Ajax alarm system

That’s great!
In the docs : Ajax Hub SIA/Contact_ID codes - Google Drive you can see on description that we can see parameters in [parameters]. Is not possible to recuperate the description event directly on the SIA integration ? Or Ajax not sent this ? It would be great that we can filtering event based the name of sensors and not by groups.

No those texts are not sent, and we also don’t get more info on which sensor does something through SIA. here you can see all the info in the HA event: SIA Alarm Systems - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

Ok thank you. I thinked is it possible.
I contacted also Ajax to ask if it possible to retrieve state of an open door for example when alarm is disarmed and they doesn’t want to do that at the moment. Based on the SIA protocol, it will be good for make others automation and keep secure install with no interaction with write permissions. Maybe they will can implement this if somes persons ask also the same thing ? This will support the demand

1 Like

Unfortunately not, i was looking at it a while ago with @eavanvalkenburg but never got it to work. Seems that the protocol is somewhat different or some kind of heartbeat is send but never accepted.

Will this heartbeat parameter be implemented in the official integration?
I prefer to tinker as little as possible to stay in line with future updates.

And is the power status of the Ajax Hub correct? I think power value 0 means it is running on mains power and not in its internal battery. Power “off” is in this case the wrong translation of the status.

Any possibility to add the Rooms which are used in the Ajax Hub? Zones are something else, right?

I’m curious, did anyone do any hacks to actually control Ajax from HA?
I’m contemplating putting a key fob hidden somewhere in the house with a bunch of button pushers on it. Would that work and why would it be a good/bad idea?

Yes, search for my posts in here and you will find info on connecting Wemos D1 Mini ESP to an Ajax keyfob. I have two D1 Mini’s controlling three Ajax Keyfobs (so that I can control different zones independently).

1 Like

Oh, thanks, this is fantastic! So much better than what I had in mind. Will definitely try this idea.

1 Like

Hey!
Do you know how to get Nookbox in Homeassistant? :slight_smile:

@eavanvalkenburg hello, whats the latest update of integration of ajax with HASS? Does it work using SIA plugin? I saw some post (cant find it) where they somehow used 2 relays to signalize status , not idea if its usable or not.

references >

thanks

yeah the integration based on the SIA protocol works for me and many others! so not sure what you are missing! just be mindfull that SIA doesn’t allow setting the alarm, just monitoring it’s status.

I would like it to be, but the HA team has some doubts, please comment here: Add sensor platform to SIA integration by eavanvalkenburg · Pull Request #51365 · home-assistant/core (github.com) and tag Frenck so that they see that people want this added!

@eavanvalkenburg all i want is once the ajax is armed i want to send that arming signal/status to HASS and execute actions on other devices, same for unarmed action.

When i contacted ajax directly if i can read armed/unarmed status they said there is no option to do that. Also i saw someone here created some “complicated” solution using 2 ajax relays and some other component and send status armed/unarmed via these relays to HASS.

So is there some howto/readme/tutorial how to read statuses and notify HASS via sia? Also releasing new os in ajax they i think also slightly changed sia protocol? no idea.

thanks

What you want works fine, just go to integrations and search for SIA alarm systems

The bad bad thing is that to switch to sia i should edit ip that is used by my guard company
And guard monitoring turns off
So that is not the option for me

I was thinking about using ajax relays but it is strange that such tech device as Ajax doesnt have a good integration with iftt, google home, HA

No need to disarm using integrations, only arm and notify

and is there some documentation/how to regarding to it? thanks

have you found some solution then?

I have been using this for about a year and understand that this is now an official addon. Since the connection stopped working yesterday I thought I should do it the new official way but feel a bit lost.

How to I migrate from the old to the new way? SHould I remove everything, install via HACS and then add it under Configurations > Integrations? Or how do I do it the best way?

Edit:
Just uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled. Worked great!

As discuss : https://github.com/eavanvalkenburg/sia/issues/50

Ajax team confirm that we can filter device using the device number that we can see in the Ajax App at the end of each device view.

So, you can make a new binary_sensor for each one. For example, to get the state of door (work only when alarm is armed) I’ve sugget the option to Ajax Dev Teams to have the state also when alarm is disarmed.
More people ask, more chance the option will have to come. I count on you

template:
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: sia_event_#####_#####
    event_data:
      code: 'BA'
  binary_sensor:
    - name: WatchDog_Ajax
      auto_off: 5 #just set to off after 5s when is triggered
      state: "true"
2 Likes

fantastic stuff, just responded that the way the messages are used in the SIA protocol is manufacturer-specific I don’t plan to further parse them at this time, so this is a great workaround for most use cases! Thanks for sharing @Drealine