Ajax alarm system

the integration should pull in the last state from before starting, but if there is not state from earlier in HA then there is no way to know what state it is in through SIA.

Latest beta (8) did not play nice. Failed to load and all entities are unavailable.

• SecuritySystemCurrentState: value=0 is an invalid value.
  • SecuritySystemTargetState: value=0 is an invalid value.

really can’t tell form this what’s going on, please turn on logs and log a issue

I am trying to switch a really old manual install to the HACS-managed, but having some issues with config.

This is the first time using HACS, so might be some error on my part.

I install SIA by going to HACS → Integrations → “Explore & add repositories”.
Select SIA, click “install”, but not configuration options att all are shown.
All I get is a SIA card with a pending restart, and after restart, nowhere to enter config.

There is an “Update information” option on the SIA card, which does nothing upon click.

I have tried the version 0.3.11, 0.3.10 and Master
Have removed the old “custom_components/sia”, and the old yaml-config, before installing HACS

Am I looking in the wrong places?

try the beta release, it is much better. and hopefully the official integration will be included in HA in the next month!

1 Like

Still the same issue, no hint on where to enter any config.

Are there any screenshots of how it should look like? This whole move to “gui config” is confusing as hell :stuck_out_tongue:

you should install the latest beta of SIA through HACS and then you might need to restart (I’m never sure) and then you can go to the Integration page and add it there. So the config is never done in HACS!

It finally showed up in the “add integration” list.

While waiting, I went back to the card in HACS and clicked “update information”.
No idea if that made any difference, or if it just needed some time to show up!

Hi,

It’s first time i react on the forum.
I’m new to Home assistant and i use this SIA intĂ©gration with my ajax security system.
It’s working great but it should be great to retrieve the state of the door sensor to use them for home automation (light, climate, 
)
As i can read above, it’s not possible with the SIA protocol.

As i read on the jeedom french forum, they seems to be able to retrieve this information.

https://community.jeedom.com/t/systeme-d-alarme-ajax-puissant-moderne-et-cout-bien-place/4742/181

They seems to get access to the private API trought cloud.

Should it be possible with home assistant ?

Regards

just been reading through their forum, and it seems Jeedom (the company) has registered itself with Ajax as a alarm system monitoring company, which gives them access to the Ajax Cloud environment and basically allows you to give access to another Ajax Pro user ([email protected]) and then that user can control your alarm (if you want), this goes through cloud and needs a central entity and maybe even a license cost, so I think this is not really the way we want HA to work, unless Nabu Casa sees a business case for this.

@eavanvalkenburg
Please advise how to avoid constant status “triggered” after alarm was fired.
Once “triggered” status is on, it never gets back to “alarmed_away” (zone was in this status when alarm fired).
I can catch up alarms, but need to avoid sticking “triggered” status.
Thanks!

1 Like

Your alarm should send a message that it was reset, check the logs to see if there was a code used for that that it not yet deals with, but normally that would happen with BR, NP or NO, you can see the rest here: sia/alarm_control_panel.py at eb0fa8faa30c726ca3e98cfa6812658441d429ac · eavanvalkenburg/sia · GitHub

Do you mean it should send signal when it was reset manually? I do not reset it manually and want integration just to report about triggering and then show Armed status again (unless I disarm manually).

The component is designed to reflect the alarm as much as possible, having said that, you could create an event through an automation with the same event type (sia_event__) and with a full SIA message in different fields where you have the codes mentioned above.

I have the message

2021-05-21 16:38:37 DEBUG (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.base_server] Incoming line: 30C50041"SIA-DCS"2844L0#1234[#1234|Nri3/BR11]_13:38:44,05-21-2021

With “BR” code that should return from triggered “BA” back to previous_state
but the status of zone does not change in fact (I see “last_code: BR” instead of “last_code: CG” that corresponds to real status of “armed_away”). Means - after each time when Hub triggers alarm I need to reset it manually - Disarm, then - Arm in order to observe the real status.

Hi, could you suggest how to update from stable build installed from integration to beta release please ?

hi all! Great news, the official SIA integration has been merged into Home Assistant and should be part of 2021.6! During the review some things were improved that I haven’t back ported into the current custom component.

In the initial version only the alarm_control_panels are available, the request to add the binary_sensors has been created but it is not sure if that will be merged on time for the initial release, otherwise hopefully soon after, so if you use the smoke, moisture, power and last heartbeat sensors, you can keep using the custom component until those are in.

If you do switch, make sure to delete the custom integration from your HA by going into the integration page, then remove the integration through HACS, reboot and then readd the integration through HA, the reason is that the way the config is stored has changed, in order to support adding zones or changing the way the integration handles timestamps through an options flow, so you don’t need to readd the whole integration for those changes, which is definitely an improvement!

4 Likes

Great news, is this already on core-2021.6.0b1 or the next 2021.6 ?

bim!!! great news!

Could you please elaborate how to send the proper (Alarm Away) code after a zone has been triggered.
Automation with this service directed to corresponding triggered zone did not work out.
The closest one I found was:
alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home

But zone still remained triggered.
I was not able to find sia_event.