I made this card to check the AQI during the Camp fire in California. Now that the AQI has finally cooled down, this card isn’t as useful to me but I hope others can make use of it. Let me know if you have any problems setting it up.
Air Visual Card
This is a Home Assistant Lovelace card that uses the AirVisual Sensor and creates a card like the ones found on AirVisual website. Requires the AirVisual Sensor to be setup. Tested with Yahoo Weather component.
- Card colors and icons change depending on AQI level
|air_pollution_level||string||Required||Name of the Air Pollution Level sensor created by Airvisual component.|
|air_quality_index||string||Required||Name of the Air Quality Index sensor created by Airvisual component.|
|main_pollutant||string||Required||Name of the Main Pollutant sensor created by Airvisual component.|
|temp||string||Optional||Name of the temperature sensor or weather entity, such as ‘weather.yweather’ or ‘sensor.yweather_temperature’|
|city||string||Optional||Name of the city that AirVisual is collecting AQI data from.|
Install the AirVisual sensor and confirm AQI, APL, and Main Pollutant sensors are created.
Download the AirVisual Card
Place the file in your Home Assistant
Include the card code in the Resources section of your
resources: - url: /local/air-visual-card.js type: js
- Write configuration for the card in your
ui-lovelace.yamland list your AirVisual sensors. An example is provided below:
- type: custom:air-visual-card air_pollution_level: sensor.us_air_pollution_level air_quality_index: sensor.us_air_quality_index main_pollutant: sensor.us_main_pollutant temp: weather.yweather city: 'San Francisco'
- Restart Home Assistant to load the card, and clear your browser cache in case you have a previous version loaded.
- v0.0.2 - Added weather icon next to temperature
- v0.0.1 - Initial release