Aladdin API changing

Did you figure out how to get your HA to see the garage door? Mine isn’t finding it either

@Slowie and @jsmith: How are you two running HomeBridge? I’m running it in Docker with network mode = host and it worked fine for me.

I can confirm homebridge works like a charm I used GitHub - davide125/hassio-addons: Personal repository for Home Assistant add-ons for maximum ease of use by running as a HASS add on!! Now can we just port the homebridge implementation to HA

Any update on the port to HA?

Just that they are working on it. So. No.

Dj

Since this issue has frustrated me so much, I’ve started work as of yesterday on porting the homebridge-genie-aladdin-connect plugin to a HACS integration.

It’s still a major WIP, and I don’t have an ETA for completion (sounds familiar, I know) but so far I’m able to authenticate and pull my devices and garage door names. Still to be done is actual sensors and control of the covers.

I’ll keep you all updated on my progress. Keep holding tight!

5 Likes

Sorry, I missed this reply.

HomeBridge is installed and running on my Synology

Hi all,

I’ve completed my initial port of the homebridge plugin for HACS! :tada:

v0.2.1 is the latest version that has sensor data, and works for opening and closing the door (at least from my devices and testing).

Instructions can be found in the repo. Please feel free to file issues and model name requests as necessary; I only have two of the same type of device to be able to test on, so user data would be great!

Happy HACSing!

Thank you so much for doing this! It works great with my opener (model “Ceiling Mount”…that’s all their app says too).

1 Like

Thanks. Got it installed.

dj

1 Like

This worked for me as well… thanks @andyrak

Thanks so much! It’s silly but the ability to open/close my garage door was one of my favorite HA tasks. I have a zone based automation to open my door when I enter the zone if my door is closed. Man I missed having that.

Thanks so much for pointing to a temporary solution for this! Honestly I was afraid that Aladdin was pulling a MyQ on us but trying to act like they were updating their API until we all forgot about it.

Andy, thanks so much for your efforts on this. I installed it today and it works great. Here are some details of my Aladdin Connect: Model: ALDCM, IC: 2133A-ALDCM, MFG Date: 20211126D10206

Thank you! This worked great, really appreciate it!

Looks like there has been a pull request for the integration now.

dj

1 Like

Has anyone gotten this integration working since this pull request? Mine failed to authenticate when I tried it this morning.

Are you using the current integration? I don’t think it will work if you upgraded the app on your phone. The current integration uses the old API and the pull request is the official one that uses the new API.

Dj

Yep, got it figured out-- thanks!

One note: if I open the door via HA, then close it using my garage door opener or the wall control, it still shows open in HA. Hoping a future update will be able to poll the Aladdin service for open/closed status.

I think once the official integration is released it should. Is your door an actual wifi compatible system or are you using the retrofit kit they sell?

dj