Ajax alarm system

@eavanvalkenburg thats strange, why there are 2 sections in the sia protocol conf?

primary ip address
secondary ip address

I assume if i can mock in HA same ip as use monitoring station and same object number then it should work? or am i wrong and secondary ip is only in case first ip die?

thanks…

In that case there is no option to monitor ajax status via sia to monitoring station and simultaneously to HA? ;-(?

As far as I know that is indeed for failover, so if the primary IP doesn’t respond it will try the secondary, pretty normal for IP based communications since you don’t have DNS in between in that case!

Thank you so much for this extension. I set it up and it is basically working (hub+, with one range extender, firwmare 2.12). 4 zones are declared. In readme it is said that 3 entity types are created upon setup: binary_sensor, alarm_control_panel and sensor. As you may see in the screenshot, no sensor type are reported. Is it what is expected ?
I noticed there is an entity for power sensor for the hub. Could we have the same for range extender?
I have one fire tracker in zone 3. I’m wondering how to identify it among the two binary sensors?
I’m running HA latest version as well as for SIA integration.
Thank you

I have a similar problem.
In my case I have 4 motion sensors in the same area and I don’t see any sensor-type entity for these devices. In fact, in my case, I can’t even be notified when the alarm goes off. I can only see if it is Armed or Unarmed :roll_eyes::confounded::relieved: Can anyone help please?

1 Like

couple of things:

• the sia protocol doesn’t pass individual sensors (motion) on, only the state of the system per zone.
  • smoke and moisture sensors are disabled by default in HA so check under the entities of the integration to enable them
  • if you don’t see the state change your expect please turn on logging, there might be codes used that aren’t known so then we can include them

Thanks @eavanvalkenburg. So I guess there is no way to tell without activating both binary_sensors of zone 3, which one is Fire detector, isn’t it?
As for sensor that is supposed to report heartbeat, why there is none shown in the screenshoot above?
And last question, is there a way to report Rex power failure?

No actually what is supposed to happen is that once is named smoke and the other moisture instead of none, so I’m not sure what’s happening with that in your case…

@eavanvalkenburg is there a way to troubleshoot? Could it be that the fire sensor belongs to zone 3, and there is none in zone 1?

I had the idea to activate all entities. It turns out that the icon of one them in each zone is set to moisture, the other one is unset, see picture. How should be named the entity, something like binary_sensor_5656_ccc_zone3_fire?

Somehow I managed to identify the entity that is the smoke detector when using automation. See herebelow. However as we may notice device name is set to None as for moisture detector. It is when a trigger is selected that we know that the correct device is selected. Maybe an improvement area?
Smoke

However there is an issue with triggers. I have no problem to trigger a restfull command when a disarmed condition arises. However, the counterpart, that is arming does not trigger anything. I noticed that trigger dropdown menu lists 3 items as seen on the screenshot herebelow. However, the name of the device does not appear when arming is selected. Is it why the arming trigger does not work, or am I doing something wrong?

I continued to search for a possible explanation without success. Any feedback from another fellow on this matter? Thank you

Hi are you able to arm and disarm from Ha through jeedom

1 Like

Yes! And through HA too

1 Like

@stban1983 how dis you get this to work?

So I have some connections at Ajax. I have the API even. But, it will only work with a access key licensed to a specific developer/integration.
That key should not be public, even if the code is open source.
Is there a way to achieve this with HA ?

3 Likes

I think maybe through Nabu Casa we might be able to! I would love to get that working!

2 Likes

I’ll send you the API :slight_smile:

You need to install jeedom software then Ajax plugin and MQTT plugin.

https://doc.jeedom.com/fr_FR/plugins/security/ajaxSystem/

Could you share the code to arm / disarm the Ajax through jeedom ?
Thank you

template:
  - trigger:
      platform: event
      event_type: sia_event_8124_ABCDEF
      event_data:
        code: 'BA'
    binary_sensor:
      - name: Utgangsdør_ajax
        device_class: door
        auto_off: 5 #just set to off after 5s when is triggered
        state: "true"

So i made this binary sensor. But i would this to not just auto_off after 5 seconds, but rather listen and change state based on two states.

BA = open
BR = Closed

But maybe this doesnt support that?

Hello,
The entity power supply reports off forever. Is it supposed to be working?