Ajax alarm system

No solution so far

Make a relay with esp i dont see as a tech solution but geek
I want a nice Ajax integration using Mqtt, is that so hard? They have a truly great coding team why dont they do that

We dont need disarm using mqtt. Status and arm

I agree, in my view the main problem is that they (alarm system manufacturers) all have a commercial interest in keeping the connection to a alarm system singular and proprietary, which is unfortunate for all the people who want both (I personally just have the sia integration in HA because I donā€™t want to pay some company a non-trivial amount per month).

@eavanvalkenburg but if the support SIA which is standardized protocol they have to expect someone will come up with ā€œread-onlyā€ integration.

Regarding the integration of controlling i can imagine its also commercial but maybe another reason is security as 3rd codeā€¦ can have a bug and noone then put a stamp that it wont be compromised from the integration point of view.

But i dont understand why they are blocking / making all that hassle for a read-only integration.

I agree, the problem is most of not all alarms are setup for just 1 monitoring company (only monitoring for SIA, in the case is Ajax they have their own protocol for official companies paying them a fee to also control afaik) and there is no reason it couldnā€™t simultaneously connect to multiple other than maybe compute power and bandwidth, but they havenā€™t done that, although maybe some doā€¦

Does anyone know why I get this? In the Ajax app there is a notification that the SIA connection is broken. Where should I start looking for a solution to this, any ideas?

I had the ping interval in the Ajax app set to 5 min, changed it to 1 min now. Have a vague memory of the same setting in the SIA addon in Home Assistant but canā€™t find it?

I have lot of these in the log but doesnā€™t help me unfortunately:

2021-09-25 21:51:47 WARNING (MainThread) [pysiaalarm.base_server] Event timestamp is no longer valid: 2021-09-25 19:52:28+00:00

that message means the timestamps are out of sync, you can either turn on the ignore timestamp in the options flow for sia (when using the official integration) or wait a bit, I have a new version of the package coming in the next HA update that has a solution for this!

Alright, but the fact that I no longer can see the status of the alarm in HA isnā€™t related to the log entry?

My alarm is just ā€œUnavailableā€.

yeah it is, when it rejects a message (like when the timestamp is wrong) then that message is not used in HA to mark the alarm as available.

1 Like

Ah, then I understand. Thanks for explaining, Iā€™ll wait for the updated version then.

1 Like

sorry its confusing here. ā€¦ someone mentioned SIA via
I install SIA by going to HACS ā†’ Integrations ā†’ ā€œExplore & add repositoriesā€.
Select SIA,

and there there are links to https://github.com/Cheaterdev/sia-ha
or
https://github.com/eavanvalkenburg/sia/

so which module/plugin should work with Ajax?

thanks

Second one is a continuation of the first one.
But it is an official integration now so the latest one is not installed from HACS anymore.

Yeah please go with the official one, i havenā€™t done much with the HACS one recently so it is already starting to get behind and Iā€™ll deprecate it at some point!

and what was the reason that you forked one? thanks

I forked CheaterDevā€™s version a long time ago to further extend it and with the goal of at some point creating a official integration out of it, and by now it is officially in HA so no longer a need to have a HACS version!

@evanheckert hello, what exactly is meant by zones int True The number of zones present for the account, default is 1. ?

Does zone equals to group? thanks

To control ajax with Home Assistant (door sensor and Alarm activate/deactivate) iā€™m using Jeedom.
Jeedom is a domotic soft like Domotics or Home Assistant and they have developped a plugin to manage Ajax alarm. With mqtt you can integrate it in Home Assistant :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hello,
is there a way to get / read status of Nigh mode?

thanks

Yes:

@stban1983 We couldnā€™t find any code matching ā€˜night modeā€™ in eavanvalkenburg/sia

Iā€™m not sure what you mean, but night mode is a status for alarms in ha and as such is reflected by the component based on the code that came in. So please elaborate what you are trying to do!