Ajax alarm system

Will this component allow me to trigger automation when a motion sensor detects motion (and alarm is disarmed)?

No. SIA does not offer monitoring of independent sensors.

1 Like

Hi, i have some troubles to arm my ajax alarm system. The logbook doest show any warning related to my issue. Is there someone who could help me? Some basic information:
Home assistant 0.117.2
Ajax hub FW 2.10.0 HW
Sia installation trough HACS V 0.3.10

You cannot use SIA to arm the system, it is only for observation.

1 Like

Thank you for building this integration @eavanvalkenburg!
I noticed that integration handles manual arming/disarming well (i.e., updates state) but it seems to miss automatic arming via security schedule in Ajax. Is this a known issue?

I think this log entry may be related:

2020-11-30 21:56:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.aio.sia_server] Incoming line: 3EF9003C"SIA-DCS"0497L0#AAA123[#AAA123|Nri1/NC0]_21:56:04,11-30-2020

2020-11-30 21:56:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.base_sia_server] Parsed event: Content: #AAA123|Nri1/NC0]_21:56:04,11-30-2020, Zone: 1, Code: NC, Message: 0, Concerns: Network number, Type: Network Condition, Description: A communications network has a specific reportable condition, Account: AAA123, Receiver: None, Prefix: L0, Timestamp: 2020-11-30 21:56:04, Length: 003C, Sequence: 0497, CRC: 3EF9, Calc CRC: 3EF9, Message type: Network Condition, Encrypted Content: None, Full Message: "SIA-DCS"0497L0#AAA123[#AAA123|Nri1/NC0]_21:56:04,11-30-2020..

2020-11-30 21:56:02 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.sia.hub] Unhandled event code, will be set as attribute in the heartbeat sensor. Code is: NC, Message: 0, Full event: Code: NC, Type: Network Condition, Description: A communications network has a specific reportable condition

Edit: apparently, the above only applies to automatic night mode. Regular arming works fine.

Vote for suggested features on the official Ajax site

1 Like

Hi
I do not know if this post will be usefull concerning the evolution and or a new blueprint for ajax

Hi all,
is it possible to set an attribute of a zone entity with the substring of the data field of the message (in the following example the string “02-VX.INGRESSO AREA VOLUMETRICI”) in order to use it in push notifications?

021-01-04 20:04:21 DEBUG (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.aio.sia_server] Incoming line: 5C6F005D"SIA-DCS"0595L0#123456[#123456|Nri1BA2^02-VX.INGRESSO AREA VOLUMETRICI^]_20:01:04,01-04-2021

Thanks in advance

It is definitely possible, please create a feature request issue, that’s bit easier for me to keep track of.

Hi! I have done the integration with my Ajax system. I have multiple leak sensors, sensors of many sorts and smoke alarms. However, the only thing i see in the dashboard is this: image

Alarm status updates fine. I put 1 zone in the config although i obviously have multiple rooms and sensors. I understand that i will not be able to see anything else than alarm status, smoke status and leak status. But is it supposed to say “unknown”?

I sincerely apologize if my question is stupid :slight_smile:

Not stupid at all, but it is a quirk of the SIA protocol and HA, SIA will only send a message if something changes, so this means that HA has not had a single message about leak or smoke and it therefore does not know the state, once a first message has been sent, it will update and after that will restore that state when rebooting etc.

1 Like

Thanks alot :slight_smile: Ill start a fire then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Would be nice to prevent them from being marked as unavailable and just show the last state, always. Was briefly looking at HA core code, but couldn’t find where was the code that makes it ‘unavailable’.

Alternatively, this could be just done with the template sensor - unavailable/off would be ‘off’ and on would be ‘on’ for leaks/fire sensors. With the power sensor, it is vice versa - off would be ‘off’ and unavailable/on would be ‘on’

it does do that, it will show the last state, but it doesn’t know a last state before it was added to HA, so this is a temporary issue!

good evening everyone since bentel absoluta uses the protocol both for surveillance institutes I tried to configure this component but no luck
someone who wants to help me ??
Thanks in advance

Not sure what kind of help you are looking for @Zema, the component for this is called SIA, it is available through HACS and uses a config flow, so install in HACS, restart HA, and then go to integrations and add integration. The details you have to fill in to the flow are documented (visible through HACS or on github).

sorry maybe i wasn’t clear enough maybe because of my english.
I have everything installed but I would like a way to understand if the server is responding.
from app bentel tells me cone find server is. let me know if there is any way to check.
i thought maybe the problem lies in the fact that i have home assistant with https.
let me know if you can

No worries, happy to help. the SIA protocol is very sparse, so will not send messages unless necessary, the most important thing is that within HA if you look at the entities (the alarm and sensors) that they show as a state and not as unknown, if they show unknown that means that within the last X minutes no communication from the alarm has taken place, where X is the ping interval you setup on both the alarm and in HA and it differs between alarm systems how exactly that is setup, so I can’t really help you with that. HA running on HTTPS does not matter, SIA will open it’s own port and that is used.

HI
new to the Ajax devices, let alone integration of it into HA, I was wondering if the tilt door sensor https://www.robbshop.nl/raam-deur-sensor-doorprotect-plus-tiltsensor-wit-ajax would be supported in any way. Seems to be the only available tilt sensor in our region, given the fact that https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/ecolink-z-wave-plus-garage-door-tilt-sensor-tiltzwave2-5-eco can only be found overseas

Ajax being the security system of choice, I would most definitely consider buying this for my Garage door, if only for this feature.

unfortunately the SIA protocol that we use for this integration doesn’t do this directly, you might be able to create a workaround where you put that sensor in it’s own zone and then have that zone active at all times, which would then lead to a Triggered state for the alarm when it opens. But we don’t get the state of each sensor.