Ajax alarm system

with this protocol your alarm system will send TCP messages to a particular IP:PORT, the IP will be the IP of your HA, the port you define yourself and can be anything as long as your alarm can reach that port on the machine and the integration can start listening on that port. If you enable the logging as mentioned above you can see what is actually being received if anything, technically you should be able to intercept the messages going over the network but I’ve never tried.

Thank you @fireon. I am using your modified code of CheaterDev Sia component. It works nice.

1 Like

Thanks, happy to help! Did you find it in the issues section on Github (eavanvalkenburg repo)? If not, I have a some updated code there that handles some things better :+1:

I used the code from this topic. I set up 3 zones. Everything works fine. OK, I’ll look at the new code on GiHub.

1 Like

Must confess I am feeling kind of stupid, you are talking about a config flow in which you can add the details. Whatever I try I am not seeing this. Hope you can guide me to the solution.

This doesnt work for me. When i connect the ground wire as the pictures shows and to gnd on my wemos. The remote dies. Comes to Live again IF I remove the ground wire. I tried several points measuring as ground… But same thing everywhere

Are you sure that you have not gotten some solder outside of the connector? It was really picky for me when I did this. A little too much solder outside the connector and the remote would not work.

Markus69,
Step 1 - install addon via HACs
Step 2 - go to integrations, press Add new +, choose SIA

There will have fields to set up. Hope it is what you’re looking for

That helped a lot, however still strugeling with the settings, In the documents the full configuration is mentioned. I did not get all the options in the config flow. How and where do I put them? Eg. The zone name?

sia:
  port:  port
  hubs:
    - name: hubname
      account: account
      encryption_key: password
      ping_interval: pinginterval
      zones:
        - zone: 1
          name: zonename
          sensors:
           - alarm
           - moisture
           - smoke

Hi @Markus69 the config does not happen in yaml anymore, just in a config flow, so indeed go to integrations and add it from there, after adding the component through HACS, the config above will do nothing. Zonenames are not editable anymore, I will check the docs to see if those are still up to date.

Hi Eduard,
First thanks for all the good work, much appreciated. Under HACS Integrations SIA --> information there is a link to a page mentioning as I understand now old information. That’s what got me confused. It is working now so again thanks!!

Good catch, just updated the info page!

I got this working. But I have one major issue. When the esp+remote is connected to power i cant restart home assistant. It doesnt start up. But when i unplug the esp+remote it works as it should. I am using wemos d1 mini.

So what could be the problem?

That is really strange. Should have something to do with the MQTT server but I cannot understand why HA doesn’t ignore that integration after a while/timeout. Or if there are other manual entities failing due to the switch not being set up properly through MQTT. Do you have retain set on or off in the MQTT config?

It isnt specified any retain value in the config. So i guess i have whats standard.

But why mqtt? Its the esp hardware with esp home installed that seems to be the problem.

Oh then I don’t know. I am using a sketch on my Wemos D1 Mini that connects to my MQTT server addon that is integrated into home assistant. Like this setup: https://bitbucket.org/iesus_sonesson/d1-ajax-mqtt/src/master/

Never had any problems.

i tried the mqtt way instead… But how do i get it into HASS now?

Take a look at my post here: Ajax alarm system

I had this for a few things, and found the following fixed it for me. SIA v2

My alarm (Eaton Scantronic/Cooper Security) has following options

Will this component allow me to trigger automation when the alarm goes off?