Ajax alarm system

just created v0.3.5 release that should address this for now, am working on better understanding where this came from.

Sorry for being a bit lost hereā€¦ But before the SIA integration was a HACS integration and now it is a standard Home Assistant integration. But I still have it in HACS and that is were I get the updates. Is the plan to have it completely as a standard integration without HACS in the future?

Also, canā€™t find where I do the configurations anymore. I have looked under HACS and Configuration > Integration > SIA.

hi, it is not yet a standard integration, but HACS integrations with a config flow (like this one) show up more natively (and in principle without a reboot), so it might seem that way. Config thus goes through a config flow and not through yaml, depending on which version you come from you might get different entity idā€™s.

ŠŠ¾Š¼Šµ Assisnant 0.112.4
Component v0.3.5
The configuration is made in integrations
After simulating a water leak and eliminating it, the leak sensor continues to show " wet"
binary_sensor.8226_58ad94_1_moisture - on

warning in log:

2020-07-17 13:36:55 WARNING (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.base_sia_server] Decrypting last line: 69D80078"*SIA-DCS"1408L0#58AD94[50F5F6130B03555799A827B762CF45255A05AC5286EBFF76856CBD27B52FD74C4C3964F666FFED8671C2D79F81E6740F could not be parsed as a SIAEvent, content: q|#58AD94|Nri0/RP0000]_10:36:54,07-17-2020

I didnā€™t check the other sensors ā€¦

Hi @eavanvalkenburg, I really like the progress you are making with your sia integration. I have tested it but I am currently still using the old integration by CheaterDev with some modifications since I do not think the official HA alarm panel component properly reflects all available states for the Ajax alarm.

For example, the Ajax alarm can have one or multiple zones fully armed and at the same time have the night mode armed or disarmed. The HA alarm component can however only have one state - such as armed home or armed night. Not both at the same time.

Since I have a lot of automations listening to the armed states of different zones and also the night mode I am hesitant on moving to your implementation of the SIA integration since it cannot separate the zoned state from the night mode state.

Would it maybe be possible for you to add additional binary sensors for each zone and night mode that are separate from the alarm panel entity? Maybe as an option if you want them or not? This would keep the states more in sync with the actual states in the official Ajax app and make automations easier to define.

Thanks for reading this if you have made it this far :slight_smile:

Hi @fireon thanks for this writeup, and this sounds like a really great way to use the alarm, could you create an issue in the GH repo describing it in a bit more detail with the config that you use and a rough description of what alterations you made to the CheaterDev version? That is a bit easier for me to track and look at!

Is anyone having problems switching from Night Mode to Disarmed?

I have setup two zones in my Ajax alarm, but when I disable Night Mode, the zones still continue to show it as ā€˜Armed Nightā€™ in HA.

BTW Thanks for this awesome integration!

hi @mekemekex I donā€™t see any of that, but I have just one zone, so maybe that is the difference, can you turn on logging for both the component and package:

logger:
  default: error
  logs:
    custom_components.sia: debug 
    pysiaalarm: debug

and then create an issue on github for this so I can track the issues people have more consistantly? Thanks!

1 Like

Updated to new version - works like a charm!
update: No itā€™s not)
I get issue HA getting pings from SIA, while Ajax says that monitoring station is connected.
Joined to https://github.com/eavanvalkenburg/sia/issues/24

hi how do I know if the messages arrive is a ha ??
do I find something in the events?

Hi, Zema.
If I get your question right, you can see your alarm status at entity with name alarm_control_panel.your_panel_name

hi sorry i meant if an event is generated in ha when the postoffice sends message to the hassistant home server
to understand if it is broadcasting or not
thank you

with this protocol your alarm system will send TCP messages to a particular IP:PORT, the IP will be the IP of your HA, the port you define yourself and can be anything as long as your alarm can reach that port on the machine and the integration can start listening on that port. If you enable the logging as mentioned above you can see what is actually being received if anything, technically you should be able to intercept the messages going over the network but Iā€™ve never tried.

Thank you @fireon. I am using your modified code of CheaterDev Sia component. It works nice.

1 Like

Thanks, happy to help! Did you find it in the issues section on Github (eavanvalkenburg repo)? If not, I have a some updated code there that handles some things better :+1:

I used the code from this topic. I set up 3 zones. Everything works fine. OK, Iā€™ll look at the new code on GiHub.

1 Like

Must confess I am feeling kind of stupid, you are talking about a config flow in which you can add the details. Whatever I try I am not seeing this. Hope you can guide me to the solution.

This doesnt work for me. When i connect the ground wire as the pictures shows and to gnd on my wemos. The remote dies. Comes to Live again IF I remove the ground wire. I tried several points measuring as groundā€¦ But same thing everywhere

Are you sure that you have not gotten some solder outside of the connector? It was really picky for me when I did this. A little too much solder outside the connector and the remote would not work.

Markus69,
Step 1 - install addon via HACs
Step 2 - go to integrations, press Add new +, choose SIA

There will have fields to set up. Hope it is what youā€™re looking for