8a7704ed3e5cbf9d5e'] HassJobType.Callback <bound method Entity._async_device_registry_updated of <entity climate.panasonic=cool>>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/event.py", line 458, in _async_dispatch_device_id_event
    hass.async_run_hass_job(job, event)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 627, in async_run_hass_job
    hassjob.target(*args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 1156, in _async_device_registry_updated
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 742, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 812, in _async_write_ha_state
    attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 332, in state_attributes
    data[ATTR_FAN_MODE] = self.fan_mode
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 439, in fan_mode
    return self._attr_fan_mode
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'Airtouch5AC' object has no attribute '_attr_fan_mode'

@Danzel So if I turn intelligent auto off in the Airtouch 5 and set the fan speed to low, medium, high or auto and reload the integration the system works, so its something to do with setting the fan speed to intelligent auto which is causing my issues

@Danzel I was just looking in the code being snoopy haha.

But, in the binary_sensor.py file it says Each AC has turbo, bypass, spill.
This is not correct, each “zone” has turbo and each “AC” has spill and bypass.

Would that be correct that its the source of your error with that?

Thanks for testing!

Is there a way to change the zones so when they are on it doesn’t say fan only but says zone on? saying fan only is stupid and the past integrations of the airtouch 4 etc did this.

Yeah I think this sucks too, this is a home assistant limitation. I copied what the airtouch4 integration did.
We can only use the HVAC modes they allow.
(We need to use a climate component for each zone so you can set the target temperature and see the current temperature)

Intelligent auto is in the API docs but I’ve only half coded it up. Will try take a look at it this weekend.
On your airtouch unit - for fan speed do you have “auto” and “intelligent auto”? Or does “intelligent auto” replace “auto”?

If you check the docs, AC status message (page 10) shows that there is turbo/bypass/spill for an AC.
I don’t really know what turbo means here.
Spill on the AC seems to be “Any zone on this AC has spill active”.
I assume bypass would be the same.

Then zone state (page 6) has spill, and power state turbo for zones .
These would be what the app uses for the spill/low battery/turbo icons next to each zone.

Mine has auto and intelligent auto as selectable speeds, intelligent auto is the Airtouch deciding which of the speeds (low, medium or high) are required to be used for the amount of zones on, the damper opening percentage and the duct size of each zone.

Turbo is mentioned in the API under zone control and zone status. The second turbo is mentioned under ac control and is a fan speed. Two seperate turbo functions with the same name.

Turbo is for the zones, this is a button that is a long press on the zone button and puts more emphasis on that particular zone by driving fully open or backing of other zones to create more pressure to the turbo zone.
Usually not required if the ducting was all sized correctly at install but turbo is 100% a zone feature.

Turbo is also included as one of the fan speeds for the ac unit but had nothing to do with above.
Some brands of ac’s like LG have a fan speed called turbo or boost etc.

I got myself a bit muddled here. Installing the new AirTouch5 app did straighten things out after-all.

1 Like

New release, fixes:

• Fix sending packets after we’ve sent 255
  • Stumbling towards intelligent auto support (this part is the same as in the test version you have smitco)
  • Bit more error checking

Extract it and replace the existing files, then restart HA.

So far its working perfectly, Is there a plan to implement zone control eg. on/off and %

ditto - new version is all good here

So far its working perfectly, Is there a plan to implement zone control eg. on/off and %
You can control zones now by setting Operation / hvac mode of a zone to “Fan Only”.
When you do this the airtouch will also turn on the AC (assuming you have that enabled)

For zone damper % I’ll have a go at adding that. Note it is recommended that you have temperature sensors and let the airtouch control the % instead.

I’ve found one issue, when nothing has happened for 5 minutes (temperature hasn’t changed or anything) we assume the connection died and reconnect, if you check the logbook it will look like this:
I have this fixed locally, will test overnight and release tomorrow

Hi folks, I am a newbie here and trying to install the Airtouch5 (0.2.5) integration on my Raspberry pi. I have navigated the path to put the files onto the custom_components directory and attempted to load the integration through the standard HomeAssistant functions.

The integration shows AirTouch5 loaded but “Failed to set up”. The log file shows a wait_for at line 490 of asyncio/tasks.py.

I am probably missing something obvious, but can anybody point me in the right direction?

@Dawdragon

The integration shows AirTouch5 loaded but “Failed to set up”. The log file shows a wait_for at line 490 of asyncio/tasks.py.

There should be a few more lines of details in the logs to show where this came from.
This sort of sounds like it failed to connect, is the ip address correct?
Have you used the official mobile app to connect to it?

@Dawdragon
Weird, sounds like your device isn’t responding to one of the requests we’ve sent it.
Is your console up to date? (Mine is 1.1.3)

At what stage did it fail? Was it during “Add Integration”?
Has the integration appeared in the integrations view? If so hit the … button and reload it, see if that fixes it.

Thank you Danzel,

Looking at the Airtouch tablet (installed 6 weeks ago), the version numbers are:
Current Console Version is 1.1.3[Service1.4]
Current Main Module Version is 2.0.0.2.

A quick update check shows that they are the latest.

I have also rechecked the IP address on the tablet and reconfirmed it is the correct one.

I have tried reloading the integration several times and seen no improvement. It comes back with “Failed to set up” with no devices or entities.

Yeah cool just saw that. As for the zones the sensors are defiantly a good option. After owning a house with the airtouch4 for 8 years i found once the zones are dialed in we very rarely had to adjust them. Is the genuine temp sensors the only option? or can any temp sensor be linked?

The Airtouch sensors are your only option for them.
They are more than worth it, you may get something to work close without them but the system will never work as well and economically as it could with them.

1 Like

New release 0.2.7

Install/upgrade as above.

Changes:

• Support setting damper % (Don’t use this if you have temperature sensors, let the Airtouch5 do its job)
    • Dampers are a cover entity against each of the zone devices
    • Reading damper % seems unreliable, mine are showing zones fully open that definitely aren’t. I’ll probably change it so we don’t expose the damper entity if we detect you have temperature sensors. I’m interested on feedback here
  • Fix connection timeouts (We send a test message after being idle for 4 minutes, then reconnect at 5 minutes if we didn’t get a response)
  • Set the entity names correctly
  • Give turbo/intelligent_auto readable names
  • Support debug logging

@Dawdragon Please install the new version and enable debug logging and send me the output

Enable them, reload the integration, error message appears, disable them. You should get a text file with lines like
[airtouch5py.airtouch5_client] Sending data: ...

There will probably only be one or two more updates before I submit this for inclusion in HA:

• Remove damper entity from zones that have temperature sensors (as above)
  • Fix whatever issues Dawdragon is having (if it is a bug)